• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Messups and Wii U availability

GamerUnite

Smash Rookie
TL;DR Before I start my rant: Let me just sum it up. Why is the mario kart 8 wii u bundle not in stock? (I really would appreciate it since i really love mario kart 8) Nintendo has a lot of things that they have not branded or continued correctly... expecially after so many things have been rare/limited. The Gamepad should've been utilized more or marketed better, or even gone/optional. It brought the wii price up alot, and also many thought the wii u was just a gamepad add-on. Nintendo needs to brand better, not get so cocky they they fail on several things (such as the rarity of ammibos and other aspects) and 3rd party support and buyers would come naturally. However, I thoruogh ly LOVE the wii u

So... I've been noticing for a long time that Nintendo really needs to get it together with the availability and 3rd party support.
First of all, why is mario kart 8 wii u bundle not in stock anywhere? At gamestop or walmart? I knew that they sort of implemented this as a holiday special type of thing but I thought they would continue it.
This has been shown for lots of things, such as amiibo, 3rd party games, 3rd party accesories, and worst of all the gamecube adapter.
I really like the wii u but I can't afford all those games and the wii u when I also have to pay for mario kart 8 because it's not available and I'm stuck with Super Mario World. :/

Now there is also a video on how the wii u is messing up which I agree on: Adam Koralik's Wii U 2nd year review( search it up :p since I can't post links XD)

And I saw this on another website that I just had to share:
I don't know. In theory, I love theideaof the gamepad but, in practice, Nintendo has done very little to justify it's existence. I think that this time around Nintendo developed hardware with a lot of potential for innovative gameplay and then pretty much ignored the unique aspects of that hardware (except for party games and off screen play) in favor of pushing traditional gameplay experiences.

I feel that Nintendo lacked a cohesive vision when it came to the Wii U and the console has suffered for that.
oIt could have been the Wii HD, same hardware just without the gamepad to release at a lower price. That would have sold very well.
oIt could have been the Super Wii, hardware more on par with the XBone and PS4. That would have sold very well.
oOr, revolutionary thought, it would have been the Wii U...but with the software and marketing support to promote innovative new gaming experiences.
Instead, we have the Wii U, which tries to be all three of the above while managing to be none of the above. Aside from Nintendoland and the various party games, Nintendo has done almost nothing interesting with the gamepad. Off screen play and maps on a second screen are nice...but not exactly revolutionary. Nintendo has a lot of experience developing games for the DS/3DS and for the Gamecube, more than any other developer they should have been prepared to justify the gamepad...instead they've been trivializing it. Honking a horn in Mart Kart 8? Really? A track designer would have been a lot nicer.

Here Wii U software and features that I'd like to see from Nintendo.
oPokemon Snap U/Endless Ocean U:Here are games that use cameras while exploring interactive environments. Both would make immersive and interesting use of the gamepad. Plus, as an added bonus both games would be great in HD.
oIn Game Video Chat:The gamepad has a microphone, camera, and second screen built in... Duh! Use them for video chatting while playing games online! It makes so much sense, Nintendo even has a video chat client running already.
oStrategy Hybrids:Star Fox with a tactical map to direct wingmates, a First Person Shooter with a tactical map to give orders to allied units, an action game with an asynchrous versus mode (like ZombiU's but expanded), or just a plain old real time strategy game... That little touch screen is dripping with potential for hybrid gameplay.
oOn the fly Player generated content:Penny Arcade called it a long time ago... That gamepad would be perfect for a central player to use to design and control content that other players would then work through.
oAsynchronous Co-Op:There have been a lot of adventure games over the years where the main character is directed by a support character over the radio, their possessed sword, or a noisy little fairy. I'd love to see an adventure game where Player 1 is enjoying a traditional adventure game while Player 2 is playing a puzzle/strategy hybrid where they're researching boss weaknesses (which they can verbally pass on to Player 1), watching enemy movements on a map (which Player 1 doesn't see), call in allied support for Player 1, and "hack" enemy installation through a puzzle game to gather intel/alter the scenario. This is just an example, one that I'd love to play through with some of my friends who love puzzle games and stories...but not action. I'd love to see all sorts of asynchronous Co-Op.

Top Bottom