• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo is "Intrigued" With Project M. Could This Affect Smash 4?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
And the reason DI was nerfed was to prevent the game from becoming overly defensive, which was what our (and Sakurai himself's) main complaint against the Brawl metagame is.

Just putting that out there.
DI, or Smash DI? But yeah, I hated Brawl's defensiveness. I'm glad Sakurai is addressing that. I honestly wouldn't mind if they nerfed smash DI. It would automatically buff many characters in the cast with multi-hit moves. And like you said, it would favor offensive play.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
A balanced Melee HD with online would be pretty rad (it would kill the original Melee competitive scene, although its not a bad thing). I don't expect it to come soon though. And if the competitive Smash 4 mode/edition is well balanced, that would be great as well.
it would probably also kill any other smash scene entirely, if it were to happen.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Means nothing. Nintendo wouldn't screw with the fanbase again after messing up so bad evo before last so they're not even going to try to stop it.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
DI has been around since Smash 64 and is in Smash 4, although smash DI is somewhat lacking.
The only kind of DI in 64 is smash DI. What's funny is that the first release of SSB64 (JP version) lacked Smash DI. The NA version is the one that has a lot more smash DI potential.

Top Bottom