• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

nintendo icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossdog

Smash Apprentice
does it bother anyone else that they brought back a F E character?
I think in the american version they should replace him with someone else

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
does it bother anyone else that they brought back a F E character?
I think in the american version they should replace him with someone else

I don't understand what you are saying...

If you are saying ike is japan-only then you are a nub...

mossdog

Smash Apprentice
I know that FE is available now, but in the US almost no one knows what it is let alone it being on a iconic level.

I think there be an american version with a replacement character

kinda like soul calaber 2 where there was a special character on each console

True Fool

Smash Ace
You are an idiot. This game does have popularity in America, they drew interest with the Smash appearances and have kept popularity by making more games now released internationally.

There's nothing wrong with Japan-only characters anyway. Nintendo is a Japanese company, SSBB will be released in Japan first. I'm thankful we even got Marth and Roy, they were close to being removed from the American version altogether.

You have no place to say who is iconic and who isn't. In my eyes FE is iconic as the only Nintendo-made RPG that I still enjoy playing.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Having different characters for different versions (at least country versions) is a terrible idea. I don't want to be left out. :ohwell:

Jeremy092387

Smash Cadet
Are you high? Ike isn't super ,mega, popular but there is a big enough fanbase for Fire Emblem to warrant characters like Ike. He was high on the character request poll and several people wanted him here in the states too. A different character for the US version? That's pretty **** stupid, considering online, you could possibly run into a character that isn't even in your version in the game. Don't be an idiot. You should have given this more thought before you posted....and when I say that I meant you shouldn't have posted this it all.

mossdog

Smash Apprentice
You are an idiot. This game does have popularity in America, they drew interest with the Smash appearances and have kept popularity by making more games now released internationally.

There's nothing wrong with Japan-only characters anyway. Nintendo is a Japanese company, SSBB will be released in Japan first. I'm thankful we even got Marth and Roy, they were close to being removed from the American version altogether.

You have no place to say who is iconic and who isn't. In my eyes FE is iconic as the only Nintendo-made RPG that I still enjoy playing.

don't call me an idiot for having an idea you little prick you can be thankful all you want... no one cares. I was just asking if anyone agreed with me that there should be an american substitute with a character we're more familiar with. but who would want to boost sales over seas?

and no... just because it exists does'nt mean it has popularity

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
This idea sucks. Hard.

And you must really hate Lucas, huh?

mossdog

Smash Apprentice
Are you high? Ike isn't super ,mega, popular but there is a big enough fanbase for Fire Emblem to warrant characters like Ike. He was high on the character request poll and several people wanted him here in the states too. A different character for the US version? That's pretty **** stupid, considering online, you could possibly run into a character that isn't even in your version in the game. Don't be an idiot. You should have given this more thought before you posted....and when I say that I meant you shouldn't have posted this it all.

yes... requests from melee fans...

the idea is that it would turn ssb on to people that usually would'nt play
would non smashbro fans take time vote on a character they want?

think before you reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom