• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo hosted tournament 9-26-2020 - Thoughts and Experiences

volbound1700

Smash Master
I participated in the official Nintendo event and here was my thoughts:

1. Although I wasn't going to win it, I got jobbed bad in a couple of match by Final Smash/Items. I got frustrated and quit the second time.
2. 4 Stock was a little too much. 3 Stock seems to be fine.
3. I had one match on Jungle Japes and it was brutal because both myself and my opponent had characters not designed to handle the stage well
4. I also picked Dedede and got stuck in Onett against a Greninja that ended up being a challenge

Overall it was a fun event but likely not fair. I won more matches than I thought that I would but I still finished under 15k despite winning about as many matches as I lost. I had several matches that went down to the wire and could have gone both ways. I had one that I was up 3-1 on stock and the player got items next to them and the Final Smash bonus so I just got bombarded with items and lost. Was very frustrating and was one of the 2 matches referenced in #1 above.

Ideas on how to improve:

1. Final Smashes only allowed with Smash Ball
2. 3 Stock matches
3. Take out some of the more overpowered items, trophies, and pokeballs

Also, this is just a general complaint about every Smash game since Brawl. EVERY PLAYER SHOULD HAVE A COUNTER THAT REQUIRES YOU TO HIT THE SMASH BALL THE SAME NUMBER OF TIMES. I hate when I wail on a Smash Ball and it flies across the screen to the opponent who gets it with 1 easy hit. Very frustrating.

Last edited:
Top Bottom