• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo getting tips from this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
The character editing stage was brought up first mainly on this board. Does a nintendo rep visit this board for ideas?

Hong

The Strongest
While I don't think something as simple as a stage editor was inspired by a fan suggestion, I definately believe Nintendo has people from Treehouse or something occasionally scoping large Smash Brothers communities for as little as half an hour a day for ideas on how to make Brawl a better game. Really, it's a nice place to get a large sample size on reactions to DOJO!! updates, character popularity, character ideas, oversights or just feedback in general.

volbound1700

Smash Master
While I don't think something as simple as a stage editor was inspired by a fan suggestion, I definately believe Nintendo has people from Treehouse or something occasionally scoping large Smash Brothers communities for as little as half an hour a day for ideas on how to make Brawl a better game. Really, it's a nice place to get a large sample size on reactions to DOJO!! updates, character popularity, character ideas, oversights or just feedback in general.
That was basically what I was saying. In fact some Nintendo reps may be fans on this board as well.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
Yeah I think it is a possibility because even from the start, the developers wanted to hear from the fans. That's why Sakurai posted the poll of characters way back then. I think it's greatly beneficial to see what the fans want. :)

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
No....
Stop being so gullible -_-...How many OTHER games have "create-a-" modes?

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
The character editing stage was brought up first mainly on this board.
It's been brought up by everyone and their brother since the 64 game... And, to be quite honest, even before that. A lot of people sit down to a game with levels and think aloud "wouldn't it be cool if we could make our OWN levels?"

It's hardly exclusive to Smash Boards.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. I mean, I remember stage editors all the way back on games like Excite Bike for NES. :p

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Well for Lode Runner: The Legend Returns, you curtainitly had a stage editor (level group editor), but still this is great, I wonder what that means for the debug mode?

Masterem243

Smash Lord
It's true, the custom stage idea is not all that original, but i do believe that they're listening to the fans when it comes to this game.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure there's a position in game development called an Online Community Manager. What this guy does is read the forums all day and get a feel for what the fans are saying. He then makes a judgment call on what are the best ideas with the most merit, then he types up a report and submits it to the higher-ups, who can listen to it or ignore it as they see fit, but at least the voices are heard.

Especially since these boards are public-access, it wouldn't surprise me at all that Nintendo reps or devs check here from time to time to gauge the community and their reactions to events.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure there's a position in game development called an Online Community Manager. What this guy does is read the forums all day and get a feel for what the fans are saying. He then makes a judgment call on what are the best ideas with the most merit, then he types up a report and submits it to the higher-ups, who can listen to it or ignore it as they see fit, but at least the voices are heard.

Especially since these boards are public-access, it wouldn't surprise me at all that Nintendo reps or devs check here from time to time to gauge the community and their reactions to events.
I am not sure it is a position, I just think that some Nintendo employees on their free time will visit boards and then the next day at the office bring it up to the staff.

Uke

Smash Cadet
Makes me think of all those thousands of games where they let you edit stuff. Here's a few to jog your memory

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 and every Tony Hawk game after that
Tenchu: Birth of the Stealth Assassin
Tenchu Senran/Z
Excite Bike
Armored Core
Dynasty Warriors / Samurai Warriors
25 to Life
Any MMO

And just about every other game you've ever heard of. Out of all those games with editors in them, I'm pretty sure they got the idea from us.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
They've probably heard of us, but how much they check us out I don't know. Though, don't think that they're taking ideas from our posts...that's just wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom