• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Game Discussion Club - Chibi-Robo!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'll post so long as there's a game I can talk about.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I would like to see this thread continue as well if your up for it. Life has kind of prevented me from being on here that much lately but would like to continue to discuss various games when able.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Big things come in chibi packages.

Chibi-Robo!

Game Summary:
The Sanderson family has just become the proud owners of a new Chibi-Robo unit. It's time for their new little buddy to clean, jump, climb and heal the family or marriage issues? Chibi-Robo is a game where the entire playable world is the Sanderson house. Being well, chibi, Chibi-Robo is small and requires a lot of effort to move around a normal sized home. But wait, you have limited power. You'll need to carefully decide just what to do as every single action, from walking to fighting enemies takes precious power. You can always plug into an outlet and charge up if you can make it to one. You'll need to clean up the house, perform tasks to help the people, animals and toys that live in the house and fighting off the dangerous Spydors. You have a variety of tools to explore your world including a propeller, a tooth brush and a gun. Use those watts wisely.

The plot of Chibi-Robo is actually several smaller isolated plots. There is the main goal of reviving Giga-Robo but most of what you do doesn't directly affect that. Sometimes you'll help two toys fall in love. Maybe you'll help a failing marriage. You can help a little girl to speak. And you can even get downright Funky with Funky Phil (not too Funky though, he nearly dies). To give a plot summary of Chibi-Robo would be difficult. I'd have to give several smaller summaries instead.

Initial Release:
June 23, 2005

Playable on...

• NGC

Notable Character Debuts:
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Telly
  • Drake Redcrest
  • George
  • Jenny
  • Helen
  • Tao
  • Giga-Robo
  • Funky Phil
  • Dinah
  • Mort
  • Princess Pits

Current Metacritic Scores:

Critics: 75
Players: 8.7

Confirmed Players:

• Swamp Sensei
Recommended by:

• Swamp Sensei

I got this game randomly as a gift from a friend. I quickly fell in love. If I had to describe this game with one word, its... heart. Helping everyone around you just feels nice and the sense of progression is so unique and charming. I especially love the toys around the house. They're a super fun cast of characters. In fact, I'll go ahead and say it. This is the only good Chibi-Robo game. The rest pale in comparison. Even Park Patrol. Still, this one game made me enough of a fan to keep seeing if the other games could recapture that magic. I genuinely love this game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I loved playing this game. I didn't play the other ones in the franchise(though I think I own only one of the other two?), but this one felt really fun. Nothing felt too overwhelming mechanics-wise, or unfair. It was reasonably challenging at some points, and I don't mind being on a battery(though sometimes item-breaking mechanics can be, uh, annoying, but thankfully this game balanced it well).

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
So with the ntsc gamecube game being crazy expensive i went to the next best thing, the ds game (Park Patrol). It was ok & definitely saw the potential of the series. Even tried Photo Finder since i liked the potential so much. Luckily a translation released since then for the more affordable wii (new play control) version. Do have it backed up & patched but still on my backlog for now. Similar situation too for the 2nd ds game (Clean Sweep?) which i guess is the closest sequel to the original.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So who were your favorite characters in the OG Chibi-Robo?

I personally love the princess and mummy side quest. I also loved everything with Dinah and Funky Phill.

And of course, Drake Redcrest is a hoot.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So who were your favorite characters in the OG Chibi-Robo?

I personally love the princess and mummy side quest. I also loved everything with Dinah and Funky Phill.

And of course, Drake Redcrest is a hoot.
dinah was my favourite, she's so fun and she's got a great theme tune. love the free rangers and captain plankbeard too

Top Bottom