• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nintendo Direct - September 13th, 2018

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Official Direct page on Nintendo.com
https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-13-2018/

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1039876288553484291
Time Zone conversions:
September 13th, 2018
PST = 3 P.M.
EST = 6 P.M.
GMT = 10 P.M.
BST = 11 P.M.
September 14th, 2018
CET = 12 A.M.
JST = 7 A.M.
AEST = 8 A.M.

Direct YouTube link on the official (US) channel that will be streaming it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9xB3jR9eUQ

Can also be watched on the official Nintendo Twitch.tv page (along with several restreams):
https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo
-

All global rules apply as usual, but we'll also be using the Ultimate forum guidelines.

https://smashboards.com/threads/sup...-rules-and-guidelines-read-this-first.446330/

Specifically, please keep the following in mind:

• -Please report any posts that violate any of the rules. Don't reply to spam or respond to obvious flame/trollbait.
  • -No media-only/textless posts. Posting reactions is fine during the Direct/any reveals themselves. Large images and potential leaks should be spoilered ( )
  • -No low effort ****posts. Jokes are in fact fine, but keep in mind all of the other rules (even if it's "obvious" you were kidding, you may still be warned if it detracts from the topic).
  • -No blatantly fake leaks that you yourself made up or came upon. These will be warned without question.
  • -Expressing disappointment is allowed, but flaming other users out of spite will not be tolerated. Just because you yourself don't find something exciting doesn't mean no one else will.
  • -Should it happen a character/game is confirmed/disconfirmed, absolutely no flaming will be tolerated. Doing so will be infracted harsher than usual. Don't rub salt in the wounds.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
[aggressively crosses fingers for Isabelle and Elma]
[ok fine Waddle Dee and Black Shadow too]

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm hoping if we're getting the official title drop for Yoshi Switch (that was leaked already), we can at least get a title drop/first look for Metroid Prime 4.

I'm also thinking there might be a Splatoon 2 announcement to go with the already datamined update.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Prediction: Dixie Kong (36e) and Isabelle (45e) revealed in-between the 3DS and Switch transition, and Bandana Dee (68) revealed at the end.

Unrelated to Smash, but I'm also calling a new PMD.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Viridi echoes for everyone

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm hoping if we're getting the official title drop for Yoshi Switch (that was leaked already), we can at least get a title drop/first look for Metroid Prime 4.

I'm also thinking there might be a Splatoon 2 announcement to go with the already datamined update.
As much as I'd like to see a Prime 4 name drop or first look, that feels like something that would be saved for the 2018 Game Awards or E3 2019.

D

Deleted member

Who do you think will be revealed tomorrow? My money's on either Issac or Lycanroc.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Pikmin 4, Animal Crossing, Mother trilogy, Castlevania collection, new Ice Climbers game, new Zelda, new Luigi's Mansion in the style of the first or even a new Star Fox are all announcements that can make me happy. I only need one.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Outside of Smash, I hope we get a better idea of what Yoshi's new game is (and why it was delayed so long) and maybe some more info on that rumored Mario Kart 8 extra content.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm summoning Elma and Bandana Dee into Smash... with my mind.

Outside of Smash, I'm hoping for a good chunk of 1st party announcements (especially since E3 gave us Super Mario party and.... nothing else).

D

Deleted member

Outside of Smash, I hope we get a remake for Link's Awakening on the 3ds titled "A Hero's Awakening" or something like that. That'd be awesome. May not happen, but it'd be awesome.

TBone06

Smash Ace
If they start the show with a Smash reveal, I think we get two new characters. I also think we get at least one Echo. If we don't get a reveal at the beginning, I think we only get one unique, and one echo.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Outside of Smash, I hope we get a remake for Link's Awakening on the 3ds titled "A Hero's Awakening" or something like that. That'd be awesome. May not happen, but it'd be awesome.
Maybe call it Link's Reawakening?

Also, I have a very out there sorta prediction for another FE Remake, of either FE5 (Leif's Game) or FE6 (Roy's)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I had to adjust my old bingo card due to some announcements, so there are a lot more hard calls here.
image.jpeg

Waluigi is the Free Space because WAA.

Mainly hoping for a good Smash newcomer and another trailer for Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Here's a list of the stuff i'm hoping for in this direct.
Smash:
Newcomer Reveal
Echo Reveal
New Stage
Teaser of Spirits Mode
Date for the next Smash Direct

Not Smash:
Information about online
Menu Themes
More ****ing Wii U Switch Ports
Bayonetta 3
Star Allies Dream Friends Wave 3
Gamecube Games coming to switch
Tomodachi Life 2
Animal Crossing Switch
New Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Game
Digimon Survive Localization
Shin Megami Tensei V
Persona Q2 Localization
Persona 5
Danganronpa Trilogy

Gonna post my bingo card soon

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Other than Smash:

-Pikmin 4
-Mother / Earthbound Trilogy
-NEW ICE CLIMBER GAME LET'S GO
-N64 Classic

Smash:

-Skull Kid and/or Banjo-Kazooie reveal
-I'm not really expecting much else other than a newcomer reveal, aside from maybe online stuff

kylexv

Smash Master
Smash Related:

We'll probably see Skull Kid or Isaac. Of course, I may be wrong.

Not Smash:

Hoping we see stuff about Pikmin 4 and/or Wave 3 of Kirby DLC. We really don't know much about what Nintendo has in store for next year other than FE and Yoshi, so I'd like to see what they have.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Besides me wanting Phosphora, a Monster Hunter hunter, or Medusa, I'm curious if there will be talk of DLC quests for MonHun Gen Ultimate since the game's been out for a little bit now. I won't be expecting much though not just because of my picky nature, but it's technically not a Smash direct. Won't stop me for hoping for something to be talked about Smash from there though. Even something as info on some characters we don't have much info on or something would help.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I see people lifting their hopes up for a Smash character, but let's not forget that Smash had a direct last month and they may want to focus on other stuff here, so it's possible that they may not even bring up Smash.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Prediction: Dixie Kong (36e) and Isabelle (45e) revealed in-between the 3DS and Switch transition, and Bandana Dee (68) revealed at the end.
If that happens, the game is absolute perfection for me...
However, I try to keep down my hype, only expecting one unique newcomer (probably Pokemon rep) at the most.
Besides Smash I hope for more info on Metroid Prime 4 and finally a new Animal Crossing.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I figure I'd post my smash predictions here just in case I get incredibly lucky and guess correctly. Also that won't happen because it's heavily biased

I believe a Rhythm Heaven rep, Bandana Dee, and Isabelle are being revealed tomorrow. I think this direct will have the non ballot (relevant) choices, so that's why I went with Rhythm Heaven. It could also be Elma or the next Pokemon, but as I said, I'm biased. I would've put Skull Kid, as he has the chairs and the room hint applied for the very next direct last time, so this is is best shot. I chose Bandana Dee instead because, while a popular pick, I just see him happening now. Isaac's less popular, but only really geared towards smash fans. I'd bet a lot more people watching a general direct would know Bandana Dee. Skull Kid could just as easily happen, but I'm still iffy on his chances. I would say it's really between those two. There's always a chance the chair evidence was all a coincidence, so I'm hesitant to put him in my predictions. I wouldn't be surprised if he happens tomorrow though. Finally, I went with Isabelle because I believe we are getting the reveal of the next animal crossing tomorrow. It would be the perfect game to talk about online with. She'll also likely be an echo, so she could just be announced casually during Animal Crossing's segment.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
My bet:
Smash: Just one fighter, put my money on Isaac
Details about the online services.
Bayo 3 or Metroid 4 trailer. One of them.
Indies / third party roll.
Mario Kart 8 DX DLC.
3DS known games, plus something new, a little new title.

SuperPhil64

Smash Rookie
They've already revealed K.Rool & Ridley so at this point the only characters they could reveal that would top that would be Geno/Banjo.
At this point I'm just excited to see the new CG trailer whoever it may be.

Also hopefully a Dixie echo reveal.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I figure I'd post my smash predictions here just in case I get incredibly lucky and guess correctly. Also that won't happen because it's heavily biased

I believe a Rhythm Heaven rep, Bandana Dee, and Isabelle are being revealed tomorrow. I think this direct will have the non ballot (relevant) choices, so that's why I went with Rhythm Heaven. It could also be Elma or the next Pokemon, but as I said, I'm biased. I would've put Skull Kid, as he has the chairs and the room hint applied for the very next direct last time, so this is is best shot. I chose Bandana Dee instead because, while a popular pick, I just see him happening now. Isaac's less popular, but only really geared towards smash fans. I'd bet a lot more people watching a general direct would know Bandana Dee. Skull Kid could just as easily happen, but I'm still iffy on his chances. I would say it's really between those two. There's always a chance the chair evidence was all a coincidence, so I'm hesitant to put him in my predictions. I wouldn't be surprised if he happens tomorrow though. Finally, I went with Isabelle because I believe we are getting the reveal of the next animal crossing tomorrow. It would be the perfect game to talk about online with. She'll also likely be an echo, so she could just be announced casually during Animal Crossing's segment.
I'm absolutely certain they're not gonna announce three new characters in a general Direct.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
With Gen 7 coming to a close, you'd think we'd have a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game that incorporates the new Pokemon by now. If they wait until Gen 8 to make one, we won't be seeing a new PMD installment for a while.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
CHOO CHOO!!
It's that time once again ladies and gentleman!
Nintendo Direct predictions:
-Smash news.
-Splatoon 2.
-New Dream Friends DLC for Kirby.
-Yoshi Switch.
-New Indies(Of course).
-New third parties.
-Something no-one is expecting.
-Metroid Prime 4.
-Animal Crossing.
BTW this either Sora, Tails and Shadow, Infernape or Adeleine & Ribbon get revealed for Smash Ultimate today, I'm chugging a bottle of hot sauce. You heard it here folks.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
God, there's just so much I want to see... I cant even put it all together right now.

D

Deleted member

Boy here we go. Hopefully my internet doesn't die during this.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'm ready for anything!

Only 30 seconds to go!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
NOW THATS A HELL OF A WAY TO OPEN A DIRECT! LUIGI'S MANSION 3!

Top Bottom