• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Announces SNES Classic, 21 Game Lineup

Nerds and nostalgia fanboys regoice! Nintendo today announced a price and release date via Twitter for their long rumored item Super Nintendo Classic. The console will be out on September 29 for $80 and will include 21 games, which will include the previously unreleased Star Fox 2.

The fascinating lineup will includes classics such as, Earthbound, Final Fantasy III, Link to the Past, and Secret of Mana.

21 Game Lineup That the Super Nintendo Classic Will Have:
  • Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-ZERO
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Yoshi’s Island

Star Fox 2, a stand out in the lineup, is full sequel to the original Star Fox that was completed but was later canceled due to legal reasons.

Featuring one of the greatest libraries of all time and coming off the heels of the NES Classic, the SNES Classic will no doubt sell extremely well and extremely quick. Keep your eyes on Nintendo Wire for more info as we come closer to its September 29th release later this year!

Last edited:
Josh Olalde

Comments

Well, Starfox 2 was completed but simply never sold. I wonder if they could give us he game's lore too...

Oh and I see you, Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting. :4ryu:

Super excited to see Star Fox 2 be officially released to the public. Curious to see if it'll be canon to any future Star Fox installments.

> regoice

Now that's an interesting typo.

Hyped for Star Fox 2. Let's hope there's less of a stock issue this time.

I feel like a couple SNES titles got the cold shoulder. DKC2 and DKC3 are nowhere to be found, and it would've been nice to bring back Super Mario All-Stars as well.

I feel like a couple SNES titles got the cold shoulder. DKC2 and DKC3 are nowhere to be found, and it would've been nice to bring back Super Mario All-Stars as well.
Agreed. The lack of DKC2 and DKC3 is baffling.

I still think that given a choice between a second controller or 9 more SNES games, I would have picked the 9 more games. At least I could buy a second controller.

Of all the Japanese exclusive SNES games, the one I want most is Panel de Pon... also known as Tetris Attack. I used to play Tetris Attack for hours when I was in middle school and high school. I wish Nintendo didn't have to make the games exclusive to different regions. It would have been amazing if Panel de Pon and Fire Emblem 3 were finally localized. "Panel de Pon" could be called "Puzzle League" and it could have been Lip's official debut in the West.

I will never understand why NoA to this day refuses to port any original versions of PdP/Puzzle League with Lip/Furil in it to the states. from what I gathered the only reason why they did so in the first place was due to trash talk from SEGA back in the day calling the SNES a girly system...which I think no longer stands decades later I would think.

freaking STAR FOX 2 though..holy crap. I know that with stuff like Lost Levels or Murasame Castle we got previously Japan-onl games being released, but I think this is the first case of Nintendo straight up releasing an unreleased game from decades ago like this.

They add stuff like Dinosaur Planet to the eShop and I'm gonna lose my mind.

Nerds and nostalgia fanboys regoice! Nintendo today announced a price and release date via Twitter for their long rumored item Super Nintendo Classic. The console will be out on September 29 for $80 and will include 21 games, which will include the previously unreleased Star Fox 2.

The fascinating lineup will includes classics such as, Earthbound, Final Fantasy III, Link to the Past, and Secret of Mana.

21 Game Lineup That the Super Nintendo Classic Will Have:
  • Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-ZERO
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Yoshi’s Island

Star Fox 2, a stand out in the lineup, is full sequel to the original Star Fox that was completed but was later canceled due to legal reasons.

Featuring one of the greatest libraries of all time and coming off the heels of the NES Classic, the SNES Classic will no doubt sell extremely well and extremely quick. Keep your eyes on Nintendo Wire for more info as we come closer to its September 29th release later this year!
Sick! too bad people will buy 30 at a time and I probably won't get one :/

Top Bottom