• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS Touch Screen: Fingers allowed?

Crimnonin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gettinjiggy
3DS FC
0920-0728-2546
So I recently got The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time 3D. Right off the bat, something felt off about this game. In order to access the map, gear items, view, and Navi buttons, you have to press buttons on the touch screen. They don't give me the option to press the D-Pad, or any other buttons to access these menus. Pressing Start and Select, for some inconceivable reason, both bring up the save menu only.

Well, long story short, the position of some of these buttons makes it seem like I'm supposed to use my thumb to press them. I almost always have used my stylus to play DS or 3DS games, and I have never ran into a game that almost encourages me to touch the screen with my fingers. Am I supposed to be doing this? Or am I better off using the slow method of taking out my stylus whenever I want to bring up a menu in this game?

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
If it's within a relatively easy reach, I tend to just use a finger.

I also tend to cradle my stylus between my right index and middle fingers for the sake of convenience/not having to put it away and get it back out every X minutes.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Pretty sure I used my finger for OoT, well more like my fingernail since I personally don't like rubbing my grubby fingers on the screens.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
The only 3DS game that I really use my stylus for is Uprising.
Just about every other game (OOT 3D, Awakening, New Leaf, etc etc) that utilizes the touch screen, my fingers are the stylus.
Well, I guess with those games, the use of touch screen isn't the main style of play...

Top Bottom