• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NIL from Ledge, which stages does it work on?

Scruffy_Scoundrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scruffy_Avenger
3DS FC
1805-3603-6917
I was practicing ledgedashes when I flubbed and found out Falco had a NIL (No Impact Landing) from the ledge to the side platform of Battlefield.

So I was wondering, in addition to Yoshi's Story and Battlefield what stages allow Falco to receive a NIL from the ledge?

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I've known about BF and YS, but IDK about any of the other stages. Personally, I don't think that platform NILs are nearly as useful as WLing to plats, which he can actually even do with the side plats on DL. I will admit it's hard, but it's cool.

Scruffy_Scoundrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scruffy_Avenger
3DS FC
1805-3603-6917
It depends on what you need it for wavelands have a bit of lag at the end afaik where as NIL do not, if one needs to get from the ledge to a platform and start fighting again as quick as possible it'd be the better choice.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
The way that I think of this situation is that it's about staying unpredictable. You can land (NIL or not, it's like 4 frames lag if you just land) and just shield, or you could WL forwards and cover a very significant portion of the plat with one movement or your can WL back and confuse them with movement. If they're not punishing one of the options, just keep doing it till they start punishing it. If I record a set against my brother any time soon, then you'll see a lot of WLs forwards on the BF and YS side plats because he's not used to covering the option from me yet.

J⩓мє

Smash Apprentice
Since Falco's predominant movement (in neutral) weakness is his x-axis mobility (compared to others), and since wavelands and wavedashes greatly make up for that deficiency waveland movement tech is likely better than NIL tech for falco specifically, were the two to be pitted against one another as exclusive options.

However, stuff like invincible ledgehop->NIL->(grab/shine/dsmash/fall-through dair/bair/etc) as an optimized option would be insanely hype, so using no-impact landings to gain frame advantages and fall-through options vs regular landings and wavelands, on top of being able to use wavelands as a movement option, I think would be terrifying if added to your option spread.

Also, I might be wrong, but falco's ECB might be in a perfect position to perfect-waveland (full X-direction) on plat if you can NIL like that, which would also be a really good movement option.

Top Bottom