• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NiGHTS: Into The Dreams

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Since my last thread was a bit broad, I decided to narrow it down a bit. What are your ideas about NIGHTS being in SSBB? I think he would be a great addition from the SEGA Franchise if in fact Sonic is featured in the game. (Of Course He Will Be!) My only doubt for this is that Nights hasn’t made his triumphant return to the gaming industry yet. However, if a Japanese gaming mag is correct, the sequel to NiGHTS will be exclusive to the Wii. Please, no spamming.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be a great idea to put Nights into SSBB. Aside from nostalgic value, Nights should be included to promote any future Nights game to come.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
I think he would be an interesting add to the SSBB cast of characters. For one thing, he floats, and does not touch the ground at all. As one of SEGA most prized characters, I think that he would have a very unique moveset, something that truly defines him!

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Wasn't Roy just a Advertising Character in Super Smash Bros. Melee?

I think he was, for the new game Fire Emblem 6 or something.

So if Nights makes it into this game(which I think Is a better choice than that lame Sonic) then this might actually bring out some more sequels. Also it will widen his Fan base.

I didn't know who Ness was until Super Smash Bros. for the N64. Know I'm a big Earthbound Fan.

So maybe this could work(No sonic please)

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Lemon Drop said:
Wasn't Roy just a Advertising Character in Super Smash Bros. Melee?

I think he was, for the new game Fire Emblem 6 or something.

So if Nights makes it into this game(which I think Is a better choice than that lame Sonic) then this might actually bring out some more sequels. Also it will widen his Fan base.

I didn't know who Ness was until Super Smash Bros. for the N64. Know I'm a big Earthbound Fan.

So maybe this could work(No sonic please)
I would love to see NiGHTS, but there is no way SEGA will include him before Sonic. I think that by now, Sonic is a given. For one thing, Nintendo has very good relations with IGN, (after all, this is who Nintendo revealed SSBB to exclusively.) According to IGN poles, Sonic and Tails are the most wanted characters for SBB. I'm thinking that we will see at least 3 characters from the SEGA franchise: Sonic of course (most likely with an alternate Shadow costume); Tails; and hopefully NiGHTS.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
i'm pretty sure nights is a female, by the way.

if it's going to be any sega characters in brawl, it's gonna be sonic before anyone.
then tails...
and i really doubt nintendo will add THREE sega characters at the same time.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Antioch said:
i'm pretty sure nights is a female, by the way.

if it's going to be any sega characters in brawl, it's gonna be sonic before anyone.
then tails...
and i really doubt nintendo will add THREE sega characters at the same time.
I totally agree with you Antioch, I'm not getting my hopes up about NiGHTS being an initial launch character, however I will keep my fingers crossed for him being a downloadable character when the sequel is released. Oh, NiGHTS (a nightmaren) is actually unisexual, but the series portrays him as a boy, this is also apparent in the comic series. I know this because he is my favorite all-time videogame character next to Sonic! ~~sad isn’t it. LOL

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Don't classify NiGHTS as one person, or "he" either. There were two playable characters in the Sega Saturn game, "NiGHTS into Dreams", a male, who wore purple/pink/blue and the girl, who I vaguely remember, but had shades of pinks and red if I recall.

I assume they both have real names.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Kereokacola said:
Don't classify NiGHTS as one person, or "he" either. There were two playable characters in the Sega Saturn game, "NiGHTS into Dreams", a male, who wore purple/pink/blue and the girl, who I vaguely remember, but had shades of pinks and red if I recall.

I assume they both have real names.
Actually, I am referring to the nightmaran, and HIS name is Nights. Nights archrival’s name is Reala who is also portrayed in the comics as a male. The two playable characters who you are referring to are Elliot and Claris, who are both humans. Wikipedia offers an excellent wealth of information if you’re interested in learning more about the game. LOL, the only reason that I know so much about the game myself is because I’ve beaten it nearly thirty times since its initial release in 1996!

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Master_Sheik said:
I think he would be an interesting add to the SSBB cast of characters. For one thing, he floats, and does not touch the ground at all. As one of SEGA most prized characters, I think that he would have a very unique moveset, something that truly defines him!
Mewtwo does too. :) And we all know Mewtwo sucks. :(

Nights is awesome, and I hope the character(s) is in brawl, but let's not get our hopes up (as with every other **** character we've mentioned) because it's just going to take away the Brawl experience as our expectations will not be met.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
nomis said:
Mewtwo does too. :) And we all know Mewtwo sucks. :(

Nights is awesome, and I hope the character(s) is in brawl, but let's not get our hopes up (as with every other **** character we've mentioned) because it's just going to take away the Brawl experience as our expectations will not be met.
LOL Nomis, I think that you're only capable of spewing forth words of wisdom. Once again, well stated!

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Thanks for clarifying that for me. It's been ages since I played the game, I just recall a male and female character.

Well, would you rather have "NiGHTS" than Elliot or Claris?

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
No problem Kereokacola, I'm sure that you’re sharp as tack when it come to Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. That is another one of my all time favorite games from Nintendo. I think it deserves a true sequel, Paper Mario simply did not live up to my expectations; but who knows, now that SquareEnix is on good terms with Nintendo again, we might see one in the not-so-near future. Anyway, I would definitely prefer to see Nights, as he is who SEGA is constantly teasing us with in all of the recent Sonic Games. In my opinion, Nights was the star…Claris and Elliot were simply pawns, LOL!

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I also enjoyed the game's atmosphere and music. The characters, scenery and the tunes for the game(s) would be a great addition to Brawl. I'm hoping for it.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
The atmosphere and it being for SEGA are the two best reasons why NIGHTS is such a good game. And, no, I'm not a SEGA fanboy... just a fan of gaming companies that employ good gameplay.

I would love to see both of the characters, Claris and Elliot, in SSBB.

BTW, thanks for the compliment.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
The only thing that NiGHTS would have in common with mewtwo is floatiness. His/her/its (there, everyones happy) moveset could certainly be unique, what with all those extravagant arial acrobatics.

Sonic has fisrt dibs though, and most people don't know NiGHTS beyond all the sonic camoes. I guess it isn't impossible, but I'm not counting on it.

At least we can dream.

Starmanclock

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fangzthewolf
I would love Knights on Brawl, but he doesn't currently fit the requirements, he did appear on the Gamecube, but it was as a cameo. :(

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
This is true, however with game being so much closer to launch, I just can't see Nights making the cut, but the word is that there is a sequal in works designed from the ground up for the Wii, so who knows. Right now, all I'm (almost) sure of is that

a.) Snake
b.) Sonic
c.) Megaman (PLEASE!!!!)

will be in this game, I doubt Nintendo is going to put more than 3 non-nintendo characters on the game though :(

Top Bottom