• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFreak's Build 2.0: Updated for 3.6 Full! [Homebrew only]

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Figured I'd post a quick status update. It's a little tricky to find the time to work on this now between work and practice, but I'm slowly getting there and hope to have the next release by next weekend. When 3.6 drops, I'll try to make the changes necessary within 3 days or so.

Mega pack progress: About 50%. All character skins have been added, though some updates need to be applied. Slowly adding in the icons and portraits. Need to fix a crash, I didn't realize sc_selcharacter.pac still has a small file size limit like common5 does so I need to re-encode most of the portraits. Tedious, but doable.

Other stuff: I want to add a few more tracks to Castle Siege and replace one or two on Distant Planet. I also plan on swapping out the main stages and alts for non-legal stages that have competitive alts, i.e. Port Town and Shadow Moses. I also want to swap the main/alts for Battlefield and Norfair (Melee Battlefield is so much better and Metroid Lab is easier on the eyes than Norfair). This will require making new icons and such of course. Finally, I'll be replacing my modified Metroid Lab with the one from the Netplay build (guaranteed to be legal, I'm unsure on mine right now though it should be) and I still need to do some testing to make sure the Smashville alt is legal after my changes; if not, I'll be replacing it, likely with the minimized ocean one from the netplay build.

I also just noticed the music pack is broken in regards to Pokemon Stadium 2, since I forgot to include the stage swap stuff. This will be fixed when 3.6 gets out of beta, since the PMDT is fixing the issue anyway.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Last update before the next release. Lots of stuff came up so I've been pretty busy, I'll try to get this done throughout the week though.

3.6b clearly doesn't work properly with expanded costumes, so as of now the Mega Pack is going on the backburner. I will be putting together a version of the Full Pack with the Smash 3 textures applied and the Next Mission ZSS pack, but it won't have expanded costume slots. If the codes are ever updated (post 3.6 release, not for beta), then I'll likely put out a pack with expanded slots, but until then, it's not happening. Too many weird issues, and I'm not satisfied with putting out an unpolished release (stock icons are still bugged, some costumes still crash despite having everything in place, it's not worth the effort).

This week's update will also include the previously mentioned stage changes as well. Music has been left unchanged, I decided against adding the netplay build tracks I was curious about. The official Toon Link patch has also been applied to all packs as a convenience, including the music/stages patches.

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
Is your ASRL code set uniform?

I already love your build, but I do want to change some things and want to know if you have it set for all stages to load different modules.

Most alts can use the same module but I'm just wanting to make sure.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Is your ASRL code set uniform?

I already love your build, but I do want to change some things and want to know if you have it set for all stages to load different modules.

Most alts can use the same module but I'm just wanting to make sure.
I'm just using the one that comes standard with 3.6b. I can't say much for stages I didn't modify, but most stages are set to load both stage and module with L. I'd recommend double checking with the tool just to be safe if you run into any issues.

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Hey man :) I'm making a new stage texture collection thread for 3.6B. Could you maybe post the Greenville + Metroid Lab stage you updated to the vault?
Keep up the good work :)

PsychoGhost

Smash Apprentice
Hey man :) I'm making a new stage texture collection thread for 3.6B. Could you maybe post the Greenville + Metroid Lab stage you updated to the vault?
As far as I know, the only thing that needed updating on Metroid Lab was the camera's STPM file, which, when opened in BrawlBox, you can export and replace on other stages. For Gardenville, it's just the Coll file for collisions. Export 3.6b's defualt Coll file and replace the desired Smashville stage's Coll file.

Hope this helps!

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Metroid Lab is included in the netplay build. My Gardenville wasn't updated properly, but you can find an updated version on Brawl Vault. Site's not loading for me right now, but it's one of the most recent Smashville uploads.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
And the Smash 3 Full Pack update is ready! Currently only the Full Pack has been updated; the rest will not be updated until 3.6 comes out of beta, just because of the sheer amount of work it really is to make individual packs from this. Sorry to anyone using other versions, this is the most downloaded version though and the definitive pack.

Aside from applying Smash 3 and 3C textures to every character and costume possible (plus the Next Mission Pack for ZSS), this update includes a bunch of other changes:

- Gardenville replaced with Beachville, animations updated to be tourney legal
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)'s alt replaced with Yoshi's New Island
- WarioWare now features Jimmy T instead of Ashley
- Many stages have had their alts and main stages flipped around: Bowser's Castle, Battlefield, New Pork/Fourside, Big Blue, Spear Pillar, Shadow Moses, Miiverse/Pictochat, Skyloft/Temple
- Hazardless Halberd and Calm Pirate Ship replace the original stages (original Pirate Ship from Brawl is now an alt)
- Random stage select icons updated (I've yet to figure out how to change names, mostly because I didn't realize I forgot to change them; this will be changed with 3.6 full)
- Rainbow FD updated for 3.6b legality
- There's an extra alt for one stage as an easter egg, let's see who the first to dig around in the files and find it is
- A couple music tracks changed on Miiverse/Pictochat (Smash 4 Mii Channel and Wii Shop Channel themes)
- New CSPs and BPs for every character, including those without Smash 3 costumes
- Stock icons updated for some characters, particularly Melee Falco
- Classic mode Master Hand stage changed to Melee/PM FD

This will either be uploaded tonight or while I'm at work tomorrow.

Known issues and future plans:
- Inconsistency with CSPs: some alt costumes have new poses, others use the same pose. I don't know how render my own CSPs unfortunately, so unless the Smash 3/3C projects do something about this, it's out of my hands.
- CBliss is still broken. If it does get fixed, I'll add more costumes to most characters, particular those whose alts don't have team colors yet, such as Falcon and Meta Knight. I was working on this previously but gave up because of the stock icon issue and some crashes. If it gets updated for 3.6, this build will be updated as well.
- I've yet to even start on an updated competitive CSS. With Blacklisted this weekend, I won't have time until next week, but it'll come eventually, likely before 3.6.

Edit: Posting from my phone so no fancy graphics yet but here it is
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_nF2aK5hs13VURVWmk2eTIta0k/view?usp=docslist_api

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I saw, I'm working on updating everything now.

EDIT: The update will be out for the Full Pack later today. Put everything together, I just need to test it now. Currently, it doesn't include Smash 3 textures for Dr. Mario, Concept Meta Knight, Mewtwo, or Mario Kart ROB, as these costumes all had some model updates and such in 3.6 full. Once these are updated in the Smash 3C thread, the downloads here will be updated, but I won't be putting out a patch; the graphics for these costumes are all still in place, so all you'll need are the fighter files from the Smash 3C downloads.

I'll put it out as soon as it's done, then update the documentation and start work on splitting up the pack.

Last edited:

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
Nfreak, you work so fast. I'm glad to have settled on your build.

But why does anyone like Fourside? I always replace it with Osohe Castle. The Mother 3 songs match it better.

I wonder if the stage dependant song loader can work for alt stages? To me it doesn't feel right to play on the old stages if there's different music playing. Anyway, I'm rambling at you. Fantastic work!

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Nfreak, you work so fast. I'm glad to have settled on your build.

But why does anyone like Fourside? I always replace it with Osohe Castle. The Mother 3 songs match it better.

I wonder if the stage dependant song loader can work for alt stages? To me it doesn't feel right to play on the old stages if there's different music playing. Anyway, I'm rambling at you. Fantastic work!
I wish there was a reliable code for the music, it would be a lot more interesting for sure. It became tricky to decide where to put certain tracks I liked and still have them fit with both stages on the slot (I still don't like having the pokemon anime theme on the Kalos League alt for Saffron for example, but it works so perfectly on Saffron).

I didn't want to remove any stages from PM aside from the crap Brawl stages they brought back as alts, like original Norfair, which is why Fourside is still in. I don't really like the stage either, but there are some that do, so I opted to leave it in.

PolarisWizard

Smash Rookie
I want to say that I appreciate this build first of all. The ability to have more stages to play with is great for me and my group of friends. As well, the music choices are well fitting and only add to the build.

I want to say though that PM keeps freezing when I choose the alt. ver of Flat Zone 2 and Jungle Japes.Every other stage works fine but I'm at a halt with these two stages. I really don't know why.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I want to say that I appreciate this build first of all. The ability to have more stages to play with is great for me and my group of friends. As well, the music choices are well fitting and only add to the build.

I want to say though that PM keeps freezing when I choose the alt. ver of Flat Zone 2 and Jungle Japes.Every other stage works fine but I'm at a halt with these two stages. I really don't know why.
I'll double check these two. They worked previously, might be an issue with the full version of 3.6.

EDIT: I honestly have no idea what's wrong with Flat Zone 2, but I found the issue with Jungle Japes, I forgot to make the code take an alt module file. Here's a replacement code, it'll be fixed in the main download later: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_nF2aK5hs13OGZxeW9Ya1lXQVU/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

PolarisWizard

Smash Rookie

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
How could I modify the css back to default?

It's really nice, but it bothers me and the others in my scene that there aren't names on the character boxes.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
If I were use some of the songs for another build (I'll credit), did you make adjustments to the song codes? Would I be able to just transfer them over and they'll probably not freak out? :yeahboi:
The codes only adjust the volume on the particular slots, and that's all in the GCT. The BRSTM files will work as is with any other build. No need to credit, I lost track of which files I made myself since I don't really work on this any more anyway.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I don't play PM any more so I won't be doing any more work with this build, sorry. It should be dolphin-compatible though through the same steps as setting up the base game.

Top Bottom