• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL Coaching Situations.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Now I have seen that the Falcons have hired Bobby Pattrino and the Cardinals just hired the Steelers old offensive coordinator. But what's next for the Raiders, Steelers and the Dolphins? The Raiders hired Art Shell because they thought that he could bring them back to the glory days and that didn't last long now did it? Is there anyone who really wants to coach the Raiders right now? Al Davis doesn't give the coaches any authority and so the I think that the Raiders are pretty well screwed. The Steelers had Bill Cowher who had coached them for about 16 years and then he decided it was time to call it quits so who is going to be suitable for the Steelers? The need somebody who is into the physical play because that is their play style. Now the Dolphins just lost Nick Saban who after vowing that he wouldn't coach Alabama goes and does so so the Dolphins are probably in the best position of the three. They have interviewed several people and the good thing about it is they can get a good offensive coach now who can help them with what they need, offense. Jim Mora jr., Chan Gailey, Cam Cameron and Pete Carroll have all had interviews with the Phins and so have many oters such as Mike Martz, the Dolphins have announced that they have 3 candidates left and they haven't announced to the press who they are though. I sure hope my beloved Dolphins get a good coach.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
My guess is that the Dolphins get Mike Martz. Like you said, the Phins need offense. Martz is probably the best offensive coordinator in the NFL, since he used to coach the Rams (my team), who are well known for their amazing offense. Martz can bring that and more to the Dolphins organization.

Your guess for the Steelers and Cardinals is as good as mine. I don't think Pete Carroll will leave Usc for a long time to come, though.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Well it wasn't really an interview it was more just Wayne Huizenga just trying to persuade Pete Carrol to consider the job. The Cardinals by the way have a coach he was the Steelers offensive coordinator. Hopefully my Dolphins end up getting Jim Mora Jr. or Mike Martz because I just want a good offensive coach. I want Mora more though because he likes to stick with the run and his offensive scheme is the kind I like.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
I don't care much for Mike Martz but, if he gets the job done I wouldn't mind him being hired but he wouldn't be my first choice. The Dolphins have recently had an interviewwith Don Shula's son Mike Shula and I think I'd be okay with him.
The candidates for the Phins right now are Mike Shula, Jim Mora Jr, Dom Capers, Cam Cameron and Chan Gailey is what it seems like based on the recent reports I've heard.

Peeze

Smash Master
Well, I just hope our coach(Brad Childress Vikings) can get it together, all the assistant coaches, and players have been complaining about his coaching style and his lack of communication with the players.
Maybe next season will be better.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Not one reference to Bill Parcells? The Cowboys are basically the only team without a plan for the future. He still hasn't decided if he is coming back, and doesn't have to until the beginning of next month.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Not one reference to Bill Parcells? The Cowboys are basically the only team without a plan for the future. He still hasn't decided if he is coming back, and doesn't have to until the beginning of next month.
Everybody was saying either he was going or T.O. was going...neither have done so yet. I say Bill Parcells should come back since his new QB Tony Romo has potential(other than not being able to hold the snap for PATs:laugh:)

The Dolphins have signed Cam Cameron the Chargers offensive coordinator and that means that they should have a better offense. Oh and apparently the Steelers are most likely signing Russ Grimm.
I guess that makes sense for the Dolphins to do that, they already have the Super Bowl run defense, but a not so impressive offense. As for the Steelers, I think it's a good choice because of the new coach's success with stopping the run wherever he was before.

Well, I just hope our coach(Brad Childress Vikings) can get it together, all the assistant coaches, and players have been complaining about his coaching style and his lack of communication with the players.
Maybe next season will be better.
I don't know what happened to the Vikings, they started out pretty strong with that win over the Redskins, but it all went downhill from there with their 50-year old QB Brad Johnson(who got benched) and slow offense. They ended the season getting run over by Steven Jackson too, it looks like they're in a rebuilding effort right now with their rookie QB Tarvaris Jackson.

Peeze

Smash Master
1.Parcells just retired.
2.The Steelers named Vikings Defensive Coordinator Mike Tomlin head coach.
3.That being said the only good part or our team(the defense) will now crumble with the departure of Tomlin and i project the Vikings to be 3-13 next season :urg:.

Peeze

Smash Master
Trust me defense is the least of our worries, we need an offene first.
Yeah well look who the raiders hired, a 31 year old college assistant coach, nobody wanted the job, about 3 or 4 candidates turned it down.

Top Bottom