• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFC4 in Omaha, Nebraska!

nrxia

Smash Rookie
Yo!

Calm down, nothing official here yet. Just wanted to discuss it with you guys first.

First and most importantly: When is a good date for you guys? We're kinda thinking late May or June. When does school get out and when does summer vacation time start?

What would you guys like to see at this tournament? How can NFC4 smash ever past NFC Smash tourney out of the water? How can we improve upon what we've already got?

I can bring my PS3 and I'm sure we could hook up some Wiis and Guitar Hero stations as well.

Also: Digz food. Do you like it? What kind of food specials would you like to see?

My ears are open! Drop me a line!

--yt

Echo

Smash Champion
guess I get the first post. Alright, well, as far as my suggestions go:

1. At your last Halo tournament I noticed how you would have 2 TVs set out on the side so that people can sit and watch the game without crowding around behind the players. I thought this was a really great Idea, and as I'm sure the halo tournament might just need it because of size, I think it would be a really great idea for the smash tourney, if even just for 1 setup. Say for bigger matches, semi-finals, finals, etc, be played on that setup so that people can sit and enjoy it, without getting in the way of the players.

2. Again regarding setups, I've always recommended using 1 setup among 2 TVs, again probably just for 1, for finals and whatnot. Its pretty simple, just using the 1 cube and everything, splitting it among 2 TVs. that way, say for the 2v2 tourney, each team gets their own TV. Its a really cool idea I've seen from bigger tournaments, and I think it'd be a sexy thing to apply here.

3. Advertise!! The more the merrier :p

Any date works for me, late May or June, whatever. As far as I know those months don't really have too much goin on, so the sooner the better! lol

As far as Digz food, all I've really tried was the mozzarella sticks, and those were pretty good. The pops good, too.....? lol I have no problem with it. I know some people just go out for McDonalds or something anyway cuz its cheap.

I think more of less the main thing to do to help this surpass other NFCs, is to just get more people. I mean it seems alot of people came for one NFC, but never come again, and I think we need to focus on keeping it fun and interesting throughout the event. Once someone gets eliminated, what do they do? sit around and watch? do nothing? thats not fun. We need to make sure we always have something going on, things like 2 TVs setup somewhere for friendly matches, or things of the sort. Make sure no one's falling asleep in boredom while they wait for the singles tourney.

Very excited though that you're lookin at hosting again, I look forward to it.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
may 19 sounds like a good date, i can't do it the last week of may due to me going down to arkansas to visit my pops or the first week of june.

also, i'd appreciate it if you guys didn't consider times like june 16 or 23, i'm most likely going to have another tourney on one of the two dates.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
how far would this be?
just quit job and thinking bout taking some time off before my next one so i'll be free
. . ()
U _(E)

Secks.

Smash Ace
Anytime is good. My only complaint is that next time don't force people to enter doubles. I didn't like wasting $ when I only wanted to do singles especially since my doubles parthner didnt come to Omaha with me. So I think you should make it optional. I was under the impression that you didn't need to enter doubles to play singles, but appearntly you guys through that out the door. Other than that the last NFC was good. I'm gonna make this, unless my car breaks down 3 days before the tournament like for Glenwood which pissed me off. Other than that, we are making this. I have to, or I'm gonna kill someone. >.<

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
Yeah just make the people happy and they will come, so if its extra tv's for friendlies in other games or the way the fees are gonna work just make the folks happy aight

Echo

Smash Champion
all i know is this better be soon... theres no tournies to go to =/

nrxia

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah, I've read each and every post. No worries, Gamers is out there. We're still working on the planning stage so far...

nrxia

Smash Rookie
My best estimate: sometime in June. I wanted to do May, but we got asked to host a Halo 2 tournament at a car show in May.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
eh, if your gonna do it in june your best bet would be to do on june 9th or june 30th, because my tourney is on june 23rd and the week before that is fathers day so you wouldn't probably get many people on fathers day.

i'd say june 9th or 30th.

Top Bottom