• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I've played Brawl Brothers myself years ago. Game was really fun.

But in this case, Lee Brothers over Brawl Brothers for Smash Brothers.
Lol yeah, I was only (half) joking about them getting into Smash. It’s sad to see what poor reception Rival Turf! got back in the day. We didn’t have a ton of money growing up so we could only rent video games from a drug store that had a very small selection for really cheap so I ended up renting the same games over and over. The five that really stuck out to me that I loved were Rival Turf!, Super Smash TV, Bubsy, Saturday Night Slam Masters, and WWF Royal Rumble. I sadly never played Final Fight, Streets of Rage, or River City Ransom as a kid and only played Double Dragon a few times at a friend’s house.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
After some time away from the computer (and additional time sleeping), I've went ahead and checked your guys' feedback over my prediction roster. Thank you to all who responded.

This is a pretty good prediction. There are some things I disagree with (the merging of the Belmont's, specifically Diskun), but also some underdogs I think have a really good shot (Iori and Kris). The one big issue I have is with the Gen 9 rep and Noah. While your arguments would make perfect sense if Smash 6 was releasing next year, it isn't. I think it's probably coming in 2025 at the absolute earliest, but more likely '26 or '27. This means that there's nothing stopping Noah from being in base, unless Xenoblade 4 is out and he gets Elma'd. Same thing for Scarlet/Violet, the series is terrifyingly consistent, I would bet money on Gen 10 in 2025 - which means a Scarlet/Violet rep is unlikely
Thank you for your feedback. You may have a point with Noah and Pokemon here, though my gut feeling says that design plans for the next game will probably be underway by 2024 or so. Though if we go long enough without any signs of a new Smash, I'll probably go ahead and switch Noah and the Pokemon placeholder, and revert Scarlet & Violet back to a generic Pokemon placeholder if Gen X is announced by then.

I like a lot of choices here. Zero would be awesome and Hyrule Warriors Impa is by far my favorite version of the character and one of my most wanted first party characters. Akira Howard is a great choice as well, I’d love to see Jena Anderson get in at some point along side them. Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite games ever and while I’d rather have Magus, Crono makes more sense. The Microsoft character could potentially be one of my most wanted characters if they go with the Battletoads, a Killer Instinct character, or someone from StarCraft or WarCraft (ideally Kerrigan or Illidan). I’m loving Metroid Dread so far. My personal choice for a character would be EMMI but Raven Beak is a lot more logical so I’d be totally fine either way. I haven’t beaten the game yet so I skipped the description of Raven Beak to avoid spoilers.
I'm glad you like most of my choices here! For the Microsoft slots, I feel that right now, it'll be a deadheat between Doomguy, Chief and possibly Crash, but I could imagine that at least one of the characters that you mentioned here could get non-fighter content in Smash 6. If the Battletoads got in, I'd imagine they'd pull a Terry and add Killer Instinct content due to Rash being a character in the 2013 installment, the same way that I predict Ryu Hayabusa will bring in some Dead or Alive content. And again, I do hope you're able to finish Dread soon, both since the ending's great and because I really do want you to be able to read my full case for Raven Beak sometime.

Can't help but notice there are no fan-favorite first-party characters other than the revived IP possibly being Isaac. For DLC that might check out, but for the entire selection of newcomers, that seems unlikely.
I thought I covered some decent bases regarding that? Octolings are popular in the Splatoon fanbase and were one of the most requested clones/echoes from what I saw. I put in Funky as an Echo since he's an easy fan-favorite DK series character to add that way. Impa was added specifically because I wanted to put in a Zelda character who wasn't one of the Triforce trio, which is pretty much what every Zelda fan has been wanting since Brawl. Raven Beak was added because from what I saw, he was pretty popular with Metroid fans when Dread came out.
Admittedly, I feel that whether others like it or not, Ultimate has shifted the fan-favorites game more towards third-parties, especially as it becomes harder and harder to find first-party characters that a lot of people both recognize and love, or otherwise represent something important in Nintendo's legacy. The third-party characters I picked for the base game were mainly choices that I still felt had good overlap with Nintendo fans, either being present on virtually every major Nintendo platform created (Bomberman and Arle), or at least having some of their most important titles debut on Nintendo platforms (Ryu Hayabusa and Zero). Iori's really the only odd one out here, but that's mainly because I feel like it'd be hard to justify him as DLC since Terry already has so much SNK content that it'd be hard to include a similar amount for him.
I can probably list some "fan-favorite" characters and why they likely didn't make the cut here, but I want to know first who you think in particular is missing from my roster.

you think being the most popular pokemon isnt reason enough to kept in the base game?
That's a fair point, but I have to bring up Mewtwo not being prioritized over Lucario during Smash 4's development despite Mewtwo being arguably more popular in the Pokemon fanbase. I would've made Incineroar take the DLC spot, but I imagine that his wrestling moveset being more unique and Su/Mo being relatively more recent would make the devs want to prioritize his return more.

If anyone else wants to comment on my prediction roster I posted a couple of pages ago, feel free. I appreciate any and all feedback and discussion here.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's a fair point, but I have to bring up Mewtwo not being prioritized over Lucario during Smash 4's development despite Mewtwo being arguably more popular in the Pokemon fanbase. I would've made Incineroar take the DLC spot, but I imagine that his wrestling moveset being more unique and Su/Mo being relatively more recent would make the devs want to prioritize his return more.

If anyone else wants to comment on my prediction roster I posted a couple of pages ago, feel free. I appreciate any and all feedback and discussion here.
surely the very reasons you apply to greninja apply to inceneroar as well only he doesnt have the popularity thing hes not even the most popular gen 7 starter

Gengar84

Smash Hero
After some time away from the computer (and additional time sleeping), I've went ahead and checked your guys' feedback over my prediction roster. Thank you to all who responded.

Thank you for your feedback. You may have a point with Noah and Pokemon here, though my gut feeling says that design plans for the next game will probably be underway by 2024 or so. Though if we go long enough without any signs of a new Smash, I'll probably go ahead and switch Noah and the Pokemon placeholder, and revert Scarlet & Violet back to a generic Pokemon placeholder if Gen X is announced by then.

I'm glad you like most of my choices here! For the Microsoft slots, I feel that right now, it'll be a deadheat between Doomguy, Chief and possibly Crash, but I could imagine that at least one of the characters that you mentioned here could get non-fighter content in Smash 6. If the Battletoads got in, I'd imagine they'd pull a Terry and add Killer Instinct content due to Rash being a character in the 2013 installment, the same way that I predict Ryu Hayabusa will bring in some Dead or Alive content. And again, I do hope you're able to finish Dread soon, both since the ending's great and because I really do want you to be able to read my full case for Raven Beak sometime.

I thought I covered some decent bases regarding that? Octolings are popular in the Splatoon fanbase and were one of the most requested clones/echoes from what I saw. I put in Funky as an Echo since he's an easy fan-favorite DK series character to add that way. Impa was added specifically because I wanted to put in a Zelda character who wasn't one of the Triforce trio, which is pretty much what every Zelda fan has been wanting since Brawl. Raven Beak was added because from what I saw, he was pretty popular with Metroid fans when Dread came out.
Admittedly, I feel that whether others like it or not, Ultimate has shifted the fan-favorites game more towards third-parties, especially as it becomes harder and harder to find first-party characters that a lot of people both recognize and love, or otherwise represent something important in Nintendo's legacy. The third-party characters I picked for the base game were mainly choices that I still felt had good overlap with Nintendo fans, either being present on virtually every major Nintendo platform created (Bomberman and Arle), or at least having some of their most important titles debut on Nintendo platforms (Ryu Hayabusa and Zero). Iori's really the only odd one out here, but that's mainly because I feel like it'd be hard to justify him as DLC since Terry already has so much SNK content that it'd be hard to include a similar amount for him.
I can probably list some "fan-favorite" characters and why they likely didn't make the cut here, but I want to know first who you think in particular is missing from my roster.

I think I’m making good progress on Metroid Dread but I’m generally bad at video games so it might take me a while lol. Here’s my current progress so far (spoilers for people that haven’t played it yet):
I just got the Gravity suit and got stuck on the boss right after that. I tried about 10-15 times to beat it but it was killing my hands. I was pretty proud that I was able to get as far as I did by myself but I had my friend, who is better at games, beat that boss for me. I haven’t played since but I have a vacation coming up next week and I’ll see how far I can get before I get stuck again lol.

Last edited:

Yamat08

Smash Journeyman
I think it was Sonic Adventure 1, which was when Sega of Japan started to take more control of the IP in the west, rather than letting SoA do it's own thing. I think the current canon is that his real name is Doctor Ivo Robotnick and that Eggman is a nickname, which seems like a fair compromise (I know that's what the first movie did, anyways).

I'm a fair bit younger than Sonic Adventure 1, so he's always been Eggman to me (unless I'm watching the old cartoon or something, which I did as a kid). I also think I prefer Eggman, Robotnik is a bit too serious for a pretty goofy character like him. It's like how Peach used to be "Princess Toadstool", it's completely bizarre to me.
He was still being called "Robotnik" in the English version of the first Sonic Adventure, though they also started to phase in Eggman more frequently as a nickname, before going on to call him Eggman full-time starting with Sonic Adventure 2. Incidentally, at the same time they were doing this, they also began integrating the "Robotnik" name into the Japanese version. It doesn't come up as often, though it is most apparent in Sonic Adventure 2, where he refers to his grandfather as "Gerald Robotnik" in both versions (if you have the game, you can actually check this for yourself; the Adventure games, and really most of the 3D Sonic titles, have dual-audio options).

there’s a few characters like that I find, Lara seems to come up every now and then. The ones I wonder why they don’t come up is the sims and lemmings

although at a guess I’d say EA is the problem with the former and the latter has internal competition
Didn't Lemmings get bought by Sony at some point?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
He was still being called "Robotnik" in the English version of the first Sonic Adventure, though they also started to phase in Eggman more frequently as a nickname, before going on to call him Eggman full-time starting with Sonic Adventure 2. Incidentally, at the same time they were doing this, they also began integrating the "Robotnik" name into the Japanese version. It doesn't come up as often, though it is most apparent in Sonic Adventure 2, where he refers to his grandfather as "Gerald Robotnik" in both versions (if you have the game, you can actually check this for yourself; the Adventure games, and really most of the 3D Sonic titles, have dual-audio options).

Didn't Lemmings get bought by Sony at some point?
I dunno. I just know it was made in Scotland

Yamat08

Smash Journeyman
I would've editted this into my previous post, but as a fun little aside, "Bowser" also seems to come up in the Japanese version of the Mario franchise from time to time (despite being called just "Koopa" over there). Japan even aired that Nintendo Direct scene of Doug Bowser interacting with Bowser (with a translator's footnote explaining the gag).

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
This is definitely confusing , why would they turn Byleth into the main villain ?
FWIW, some new info was released about that: basically, Shez (the new protagonist) is an aspiring swordmaster who challanged Byleth one year prior to Three Houses... and was killed. However, a mysterious being named Arval (who reminds me of Edelgard's Hegemon form) revives them, leading them to meet the House Leaders while they're being chased by bandits.
Here’s some mildly interesting news:
Wait, I thought that was a Sony IP.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Alright, since at least someone enjoyed my Battletoads breakdown, I thought I'd share another again here. I've talked about this one before but I figured I might as well share my thoughts on the character again here. I realize that there is a lot of controversy at the moment with Activision/Blizzard, but if Microsoft is able to work out the company's internal issues, I think Kerrigan would be an amazing choice and is actually a strong contender for a spot in Smash.

Sarah Kerrigan
"I am the Swarm. Armies will be shattered. Worlds will burn. Now at last, on this world, vengeance shall be mine. For I am the Queen of Blades."

Sarah Kerrigan (PANSUP KIM).jpg

Artist: PANSUP KIM

Introduction

StarCraft is a science fiction real time franchise developed by Blizzard Entertainment. While the series is mostly known for being a PC game, the original game did release on the Nintendo 64 as StarCraft 64 in 2000. The franchise received a sequel in 2010 which spawned several expansions. It remains one of the most popular and influential games in its genre to this day.

StarCraft was a pioneer in E-Sports and was the first major game to popularize the field. Competitive gaming as a whole may not be where it is today if StarCraft had not had the impact it did back in the late 90's and early 00's. Even today, the community is still going strong and keeping the competitive scene alive. It is particularly popular in South Korea where competitive StarCraft players are seen as celebrities and even entire towns become known thanks to being the home of some of these players. I may personally not be into competitive gaming myself, but I really appreciate StarCraft's impact on gaming history. It and WarCraft were also a huge inspiration in the wildly popular League of Legends series which is taking the world by storm.

Who is Sarah Kerrigan?

Prior to her infestation, Sarah Kerrigan began as a psychic terran soldier known as a ghost operative. During a mission, Kerrigan was abandoned by her superior, Arcturus Mengsk, when things began to look bad and was left to die. Instead, Kerrigan became infested by an alien insectoid race known as the Zerg and became one of them. In time, Kerrigan rose to become the leader of the entire Zerg race and swore revenge on the one who betrayed her.

Why Kerrigan would be great for Smash

Kerrigan is an iconic character that would offer a lot to a game like Smash Bros. For one, she is both a female and a villain, two things which Smash is still lacking (but are definitely catching up with Ultimate). I believe Sarah Kerrigan is the best character to represent the RTS genre due to her ability to control the Zerg. RTS games are all about resource management and creating an army of units to crush the opponent's base. This is something I think Kerrigan can utilize in Smash. Starcraft also really meshes well with the Metroid universe and would make for some really cool interactions if there is any kind of story mode in future games if she returns.

Potential Moveset:
Special Traits / Other:
Kerrigan would be the first true summoner character in Smash. All of her special attacks other than Psionic Shift summon various Zerg units to aid her in battle. In order to balance this, I decided to incorporate an element of resource management similar to her home series.

Vespian Gas - As the battle goes on, Kerrigan builds up resources that she can spend to use all of her special attacks minus Psionic Shift (which doesn’t cost anything since it is her recovery move). Being a simple attack, Zergling Rush attack uses the least amount of gas while the Hydralisk/Defiler/Mutalisk uses the most. She initially starts with 0 Vespian Gas but builds it up gradually as the battle goes on. The way this works in Starcraft is you have units called Drones (for the Zerg at least) traveling to mining points and bringing back Minerals and Vespian Gas to your base which you use as a currency to construct buildings and units. To simplify things for Smash, I cut it down to just Vespian Gas. I think it would be a nice touch to represent this by have some Drones (pictured below) in the background gathering resources by moving around, similar to Pokemon Trainer. If Kerrigan tries to summon a Zerg without sufficient Vespian Gas, there will a be a disembodied voice of the Overmind stating "We require more Vespian Gas".

Drone (Luke Mancini).jpg

Weak Attacks:
A Combo – Chain Reaction
Kerrigan attacks with a flow of electricity. Like Megaman’s A combo, this is a projectile attack and deals no knockback. In multiplayer, the electricity can flow to other nearby enemies if they are close enough.

Forward Tilt – Kinetic Blast
A small short range explosion from her hand

Up Tilt – Razor Swarm
Kerrigan sends out several mini shockwaves diagonally upwards

Down Tilt
A low claw swipe

Running A
A running double claw swipe

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash - Ravage
Kerrigan lunges forward and stabs the opponent with her wings.

Up Smash
Kerrigan thrusts her wings upward and stabs above her

Down Smash – Impaling Blades
Kerrigan slams the ground causing spikes to rise from the ground on both sides

Specials:
Neutral B – Hydralisk /Defiler / Mutalisk (pictured from left to right)
Similar to Dedede’s original side B that summoned Waddle Dees, Kerrigan summons one of a variety of Zerg units that wander along the battlefield and attack opponents. The hydralisk is the most basic of these. They travel along the ground and attack any opponent nearby. The defiler doesn’t actively attack but instead inflicts various status effects on anyone that gets too close with a cloud of poisonous gas. Finally, the mutalisk flies through the air and attacks any airborne opponents in its range.

Hydralisk (Luke Mancini).jpg
Defiler (Luke Mancini).jpg
Mutalisk (Luke Mancini).jpg

Forward B (Grounded) – Zergling Rush (pictured on the left)
Kerrigan summons a pair of Zerglings to rise from the ground and charge forward for a bit before diving back into the ground.

Forward B (Aerial) – Scourge (pictured on the right)
If performed in the air, Kerrigan hatches a pair of Scourge who fly forward and explode into any opponent they touch.

Zergling (Luke Mancini).jpg
Scourge (Luke Mancini).jpg

Up B – Psionic Shift
Kerrigan surrounds herself in energy then dashes in the chosen direction, damaging anyone she touches

Down B - Lurker
Similar to Snake’s mine attack, Kerrigan summons a Lurker to burrow in the ground right next to her. Anyone who walks over this location is attacked with a rising spike attack for a short while. Like the Hydralisk, only one Lurker can be summoned at a time.

Lurker (Luke Mancini).jpg

Grabs:
Grab
Kerrigan impales the opponent with her wings

Pummel
Kerrigan grabs the opponent’s face and shocks it with energy

Forward Throw
Kerrigan kicks her opponent forward

Back Throw
A simple toss backward

Up Throw
Kerrigan throws her opponent upwards followed by a quick lightning attack

Down Throw
Kerrigan slams her opponent into the ground

Aerial Attacks:
Neutral A
Kerrigan surrounds herself with electric energy and attacks around her, much like Mewtwo

Forward A
A forward claw swipe

Back A
A backward thrust kick

Up A
A somersault kick

Down A – Quantum Ray
Shoots a beam of energy diagonally downward

Final Smash: Apocalypse
Kerrigan surrounds herself in a radius of energy. Any opponent that comes within range is struck by an explosion which triggers a cinematic cutscene. This scene mimics the final few seconds of the Betrayal on Kerrigan scene. After landing the initial strike, the opponent is transported to a ruined planet where he or she is surrounded by zergs on all sides. As they reach the target, the screen turns to black. It then returns to the normal battle screen and the opponent takes massive damage and knockback.

What music could Kerrigan bring?
There are lots of great options for songs but I particularly love all the Terran themes. Here are a few songs that I think would be amazing in Smash:

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Alright, since at least someone enjoyed my Battletoads breakdown, I thought I'd share another again here. I've talked about this one before but I figured I might as well share my thoughts on the character again here. I realize that there is a lot of controversy at the moment with Activision/Blizzard, but if Microsoft is able to work out the company's internal issues, I think Kerrigan would be an amazing choice and is actually a strong contender for a spot in Smash.

Sarah Kerrigan
"I am the Swarm. Armies will be shattered. Worlds will burn. Now at last, on this world, vengeance shall be mine. For I am the Queen of Blades."

Sarah Kerrigan (PANSUP KIM).jpg

Artist: PANSUP KIM

Introduction

StarCraft is a science fiction real time franchise developed by Blizzard Entertainment. While the series is mostly known for being a PC game, the original game did release on the Nintendo 64 as StarCraft 64 in 2000. The franchise received a sequel in 2010 which spawned several expansions. It remains one of the most popular and influential games in its genre to this day.

StarCraft was a pioneer in E-Sports and was the first major game to popularize the field. Competitive gaming as a whole may not be where it is today if StarCraft had not had the impact it did back in the late 90's and early 00's. Even today, the community is still going strong and keeping the competitive scene alive. It is particularly popular in South Korea where competitive StarCraft players are seen as celebrities and even entire towns become known thanks to being the home of some of these players. I may personally not be into competitive gaming myself, but I really appreciate StarCraft's impact on gaming history. It and WarCraft were also a huge inspiration in the wildly popular League of Legends series which is taking the world by storm.

Who is Sarah Kerrigan?

Prior to her infestation, Sarah Kerrigan began as a psychic terran soldier known as a ghost operative. During a mission, Kerrigan was abandoned by her superior, Arcturus Mengsk, when things began to look bad and was left to die. Instead, Kerrigan became infested by an alien insectoid race known as the Zerg and became one of them. In time, Kerrigan rose to become the leader of the entire Zerg race and swore revenge on the one who betrayed her.

Why Kerrigan would be great for Smash

Kerrigan is an iconic character that would offer a lot to a game like Smash Bros. For one, she is both a female and a villain, two things which Smash is still lacking (but are definitely catching up with Ultimate). I believe Sarah Kerrigan is the best character to represent the RTS genre due to her ability to control the Zerg. RTS games are all about resource management and creating an army of units to crush the opponent's base. This is something I think Kerrigan can utilize in Smash. Starcraft also really meshes well with the Metroid universe and would make for some really cool interactions if there is any kind of story mode in future games if she returns.

Potential Moveset:
Special Traits / Other:
Kerrigan would be the first true summoner character in Smash. All of her special attacks other than Psionic Shift summon various Zerg units to aid her in battle. In order to balance this, I decided to incorporate an element of resource management similar to her home series.

Vespian Gas - As the battle goes on, Kerrigan builds up resources that she can spend to use all of her special attacks minus Psionic Shift (which doesn’t cost anything since it is her recovery move). Being a simple attack, Zergling Rush attack uses the least amount of gas while the Hydralisk/Defiler/Mutalisk uses the most. She initially starts with 0 Vespian Gas but builds it up gradually as the battle goes on. The way this works in Starcraft is you have units called Drones (for the Zerg at least) traveling to mining points and bringing back Minerals and Vespian Gas to your base which you use as a currency to construct buildings and units. To simplify things for Smash, I cut it down to just Vespian Gas. I think it would be a nice touch to represent this by have some Drones (pictured below) in the background gathering resources by moving around, similar to Pokemon Trainer. If Kerrigan tries to summon a Zerg without sufficient Vespian Gas, there will a be a disembodied voice of the Overmind stating "We require more Vespian Gas".

Drone (Luke Mancini).jpg

Weak Attacks:
A Combo – Chain Reaction
Kerrigan attacks with a flow of electricity. Like Megaman’s A combo, this is a projectile attack and deals no knockback. In multiplayer, the electricity can flow to other nearby enemies if they are close enough.

Forward Tilt – Kinetic Blast
A small short range explosion from her hand

Up Tilt – Razor Swarm
Kerrigan sends out several mini shockwaves diagonally upwards

Down Tilt
A low claw swipe

Running A
A running double claw swipe

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash - Ravage
Kerrigan lunges forward and stabs the opponent with her wings.

Up Smash
Kerrigan thrusts her wings upward and stabs above her

Down Smash – Impaling Blades
Kerrigan slams the ground causing spikes to rise from the ground on both sides

Specials:
Neutral B – Hydralisk /Defiler / Mutalisk (pictured from left to right)
Similar to Dedede’s original side B that summoned Waddle Dees, Kerrigan summons one of a variety of Zerg units that wander along the battlefield and attack opponents. The hydralisk is the most basic of these. They travel along the ground and attack any opponent nearby. The defiler doesn’t actively attack but instead inflicts various status effects on anyone that gets too close with a cloud of poisonous gas. Finally, the mutalisk flies through the air and attacks any airborne opponents in its range.

Hydralisk (Luke Mancini).jpg
Defiler (Luke Mancini).jpg
Mutalisk (Luke Mancini).jpg

Forward B (Grounded) – Zergling Rush (pictured on the left)
Kerrigan summons a pair of Zerglings to rise from the ground and charge forward for a bit before diving back into the ground.

Forward B (Aerial) – Scourge (pictured on the right)
If performed in the air, Kerrigan hatches a pair of Scourge who fly forward and explode into any opponent they touch.

Zergling (Luke Mancini).jpg
Scourge (Luke Mancini).jpg

Up B – Psionic Shift
Kerrigan surrounds herself in energy then dashes in the chosen direction, damaging anyone she touches

Down B - Lurker
Similar to Snake’s mine attack, Kerrigan summons a Lurker to burrow in the ground right next to her. Anyone who walks over this location is attacked with a rising spike attack for a short while. Like the Hydralisk, only one Lurker can be summoned at a time.

Lurker (Luke Mancini).jpg

Grabs:
Grab
Kerrigan impales the opponent with her wings

Pummel
Kerrigan grabs the opponent’s face and shocks it with energy

Forward Throw
Kerrigan kicks her opponent forward

Back Throw
A simple toss backward

Up Throw
Kerrigan throws her opponent upwards followed by a quick lightning attack

Down Throw
Kerrigan slams her opponent into the ground

Aerial Attacks:
Neutral A
Kerrigan surrounds herself with electric energy and attacks around her, much like Mewtwo

Forward A
A forward claw swipe

Back A
A backward thrust kick

Up A
A somersault kick

Down A – Quantum Ray
Shoots a beam of energy diagonally downward

Final Smash: Apocalypse
Kerrigan surrounds herself in a radius of energy. Any opponent that comes within range is struck by an explosion which triggers a cinematic cutscene. This scene mimics the final few seconds of the Betrayal on Kerrigan scene. After landing the initial strike, the opponent is transported to a ruined planet where he or she is surrounded by zergs on all sides. As they reach the target, the screen turns to black. It then returns to the normal battle screen and the opponent takes massive damage and knockback.

What music could Kerrigan bring?
There are lots of great options for songs but I particularly love all the Terran themes. Here are a few songs that I think would be amazing in Smash:

The Terran theme being in Smash would be a dream come true! It's one of the most iconic video game tunes ever for a reason.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Here is a Konami rep i actually want in smash but i know there is no chance of it happening however it can be one of the craziest fighters out there.
Its Sepia Belmont from Bombergirl she kinda count as both being Bomberman and Castlevania rep.
She use Chainsaw and a Whip and Bombs and she is a nun.
Basically making her a mix of :ultcorrin::ultsimon: and Bomberman which would be really crazy to see.
sineo.PNG

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Here is a Konami rep i actually want in smash but i know there is no chance of it happening however it can be one of the craziest fighters out there.
Its Sepia Belmont from Bombergirl she kinda count as both being Bomberman and Castlevania rep.
She use Chainsaw and a Whip and Bombs and she is a nun.
Basically making her a mix of :ultcorrin::ultsimon: and Bomberman which would be really crazy to see.
View attachment 350148

That’s a really interesting character. I can’t say that I’ve ever heard of her but she looks fun. I wish Smash was open to more spinoff and crossover content in general honestly. I’d love Impa’s Hyrule Warriors design and it would have been awesome to get some music from that game. Other spin-offs like the Pokémon TCG on the Gameboy had some really cool songs that would have been nice to get some remixes of.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Well yes, it's not like the characters you include are absent of popularity, but none seem to be included due to being popular, as in that case, they opt for the most popular feasible ones, not ones of medium-high-ish popularity. Like, with Ultimate, when adding the popular first-parties, they chose... the two most popular first-parties, Ridley and K. Rool. And finding popular echo fodder is a thing too, but it's different than for original characters.

And there were reasons people found those two inclusions potentially prohibitive, just as I'm sure you'd find with the popular first-parties I could raise, but demand overrode those obstacles in Ultimate, and I don't think the reasons against the most requested first-parties would box them out holistically.

I mean, who is the most requested first-party you have here? Maybe Impa? But I don't think she's even the most requested Zelda character. I think you need to have a character who comes from the top of the first-party popularity heap. I think we'd get at least one. Be it as it may that there is in an increase in third-party attention, I doubt that will be catered to at the expense of a popular first-party, should that supply exist - which it does.

I see your reasoning for your inclusions, but occasionally characters will just get in not due to recency or good attendance or moveset potential - they'll get in just because they're highly demanded. Those inclusions don't make up the majority, but they should still be reflected in a prediction roster.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
That’s a really interesting character. I can’t say that I’ve ever heard of her but she looks fun. I wish Smash was open to more spinoff and crossover content in general honestly. I’d love Impa’s Hyrule Warriors design and it would have been awesome to get some music from that game. Other spin-offs like the Pokémon TCG on the Gameboy had some really cool songs that would have been nice to get some remixes of.
Well the only way to play Bombergirl is in the arcades and Microsoft Windows there hasn’t been any gaming console release of it yet which is why you probably haven’t heard of Bombergirl and also this game is over sexualized lol

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Ultimate has shifted the fan-favorites game more towards third-parties
I think this viewpoint is overly colored by the effects of a (very) long DLC cycle in which the focus on third parties was weighted much more heavily, in large part due to the ability to milk a third party character's profitability much more greatly by selling them at a lower content-to-dollar ratio. Even in base Ult we only got one unique 3P newcomer; the rules were notably different in DLC.

Now, clearly the floodgates have opened, and people are not so shy to suggest any number of left-field 3P crossovers nowadays. But I think a lot of the demand for 3P reps has been fueled by expectations rather than a legitimate lack of good 1P options; and I don't think it will translate to more than like two unique base game third party newcomers in the still-hypothetical Smash 6 (maybe three if there are some cuts, or maybe even just one again if they return a lot of vets). Of course, I expect several third parties to continue to hold demand throughout the base game speculation, but that hunger probably won't be fed quite as much as some expect (at least until another potential round of DLC), especially if a lot of the 3P speculation ends up being focused on which vets will even return instead of just dreaming on newcomers.

Another point is the diminishing return of third parties in a base game. Adding more 3P characters is stacking licensing costs but keeping a flat sale price for the final game, so each one you add has to be worth it. Given how little impact each individual character has on the overall sales, I don't think like five third party newcomers is going to make the game sell much more than one or two well-chosen picks which serve as the "headline" additions for the newest iteration.

becomes harder and harder to find first-party characters that a lot of people both recognize and love, or otherwise represent something important in Nintendo's legacy.
Flatly false, in my estimation. The first party options are still very diverse, including top-flight fan faves like Isaac and Waluigi, other recognizable recurring characters like Dixie or Impa, a fresh litter of new Switch faves like Xeno3 or Ring Fit, and even a few legitimate franchise mascot-types like Tom Nook who lie in wait for their chance at the roster. Not to mention the stockpile of legacy characters that they can always dip into.

People love to go back to like the Brawl days and say the 1P newcomers back then were much "bigger," but even that game included many more niche choices like Ike, Lucas, R.O.B., Pit, Olimar, and Wolf. Like, Wii era Pit and Olimar are arguably even more lowkey additions than Isaac would be if he were to be added right now. Of course, there were also plenty of heavy-hitters like Diddy, Wario, MK, and Dedede, but only a few of these are ever really required to carry a given crop of newcomers. I could also say that if Melee had an actual proper roster instead of clonemania, then a couple of these could have hypothetically been in before Brawl, potentially making the newcomers tilt even more to the niche in that game. In any case, I don't see how the headline additions being, say, Tom Nook and Waluigi wouldn't be enough to excite casuals and hardcores alike.

As an extra note, I also think many people fail to realize how many hardcore and casual Smash fans would recognize and be satisfied with reveals for any number of overall less expected first parties, especially ones that have played roles as bosses or ATs in Smash before. See Marx, Porky, Lyn, Saki, etc. They might not be in the speculation limelight but would still garner a lot of positive reactions, just like less-expected third party characters such as Joker or Terry did.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I think this viewpoint is overly colored by the effects of a (very) long DLC cycle in which the focus on third parties was weighted much more heavily, in large part due to the ability to milk a third party character's profitability much more greatly by selling them at a lower content-to-dollar ratio. Even in base Ult we only got one unique 3P newcomer; the rules were notably different in DLC.

Now, clearly the floodgates have opened, and people are not so shy to suggest any number of left-field 3P crossovers nowadays. But I think a lot of the demand for 3P reps has been fueled by expectations rather than a legitimate lack of good 1P options; and I don't think it will translate to more than like two unique base game third party newcomers in the still-hypothetical Smash 6 (maybe three if there are some cuts, or maybe even just one again if they return a lot of vets). Of course, I expect several third parties to continue to hold demand throughout the base game speculation, but that hunger probably won't be fed quite as much as some expect (at least until another potential round of DLC), especially if a lot of the 3P speculation ends up being focused on which vets will even return instead of just dreaming on newcomers.

Another point is the diminishing return of third parties in a base game. Adding more 3P characters is stacking licensing costs but keeping a flat sale price for the final game, so each one you add has to be worth it. Given how little impact each individual character has on the overall sales, I don't think like five third party newcomers is going to make the game sell much more than one or two well-chosen picks which serve as the "headline" additions for the newest iteration.

Flatly false, in my estimation. The first party options are still very diverse, including top-flight fan faves like Isaac and Waluigi, other recognizable recurring characters like Dixie or Impa, a fresh litter of new Switch faves like Xeno3 or Ring Fit, and even a few legitimate franchise mascot-types like Tom Nook who lie in wait for their chance at the roster. Not to mention the stockpile of legacy characters that they can always dip into.

People love to go back to like the Brawl days and say the 1P newcomers back then were much "bigger," but even that game included many more niche choices like Ike, Lucas, R.O.B., Pit, Olimar, and Wolf. Like, Wii era Pit and Olimar are arguably even more lowkey additions than Isaac would be if he were to be added right now. Of course, there were also plenty of heavy-hitters like Diddy, Wario, MK, and Dedede, but only a few of these are ever really required to carry a given crop of newcomers. I could also say that if Melee had an actual proper roster instead of clonemania, then a couple of these could have hypothetically been in before Brawl, potentially making the newcomers tilt even more to the niche in that game. In any case, I don't see how the headline additions being, say, Tom Nook and Waluigi wouldn't be enough to excite casuals and hardcores alike.

As an extra note, I also think many people fail to realize how many hardcore and casual Smash fans would recognize and be satisfied with reveals for any number of overall less expected first parties, especially ones that have played roles as bosses or ATs in Smash before. See Marx, Porky, Lyn, Saki, etc. They might not be in the speculation limelight but would still garner a lot of positive reactions, just like less-expected third party characters such as Joker or Terry did.
I’ve noticed that the large majority of my personal most wanted characters are third party at this point. I love Nintendo and they are my favorite gaming company but many of my favorite first party characters left are either unlikely or very dependent on specific factors. Here’s a list of some of my favorite first party characters to give you some idea what I mean:

Gengar, Cofagrigus, Golisopod, Orbeetle, or Zoroark
Goomba or Goombella
Dixie Kong (specifically with animal buddies or paired with Kiddy)
Impa (specifically her design in the first Hyrule Warriors)
Jena Anderson
Medusa
The Black Knight, Tharja, Rinkah, or Petra
Bugzzy
EMMI

I’m not really expecting any of my favorites listed above to make it in. I don’t particularly care about the other incarnations of Impa so getting the HW version is important to me. DKC 2 is one of my favorite games ever and I feel that neither Donkey Kong nor Diddy Kong really convey what I love about the series. DK’s moveset is mostly made up and Diddy’s is largely taken from 64. Dixie as a Diddy echo wouldn’t cut it for me. There are other characters that I would still like to see like Akira Howard and Raven Beak but they aren’t my personal favorite characters from their games.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I’ve noticed that the large majority of my personal most wanted characters are third party at this point. I love Nintendo and they are my favorite gaming company but many of my favorite first party characters left are either unlikely or very dependent on specific factors. Here’s a list of some of my favorite first party characters to give you some idea what I mean:

Gengar, Cofagrigus, Golisopod, Orbeetle, or Zoroark
Goomba or Goombella
Dixie Kong (specifically with animal buddies or paired with Kiddy)
Impa (specifically her design in the first Hyrule Warriors)
Jena Anderson
Medusa
The Black Knight, Tharja, Rinkah, or Petra
Bugzzy
EMMI

I’m not really expecting any of my favorites listed above to make it in. I don’t particularly care about the other incarnations of Impa so getting the HW version is important to me. DKC 2 is one of my favorite games ever and I feel that neither Donkey Kong nor Diddy Kong really convey what I love about the series. DK’s moveset is mostly made up and Diddy’s is largely taken from 64. There are other characters that I would still like to see like Akira Howard and Raven Beak but they aren’t my personal favorite characters from their games.
I guess I just don't have so much trouble divorcing my personal favorite characters from the characters I support in the Smash setting. Not that I am without bias, but I gravitate more towards having that allstar lineup for Smash.

Like for example my favorite FE character was always Barst, but that never stopped me from supporting Lyn for Smash. I also like Hector as a character more than Lyn, but still think Lyn is the clear-cut rep from GBA FE and don't even support Hector for Smash.

ZelDan

Smash Master
This is definitely confusing , why would they turn Byleth into the main villain ?
Well, maybe Byleth won't be the villain for the whole game, and will later join your side at some point midway or late game? Or it could be they're more an "antagonist" than "outright villain" and they will simply join whatever house most opposes whatever house you side with.

Either way I think people are jumping the gun on all this "OMG BYLETH IS A VILLAIN NOW!" stuff.

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Sorry for a long absence, was out taking care of responsibilities.
surely the very reasons you apply to greninja apply to inceneroar as well only he doesnt have the popularity thing hes not even the most popular gen 7 starter
Alas, I really can't argue with that. I mainly put Incineroar first out of a subconscious bias to be honest, he always stuck out to me more than Greninja did, and I wanted to keep things varied since Ryu Hayabusa is another ninja, but with Sheik gone it wouldn't be too redundant to at least have Greninja be a late arrival. Ultimately though, which of the two stuck out to me more is just a matter of perspective and not an objective quality of both characters.
I think I’m making good progress on Metroid Dread but I’m generally bad at video games so it might take me a while lol. Here’s my current progress so far (spoilers for people that haven’t played it yet):
I just got the Gravity suit and got stuck on the boss right after that. I tried about 10-15 times to beat it but it was killing my hands. I was pretty proud that I was able to get as far as I did by myself but I had my friend, who is better at games, beat that boss for me. I haven’t played since but I have a vacation coming up next week and I’ll see how far I can get before I get stuck again lol.
Sounds all good.
From what I've looked up, you're almost near the end of the game. If you're referring to Experiment Z-57 as the boss, then yeah that's totally understandable, I've heard that boss is a huge pain in the ass to fight.
Well yes, it's not like the characters you include are absent of popularity, but none seem to be included due to being popular, as in that case, they opt for the most popular feasible ones, not ones of medium-high-ish popularity. Like, with Ultimate, when adding the popular first-parties, they chose... the two most popular first-parties, Ridley and K. Rool. And finding popular echo fodder is a thing too, but it's different than for original characters.

And there were reasons people found those two inclusions potentially prohibitive, just as I'm sure you'd find with the popular first-parties I could raise, but demand overrode those obstacles in Ultimate, and I don't think the reasons against the most requested first-parties would box them out holistically.

I mean, who is the most requested first-party you have here? Maybe Impa? But I don't think she's even the most requested Zelda character. I think you need to have a character who comes from the top of the first-party popularity heap. I think we'd get at least one. Be it as it may that there is in an increase in third-party attention, I doubt that will be catered to at the expense of a popular first-party, should that supply exist - which it does.

I see your reasoning for your inclusions, but occasionally characters will just get in not due to recency or good attendance or moveset potential - they'll get in just because they're highly demanded. Those inclusions don't make up the majority, but they should still be reflected in a prediction roster.

These are all very good points to raise up, and I'll try my best here to respond to these and explain what I need to.
Firstly, admittedly I do feel that I may have made an error in judgement by not really going out of my way to put in any first-parties simply for demand reasons, and I do believe that's because said judgement was clouded by Ridley and K. Rool being the only real examples of that, as dream1ng mentioned. Inkling, Isabelle, Incineroar, Byleth, Min Min, and the Aegis Blades were all characters I feel prioritized "feasibility over popularity". These "popular but also feasible" characters outnumbered the "simply popular" ones 3:1, and that's most likely the reason I made these 1st party picks here. I will fully owe up to the fact that I probably should've paid more attention to this aspect of Ultimate's additions, as small as it is in comparison to the other aspects. I do also stand by my statment that it's a bit difficult to immediately think of characters that could rival Ridley and K. Rool's popularity, but on the other hand, I actually might have some potential answers.

Though for a moment, let me move to the topic of the base game third-parties I picked. In hindsight, I do agree with SPEN18's statement that Ultimate's DLC cycle being so long skewed character discussion into mainly being about third-parties instead of first-parties, especially since the first-parties that did get into DLC only added on another perception that only recent Nintendo stars were viable at this point, when obviously that isn't exactly the truth. I did want to at least try and be relatively grounded with the third-party newcomers I chose for the base game section of my prediction roster. Bomberman, Arle, and Ryu Hayabusa were all third-party characters who have good Nintendo assocation but were also not too high profile of picks, while Zero and Iori served as additional supplements to series already represented in Smash. However, I will admit that even when I finalized my prediction, I was a bit shaky about having five third-parties, even if most of them would be relatively cheap to include.

This took some thinking, but I did come up with a potential preposition I could do for my prediction roster. If either of you are interested, I can explain in a seperate post about the changes I'm heavily considering to apply on my prediction roster here.
Also, apologies if anything's a bit sloppy here, when I proofread posts on here sometimes my eyes will make all the words blur together, so if there's anything vague or unclear, feel free to point it out and I'll try to correct it.

Yamat08

Smash Journeyman
In hindsight, I do agree with SPEN18's statement that Ultimate's DLC cycle being so long skewed character discussion into mainly being about third-parties instead of first-parties, especially since the first-parties that did get into DLC only added on another perception that only recent Nintendo stars were viable at this point, when obviously that isn't exactly the truth.
To be fair, Ultimate's DLC cycle was also influenced by the fact that several of the viable first-party (and even some third-party) picks were already in the base game as Assist Trophies, Mii costumes, and Spirits to a lesser extent (at least before Min Min proved that their chances weren't completely shot). Even I was pretty much under the thought process of "Lip's a Mii costume, better push for something else."

And on that note, the Mii costumes that were added to the base game seem to consist of some pretty popular picks (indicating that they're not unaware of the demand). Isaac, Saki, Skullkid, Chibi-Robo, Ray Mk III, Dixie, Marx, Arcade Bunny, the aforementioned Lip, not to mention some carry-overs from Smash4 DLC like Toad, Takamaru, Ashley, Viridi, and the Black Knight. Come to think of it, pre-DLC Smash4's Miis didn't even focus much on characters, instead centering around the hat choices in Street Pass Mii Plaza (many of which didn't return in Ultimate), a few of which were based off of characters already in Smash (and Barbara the Bat, oddly enough), and a pretty random assortment of body suits for the Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner that weren't really representing anything. Guess they never figured that Miis could be used to represent more characters until after development for the base game was already completed. As an aside, I find it a shame that Smash never got those Mii Plaza hats depicting various Nintendo consoles.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
On the topic of requested characters, I maintain my belief that K.Rool/Ridley/Banjo fans' unending insistence that a character has to be irrelevant in order to be an actual popular pick did irreversible damage to how this fandom thinks popularity works.

After the sheer fan outcry Inklings caused by not being a part of Smash 4 DLC, it's surreal to see them relegated to "recency" picks.

Yamat08

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of requested characters, I maintain my belief that K.Rool/Ridley/Banjo fans' unending insistence that a character has to be irrelevant in order to be an actual popular pick did irreversible damage to how this fandom thinks popularity works.

After the sheer fan outcry Inklings caused by not being a part of Smash 4 DLC, it's surreal to see them relegated to "recency" picks.
Were some of them seriously making that argument? Anyway, I don't really have a problem with "recency" so long as it's first-party. This is still primarily Nintendo's cross-over in the end, so I don't blame them for shilling out their new releases (and really, this standard has been set as early as Pikachu and Jigglypuff in Smash64). It's third-parties that I hold to more scrutiny, though. Given the extra steps needed to get them into Smash, I'd prefer it if third-parties had proven to have enough of a lasting legacy before being considered to have that kind of star status, as opposed to just tossing in a recent fad. I mean, just look at Fall Guys, for instance. Two years in, and it already seems like nobody talks about it (for that matter, wasn't it supposed to get a Switch port in 2021? Whatever happened to that?).

dream1ng

Smash Champion

I don't think that's a very common argument.

People erroneously and retroactively treat the Inklings like they weren't in the same realm of demand as those other two prior to their inclusion, but characters like Waluigi and BWD being popular helps dispel the idea that fanbase favorites can't also be current.

Though it's also the case, such as with Inklings, or another recent character that was popular, Pyra, that popularity seemingly wasn't the reason either actually got in, so, people may acknowledge the popularity of recent characters, but I think most don't expect it to have a substantial effect. Whereas it's the main merit for characters who can't get in due to being current. Basically, the newer characters don't need it as much, so people stress it less.

Having said that, with characters like Waluigi and BWD, despite being perpetually current, it may very well come down to popularity, given Waluigi doesn't seem like the type of character they'd add without it, and BWD is otherwise hindered by Sakurai's whole Kirby schtick.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think that's a very common argument.

People erroneously and retroactively treat the Inklings like they weren't in the same realm of demand as those other two prior to their inclusion, but characters like Waluigi and BWD being popular helps dispel the idea that fanbase favorites can't also be current.

Though it's also the case, such as with Inklings, or another recent character that was popular, Pyra, that popularity seemingly wasn't the reason either actually got in, so, people may acknowledge the popularity of recent characters, but I think most don't expect it to have a substantial effect. Whereas it's the main merit for characters who can't get in due to being current. Basically, the newer characters don't need it as much, so people stress it less.

Having said that, with characters like Waluigi and BWD, despite being perpetually current, it may very well come down to popularity, given Waluigi doesn't seem like the type of character they'd add without it, and BWD is otherwise hindered by Sakurai's whole Kirby schtick.
pyra was never that popular anyway

Yamat08

Smash Journeyman
true. But she did a rather mixed reaction at first
If you're referring to whiny social media puritans, I'd say that it's been proven time and time again that they are NOT an audience worth listening to (and in most cases, they weren't even the audience to begin with).

Gengar84

Smash Hero
The Terran theme being in Smash would be a dream come true! It's one of the most iconic video game tunes ever for a reason.
Oh yeah, definitely. The Terran themes are a big part of why I lean towards StarCraft over WarCraft for Smash even though I’d love to see both at some point. Illidan Stormrage is one of my favorite characters ever but Sarah Kerrigan is awesome too and I feel that she has the potential to best represent the mechanics of an RTS in Smash through her Zerg summoning system I came up with. Most other heroes in StarCraft or WarCraft wouldn’t make quite as much sense summoning other units in my opinion.

As far as Xenoblade and Pyra/Mythra goes: the first Xenoblade Chronicles is among my favorite games of all time. I was extremely hyped when Shulk made it into Smash 4, even though Dunban was actually my favorite character. Xenoblade 2 was also a ton of fun in a lot of ways but had a lot of issues that kept it from becoming one of my favorites. The first is that I strongly dislike the lead protagonist, Rex. Pyra and Mythra were better but they were never my favorites either. My favorites from thatgame were Nia, Zeke, and Morag. Of those, Nia was the one I was a huge fan of. When Pyra and Mythra made it into Smash, it was more a feeling of relief that it wasn’t Rex. I will say that Mythra’s Smash redesign made me like the character more. I wasn’t really a fan of either character’s outfit in Xenoblade itself.

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Champion
true. But she did a rather mixed reaction at first
Well those characters were always divisive, but they still had a lot of support at certain points.

Like BWD is quite popular all things considered, but still has a lot of people who don't care for the character for one reason or another. If he gets in the reaction will also probably be mixed, and then subside to acceptance, as many reveals do. Look at Steve.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Well those characters were always divisive, but they still had a lot of support at certain points.

Like BWD is quite popular all things considered, but still has a lot of people who don't care for the character for one reason or another. If he gets in the reaction will also probably be mixed, and then subside to acceptance, as many reveals do. Look at Steve.
Most popular characters for me, BWD included, fall into the category of characters I’d be totally fine with seeing but not exactly hyped for. I do like Kirby and BWD makes sense but I’ve always been a Bugzzy guy. Since that will never happen, BWD is fine. There are almost no characters I’m outright against getting in Smash. Some characters I was initially indifferent to like Terry and Kazuya ended up being among my favorites to play as, so I’ve learned never to write off a character until I’ve given them a chance first. Even then, if I didn’t personally care for the character or their style, every character has their own fans so I’m happy for those people.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If you're referring to whiny social media puritans, I'd say that it's been proven time and time again that they are NOT an audience worth listening to (and in most cases, they weren't even the audience to begin with).
i was referring to this website

well from what i can recall the vast majority were in favour of rex for rex and only a small for rex for pythra. and i defiantly recall the topic of them being unlikely of being on the stage at the same time coming up

Gengar84

Smash Hero
i was referring to this website

well from what i can recall the vast majority were in favour of rex for rex and only a small for rex for pythra. and i defiantly recall the topic of them being unlikely of being on the stage at the same time coming up
I’m genuinely curious if Rex was only as supported as he was because he was the expected character or if people actually liked him that much. I know everyone has their own opinions and I don’t want to project mine on others but I don’t really understand how Rex can be someone’s favorite character from that game. To each their own I guess.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I’m genuinely curious if Rex was only as supported as he was because he was the expected character or if people actually liked him that much. I know everyone has their own opinions and I don’t want to project mine on others but I don’t really understand how Rex can be someone’s favorite character from that game. To each their own I guess.
to be honest I’m not sure. I know there’s one or two people who hate Rex but he certainly didn’t have a lack of fans. This is the smash fandom after all if they hated him that much they wouldn’t support him

Gengar84

Smash Hero
to be honest I’m not sure. I know there’s one or two people who hate Rex but he certainly didn’t have a lack of fans. This is the smash fandom after all if they hated him that much they wouldn’t support him
Yeah, I personally couldn’t stand Rex, Tora, or Poppi. The funny thing is that I love anime and JRPGs are my favorite genre but they were still too much for me. Still, I know every character has their fans like I said so I would have accepted Rex if he was chosen and not complain too much. After all, Steve was my least wanted and I was able to accept him and be happy for his fans.

Top Bottom