• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

next smash bros modern and retro rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
LINK
Rumor is that the next smash bros is going to be split up so that 3ds is a retro smashbros with characters like takamaru, Dk jr., Pac-Man while the one on WiiU will feature newer characters. This sounds bad. But it also might be just what we need. Theres no need for more than 35 characters if 10-12 are taken out of the brawl roster for either game.
Also the thing that makes this seem the most fake imo is that ssb3ds would be slated for next holiday season. That sounds way too soon. Discuss

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
I don't know. I mean November/December of 2013 doesn't sound too far off. I kind of doubt this rumor but then again it certainly does seem like some thing Sakurai would do. It does say that characters would be useable in both versions. I think the Ridley thing seems a little odd though. Obviously every one wants him and his inclusion is all but demanded but the way that it was said sounds a little odd. This is probably fake but it's plausible. We really don't know how long that the games have been worked on. By the time that we found out about Namco-Bandai they had a demo available for Sakurai so it's possible that they started on the engine before Sakurai finished KIU. Doubtful but possible.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Zeldainformer notorious for its awful and never-true rumors?
I've seen it on multiple sites, but the zelda one has the fan picture, which for some reason I like. Some others is gonintendo, n4g, gengame, and gamespot.

keero16

Smash Rookie
I have heard before that Sakurai would like to use more retro things than the other Smashes. But I think most of the information on this is fake. Personally I don't want a huge focus on retro..... I feel like they have enough retro already.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I heard that too just yesterday. 3DS Super Smash Bros. will be like King Of Fighters 98. Having every character, stage, item and pokemon previously appeared in the series, included so even Dr. Mario, Roy, Pichu, Mewtwo and both Young Link and Toon Link.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yes, let's spit in players' faces by giving in characters they neither want nor like.

This is just a mutated branch off of that interview where Sakurai says he is lucky to be in a position where he can revive retro characters.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Yes, let's spit in players' faces by giving in characters they neither want nor like.

This is just a mutated branch off of that interview where Sakurai says he is lucky to be in a position where he can revive retro characters.
Seirously, this. All he said was that he wanted to revive retro characters more than he did before, if he has the chance with SSB4

That was all he said

jigglover

Smash Lord
Your logic is flawed by pokemon black and white, where Gamefreak once said that they really want to focus on their new generation Pokemon and suddenly the only Pokemon you can get is generation 5.
Not sticking up for the rumour - obviously fake - but I just wanted to point this out.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Your logic is flawed by Pokemon black and white, where Gamefreak once said that they really want to focus on their new generation Pokemon and suddenly the only Pokemon you can get is generation 5.
Not sticking up for the rumor - obviously fake - but I just wanted to point this out.
Wait, what?
If Gamefreak said they wanted to focus on their new generation, the newest being 5, and all you could get was Gen V Pokemon, then didn't they keep their word?

Besides the fact that B2W2 has other Gen Pokemon.

What does Pokemon have to do with someone taking what Sakurai said out of context?

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
That sounds good to me.
Pac-man and taizo hori for 3ds. kazuya and heihachi for wii u
Megaman and arthur for 3ds. ryu and m. bison for wii u
Sonic and gilius thunderhead for 3ds. akira yuki and dural for wii u

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I don't buy it. The guy said he was briefed about pacman as a character, when Sakurai clearly stated a while back that he wouldn't consider characters like 'pacman or L block'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom