• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Hardware Rep?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
We've Had Game and Watch, We've had ROB, We've had Duck Hunt.
What other hardware could possibly be used to represent something in the next Smash Game?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Playable Characters
Donkey Kong represents the DK Bongos peripheral.
Wii Fit Trainer represents the Wii Balance Board peripheral.
Duck Hunt represents the NES Zapper peripheral.
R.O.B. represents itself.
Mr. Game & Watch represents the Game & Watch product line.

Assist Trophies and Items
Color TV Game 15 represents the Color TV Game product line.
Super Scope represents itself.

Ummm... I guess Diskun could represent Famicom Computer Disk System and maybe Family BASIC...? :troll:

I was thinking that we might be running out of noteworthy Nintendo hardware... maybe Sakurai could venture beyond gaming and look through Nintendo's non-gaming products such as toys and the media... Captain N from the Captain N: The Game Master cartoon and Nester from the Nintendo Power magazine (I already know about Pilotwings 64 and Nester's Funky Bowling) could work as playable characters. Well-known Nintendo toys such as Ultra Hand and Ultra Machine could work as items.

We could have a stage that represents the SNES Mouse peripheral and it's called "Mario Paint". We could have a stage based on the N&B Block series. That would be amazing!

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
Teleroboxer (a clone of Little Mac if the developers are lazy) to represent Virtual Boy. It probably won't happen (a Virtual Boy representative) since Nintendo has pretty much disowned the VB.

To represent the SNES mouse, perhaps King Watinga (the boss in the fly swatting minigame in Mario Paint).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Teleroboxer (a clone of Little Mac if the developers are lazy) to represent Virtual Boy. It probably won't happen (a Virtual Boy representative) since Nintendo has pretty much disowned the VB.
You were saying? :awesome:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm hoping for Daitoryo to represent Nintendo's Hanafuda Roots.

Last edited:

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
It could be neat to have an avatar-type character (maybe a Mii, but just someone generic) that used an E-Reader, with different cards having different effects. I guess you run the risk of comparison to Yu-Gi-Oh, but it could make a neat playable character.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
It could be neat to have an avatar-type character (maybe a Mii, but just someone generic) that used an E-Reader, with different cards having different effects. I guess you run the risk of comparison to Yu-Gi-Oh, but it could make a neat playable character.
Or that could be 9-Volt's down special.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I kinda wish we saw Ultra Hand, chiritorie, Hanafuda cards, Virtual Boy, Power Glove, etc. as Items.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
IMO, they should make Captain N playable and let him handle a bunch of the various peripherals.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think that the next step should be a "Shelf" stage where the characters fight on various Nintendo consoles, with a TV on the background displaying retro games.

Quite like how we have a Gameboy stage on 3DS, even though it's a Kirby Stage in the end. Or the Flatzone stage.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Nester from Funky Bowling on the Virtual Boy, It's too perfect. (Yes i know that's not where he's FROM)

Top Bottom