• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Generation Gaming - April 13th, 2013 - Chicopee, Massachusetts

Plot Armor

Smash Rookie
Im Plot Armor.
The date is set for the Third NGG Tournament.
We have added Melee to the tournament line up.
APEX standard rules.
It is in Western Mass.
I will be the TO. Any questions or concerns you can message me. (Here or facebook. Marco Anthony)
Hope you guys can come and if you do come please respond in the smash head count post I have made. I just want to be prepared for you guys.

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/344364642350949/

When: Saturday April 13 2013

Venue Opens: 12pm

Starts: 1 pm

Venue Fee: 6 Dollars, Girls are not required to pay venue fee but if you are into gender equality and stuff then feel free to pay. No one will turn away your money

Game:

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: 3 out of 5 the whole tournament Double Elim

Super Street Fighter IV: 2 out of 3 until Winner's, Loser's and Grand Finals. Those will be 3 out of 5

Persona 4 Arena: 2 out of 3 until Winner's, Loser's and Grand Finals. Those will be 3 out of 5

*Confirmed* Super Smash Brothers Melee

System: Xbox 360

monitor: Asusvh236h & Crt's for smash, it depends on what the demand is.

Tournament fee: $10 each game

Venue: Days Inn 450 Memorial Drive, Chicopee, MA 01020.

Payout: 50 dollar pot bonus will be added toward AE & UMC3, 25 will be added to Persona 4 Arena.

1st place: 70%

2nd place: 20%

3rd Place: 10%

Larz

Smash Cadet
this is possible for me... how serious is the melee and would a good number of people show up for it?

Plot Armor

Smash Rookie
We have gotten complaints from girls that they get in for free.
We are just saying girls are welcome to pay venue if they would like to.

this is possible for me... how serious is the melee and would a good number of people show up for it?
Either way show up, and support the local community. Im trying to make this a monthly if everything goes well.

steviestar

Smash Rookie
We have gotten complaints from girls that they get in for free.
We are just saying girls are welcome to pay venue if they would like to.
That's not the problem here... female players are upset that they're being given the option to not pay just because they're female. It either comes off as desperate (PLEASE WE NEED GIRLS TO OGLE AT OUR VIDEO GAME TOURNAMENT, NO MATTER WHAT) or just downright insulting (women are inherently worse at fighting games so they shouldn't have to pay to come get wrecked). It's not a good image to set for this tournament and any future tournaments you may host.

Plot Armor

Smash Rookie
I understand your concerns regarding the venue fee however I am only promoting the event, the rule was not decided by me. Should you have any concerns about this please feel free to go to the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/387226124672927/ and contact either Damien or Lindsay about it. We would love to hear feedback.

SOLAR

Smash Ace
You n me can rip it up Stratford. Free venue fee for girls? Wouldn't that be funny if as a result, there are like 20 female entrants? Can't complain either way

Top Bottom