• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next 3rd Party character: Cartoony or Realistic?

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
The current 3rd Party characters Sonic and Snake are very different types of characters to each other. With Sonic having a cartoony design and Snake looking realistic, if there was only one more 3rd party character which style would you prefer?

For example if the next character was from capcom would you prefer someone like Megaman or someone like Ryu or Chun-Li?

I would like the say this isn't a prediction of who the next 3rd party character is but rather what kind of character it'll be.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Cartoony because I think it will be Bomberman, I think there might be one or two more third party charecters then sakurai first said. with some 3rd partys being friendly with nintendo, sakurai might allow a few more.

I don't mind 3rd partys charecters as long as they're well known and have a good history on nintendo consoles like Megaman or Bomberman.

Flying Pig

Smash Cadet
I bet Geno although he as only been in two game, Anyone has a good chance. Geno is cartoony.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You know I just can't imagine Geno being in brawl and not Mallow, I just always seem to look at them like a pair, it would seem weird for me if Geno was in and Mallow wasn't.

Flying Pig

Smash Cadet
Well I really think that is megaman get in hes going to be really cheap. I don't know why I just know it.

Fizzlo

Smash Rookie
The next 3rd part will probably be Geno, Rayman... and (I hate to say it), Megaman. So Cartoony.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I think Geno will be the next third party, and firmly believe Megaman is in also. The whole Sakurai limit argument is old but I will say he made a comment about being unsure and keeping an open mind to it.

As for Mallow, I'd guess assist trophy even though his stretchy arms would be fun. Dedede for brawl.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
Megaman is more probable than Geno. it's down to him being in only one or two games, compared to Megaman's pantheon. plus, he wasn't the main protagonist, where Megaman is in his games, and Megaman most likley turned up more on the polls too.

I'm not a megaman fan. I'm a Lloyd fan. the two characters (megaman and geno that is) have a good chance, but Megaman is more likley

from Capcom, I would also prefer Ryu as apposed to Megaman.

So, I'm hoping for Lloyd, expecting Megaman, and prefering Ryu. I guess I'm a cartoony, with a bit of realism.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
My main reason for saying Geno is the latest Dojo update, but if you're curious about that read my last comment on the Geno thread.

I forgot to say I think it will be cartoony. *hits self on head with hammer* Didn't work. I don't expect Ryu but if he was there it'd blow my mind in a good way.

On a side note, I just thought of the Tick. Wouldn't that be a great WTF?

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai´s limit argument isn´t even an argument. It was an estimate that he casually gave last year. Fans need to stop enshrining everything the poor man happens to think about.

As to style, it obviously depends on the character in question. Mega Man has always had an old-school anime style, while Simon is also stylized but considerably more realistic. This is essentially a "who do you think the next third party character will be?" thread, with a thinly veiled guise.

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
it will obviously be cartoony. I say that because the next 3rd party will obviously be megaman.
Don't say obviously, with Sonic confirmed its a random draw to guess who it might be. Personally I'd rather see Ryu or Chun-Li from Street Fighter, what better way to sell a fighting game than to have someone from the most famous fighting game in history. Yes Sonic sells the crossover aspect but Ryu or Chun-Li would get fighting game fans excited.

So I believe that a realistic character from a fighting game has the best chance.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Why have Ryu and Chun Li? IMO having characters from a fighting game in Brawl is a waste of space than to have another character like Megaman who's moveset would be completely unique, because Ryu and Chun Li would bring their moves to Brawl and wouldn't add anything new to either Brawl or their persona.

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
Why have Ryu and Chun Li? IMO having characters from a fighting game in Brawl is a waste of space than to have another character like Megaman who's moveset would be completely unique, because Ryu and Chun Li would bring their moves to Brawl and wouldn't add anything new to either Brawl or their persona.
Well Megaman would be cool but when you think about it Street Fighter is more famous and popular worldwide.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Well, Megaman is cartoony, but at least he's sort of a regular looking humanoid person thing. Kind of stylized and anime, but not a freak like Sonic. (Ha, I like Sonic.) If I must vote for what I want, I'd say cartoony... I just like the drawn/stylized looks that can be pulled off. Megaman is a perfect candidate, but after him, Bomberman, and Pacman would be kind of cool... maybe. Ha! DIG-DUG FTW!

Flying Pig

Smash Cadet
I don't see Rayman getting in. Yea he was on nintendo and he is cartoony I just don't see that happening. I mean really a man with no arms nor legs just feet and hands is really good. >_>

Top Bottom