• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newfoundland

b0wzr!

Smash Cadet
In case anyone from Newfoundland goes on here besides me, I'd just like to point out that the tornaments around here are increasing ALOT.
The past 2 months we had about 3-4, compaired to last year thats amazing.
There is one this upcoming Sunday called "Halo Smash" at the MUN Hatcher House in St. John's.

Here are the rules;

Smash Bros: Registration / Warm Up : 9-10:30AM. Starts at 10:30 AM.

- Singles Tournament. Start to finish. Entry will be 5$ . Top 3 receive cash. First place also gets a Hooked Up Gaming Cafe gift certificate

- Double Tournament will take place shortly thereafter the singles finishes. 5$ entry. Top 2 team receive cash. The first place tean also gets a Hooked Up Gaming Cafe gift certificate each

Settings:

- All rules and setting that NLG will abide by are listed here- http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735

- Matches are best 2 out of 3. In the very first match, a random stage is selected from the "random" list. After that match, the loser of the previous match gets to pick the stage. They can pick anything from both lists. After that person announces the stage, the winner of the previous match chooses their character, and then the loser of the previous match chooses their character

- Random Stage Select:
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island, Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 1
- Counterpicks:
Castle Seige, Delfino Plaza, Lylat Cruise, Brinstar, Corneria, Distant Planet, Frigate Orpheon, Norfair, Green Hill Zone, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise

I do belive there are tornys upcoming in May aswell, so I'll keep updating this page when I get the word to advertice.
I'm not the host for this torny, but if you wish to have info, my email is jonnymanya@hotmail.com.

Copie

Smash Rookie
I spent two years living in residence at MUN. Although I'm back in Nova Scotia for the summer, and subsequently back with my Wii and able to play Brawl for the first time, I hope to get involved with some Newfoundland tournaments next year.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
My sister is going to university in Newfoundland next year, so I might drop in occasionally.

Halifax is getting a pretty good scene too. Last tournament we had featured 47 attendants, and a handful of the regulars were missing O_O

Copie

Smash Rookie
MUN is a ridiculously fun school. Residence life is unreal, so if she's in res she'll enjoy it. Hopefully there will be some tournaments on the go when you stop by. :p

Top Bottom