• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newer to mewtwo, strats for landing back on stage, and recovering?

The_ToolBag

Smash Cadet
NNID
mr.kasabii7
Hey guys, sorry, Im sure this has been posted before so please link me if it has.

I was just wondering what were some of the best ways getting back into neutral from above the opponent, and what are some of the best recovering strats?

Thanks

Mr. B

Smash Apprentice
One of the most useful things I learned was being able to teleport in whatever direction I choose. When you can do that, you can feint that you intend to fall left, and when they run* in to strike, teleport down and right (or vice versa). End the teleport touching the ground to minimise lag.

For more fun, learn phasing and reverse confusion to move erratically through the air... Unpredictability is important... Couple this with good spacing on the ground, and opportunities will arise to make use of Mewtwo's awesome punish game.

*if your opponent walks, rather than runs to intercept you on the ground, then you will have a hard time since he will be able to respond to your feint more effectively... There are no solid answers to this other than work on your timing, and know your hitboxes...

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
We have a Q&A thread as well as a Metagame thread. Please post there in the future.

Otherwise, check out my guide, it is stickied. I have a section on recovering and other off-stage things.

I also have a couple of videos that might help you. Follow the link in my spoiler and look in the Lab playlist for things like Ledge-options and recovery tactics. Good luck!

Top Bottom