• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newer Peach Help

Melbourne

Smash Rookie
So I've been playing PM for a while now and I've only recently decided to pick up Peach. She's always been fun and I just decided to go the extra mile and try and master her!

I'd like to ask all you peach mains how I can utilize float and other techs she may have? I can float cancel consistently, I can wave dash and wave land etc... I just can't seem to control her float, which seems one of if not the most important tool to utilize with her. I'm primarily asking how to float at varying heights. I already know how to float directly above the ground as well but I see other people floating right above people's heads and I can't do that without using my double jump and going straight up. An example, how can I float through a platform while directly jumping from the ground? How can I adjust my float as to where I can float directly above short characters like Squirtle and hit them from right above their Side B or something similar?

Thanks in advance.

(P.S) Whenever I float I have a lot of trouble doing an aerial and floating forward with it by using A or the C-Stick and I've been seriously considering moving Z to attack to make this easier on my hands, and change probably Y to grab. Would this actually work or am I overthinking here?

Last edited:

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
You can float at any point in a jump by holding down and Jump. Holding Down allows you to float sooner than having to wait for the end of the jump animation. Use float for approaches and recovery(if you still have it when you need to recover). Float is also good for edgeguarding. Sorry I took so long to answer your questions, and I sincerely hope you will return here if you have further questions :)

Melbourne

Smash Rookie
I figured it out on my own, thank you for the reply though.

Albeit a little late.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
So I've been playing PM for a while now and I've only recently decided to pick up Peach. She's always been fun and I just decided to go the extra mile and try and master her!

I'd like to ask all you peach mains how I can utilize float and other techs she may have? I can float cancel consistently, I can wave dash and wave land etc... I just can't seem to control her float, which seems one of if not the most important tool to utilize with her. I'm primarily asking how to float at varying heights. I already know how to float directly above the ground as well but I see other people floating right above people's heads and I can't do that without using my double jump and going straight up. An example, how can I float through a platform while directly jumping from the ground? How can I adjust my float as to where I can float directly above short characters like Squirtle and hit them from right above their Side B or something similar?

Thanks in advance.

(P.S) Whenever I float I have a lot of trouble doing an aerial and floating forward with it by using A or the C-Stick and I've been seriously considering moving Z to attack to make this easier on my hands, and change probably Y to grab. Would this actually work or am I overthinking here?
I play peach using the claw which mans i use the y button with my index finger and my thumb controls the stick and attack buttons, this makes floating in a direction and c sticking a lot easier and more effective. Not for everybody but it works for me. Also read the community peach guide thats being worked on currently in the peach threads

Jmanthedragonguy

Smash Rookie
Hello. I just picked up Peach as a main recently and she is super fun. I have some elementary questions however, but I didn't think they warrant making my own thread, and there doesn't appear to be a Q/A thread. If anyone has time to answer my question and help me out, that'd be cool and appreciated ^^

1. I know AGS exists and how to do it, but whats the point of it? When do I do it? Is it faster than a normal item throw? Or is it good because of the invulnerability frames of the air dodge? Can someone please elaborate on this ^^

2. Are the any audio cues for picking up the stitch faces turnips? Maybe I'm blind but half the time when I got a stitchy I don't realize it until it is too late. It seems hard to recognize, maybe I just have to be more observant.

3. I heard you can float cancel her dair, into down-smash etc. Around what height do I want to be floating, so that the hit stun from down air will allow me to get off a clean d-smash?

4. When using her aerials while floating, should I be using the c-stick, or the A button? Using the C-stick while holding X is tricky...

5. I know her wavedash is mediocre, but how is her waveland? Is it worth using for movement purposes?

6. After I get a better grasp on her float and spacing with aerials, what should I practice next for her? Does she have any bread n' butter combos that I should work on?

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
1. It's a movement tool. AGT up and down in particular cover a lot of distance and can basically function as a free jump, but her horizontal AGTs are pretty decent too.

2. No. A good TV and close observation are as good as you'll get in that department.

3. Generally you want to land a hit as close to landing as possible so that you maximize the time you can act while they're still in shieldstun/hitstun.

4. C-stick is generally the more flexible option, aside from nair for obvious reasons. I recommend remapping your controls for this reason; I use tap jump off, Z jump, R attack, Y grab, and X utaunt/footstool.

5. Her wavedash/waveland isn't very useful because it's so short, unlike characters such as Bowser and Ganondorf that have good wavelands but don't wavedash because of their long jumpsquats. It can be used to transition from air to ground in certain situations, but that's about it.

Jmanthedragonguy

Smash Rookie
1. It's a movement tool. AGT up and down in particular cover a lot of distance and can basically function as a free jump, but her horizontal AGTs are pretty decent too.

2. No. A good TV and close observation are as good as you'll get in that department.

3. Generally you want to land a hit as close to landing as possible so that you maximize the time you can act while they're still in shieldstun/hitstun.

4. C-stick is generally the more flexible option, aside from nair for obvious reasons. I recommend remapping your controls for this reason; I use tap jump off, Z jump, R attack, Y grab, and X utaunt/footstool.

5. Her wavedash/waveland isn't very useful because it's so short, unlike characters such as Bowser and Ganondorf that have good wavelands but don't wavedash because of their long jumpsquats. It can be used to transition from air to ground in certain situations, but that's about it.
Thanks for replying ^^ I thought a response might take awhile because the Peach forums didn't seem very active.
I'll try to change my controller methods and see if it feels more comfortable.

I was also wondering, since in PM you can catch items while using the air dodge, can you AGT the item in the same air dodge you caught it? I don't think so, but might be good to know.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Thanks for replying ^^ I thought a response might take awhile because the Peach forums didn't seem very active.
I'll try to change my controller methods and see if it feels more comfortable.

I was also wondering, since in PM you can catch items while using the air dodge, can you AGT the item in the same air dodge you caught it? I don't think so, but might be good to know.
You can, actually.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Yeah, you can. You can do some throw/catch shenanigans with that (you'll see Links do this sometimes as well), or use it to immediately throw bananas, bombs, etc back at your opponent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom