• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newer-ish player here. Tips?

CaptainPressTheXButton

Smash Rookie
NNID
CptPressX
I've been trying to get into PM / Melee for a while now but I am having trouble adjusting to the competitive ways of play. I'm more of a Melee spectator because I find it incredibly fun to watch. I have been more persistent in playing PM because it is slightly easier to pick up. Does anyone have basic tricks for me? I find Wavedashing to be somewhat clunky and awkward to do. I'm also really, really unsure of what characters to play. Some character recommendations would be great as well.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
if you like a character for whatever reason, try them out and stick with them for a bit.

if you just don't know where to start, i recommend marth, mario, or shiek. it's hard to kill yourself with them and they teach you good basic gameplay that you can export to a lot of the rest of the cast.

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
i also find wavedashing hard to do - consistently. i can't string more than say 4 in a row but i'll keep practicing. what i would recommend is practicing dashdancing as that is just as useful, break it up between what you practice.

learn how all the attacking moves with a work, learn how to use your tilts and aerial a moves, become good with that as that is your foundation, as well as the movement options. just use everyone and see how you like their moves and feel. roy feels great in PM imo, how do you feel controlling him? his dashdancing and ariel a moves and tilts are all sweet, should feel fun and challenging to get good with him.

Top Bottom