• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newely Discovered Diddy Kong combo / AT.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
you're in too much landing lag after the dair to continue any comboing...definitely escapable.
QFT

instead of dair i pivot grab/grab. either way they will slip or they will shield...which my grab beats both of those options

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
So is this combo / AT worthless? I've never seen it in any combo vids or anything, because it is undiscovered? Or useless?

And @Player-1, you defidently have time to react, the landing lag isnt that bad when comparing to the animation of the tripping.

Player-1

Smash Legend
So is this combo / AT worthless? I've never seen it in any combo vids or anything, because it is undiscovered? Or useless?

And @Player-1, you defidently have time to react, the landing lag isnt that bad when comparing to the animation of the tripping.
uhhh...yeah it is. this is useless.

Dekar173

Justice Man
P-1 your attitude is useless :)

As for the dair chain, if they shield (which is what they're most likely to do) odds are you're going to shieldpush them with your dair out of range of the naner.

In this game, safety is your #1 concern, especially when you're placed in the air where you can easily be sent into juggle, so be wary of using this against human opponents XD

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
P-1 your attitude is useless :)

As for the dair chain, if they shield (which is what they're most likely to do) odds are you're going to shieldpush them with your dair out of range of the naner.

In this game, safety is your #1 concern, especially when you're placed in the air where you can easily be sent into juggle, so be wary of using this against human opponents XD
Well, hopefully if they try to punish, it will be an attack like, lets say Squirtle's FSmash where they move slightly more forward, Maybe hit the banana and have him trip? Not totally useless, but risky.

What is your input Dekar? useful or not??
and P-1, lets not start a flame war here

Player-1

Smash Legend
i'm not flaming anyone...I'm just saying this is completely and utterly 100% useless and that you'll easily get punished for it. They have plenty of time to roll before you get out of the lag of the dair so there is no tech chasing if they already "tech" (so to speak)when you can't do anything.

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
Heres how I see it:

You land, they roll away from banana, by the time they get ready to do an attack, you should be at the stage of time where you can shield / dodge / roll backwards, etc. The landing lag really isn't as long as you may think.

Ofcourse, you main him, but i'm just saying. It isn't 100% useless. Maybe you wont get the Smash in, aahh well, you got the dair in. small chunk of damage

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I wouldn't go for this. Your opponent would just OoS F-air or aerial if the D-air hits shield to punish you. Instead of trying this, like DFEAR said, I'd just D-throw, autocancelled D-air downwards, and grab or pivot grab on landing. It's much safer, is still a good reward, and works if they shield or not. They have to react within a much tighter time frame to punish it.

or you could go for the SNL infinite but it doesn't work on Donkey Kong @_@. On most other characters, if they shield the D-thrown banana you just go for the grab upon landing like DFEAR described.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
This is just as unsafe as any SNL setup (Diddy above anybody is a bad idea in general), but even less safe because it puts you in landing lag afterward. If you really have "just started Diddy," I wouldn't be surprised that you don't understand just how much lag landing with a not-auto-canceled D-Air is. You have much, much quicker and safer options 99.9% of the time, and they all have better follow-ups (any follow-ups, for that matter).

That said, this had me impressed when I first saw it... Until I saw the D-Air landing. Nothing is completely useless, but there are better things you could be doing anytime you would consider using this.

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
Even so, the whole, banana drop - dair is useful, right? If not, we can just lock this thread.

if not, maybe fair / bair?

Haha, if anything it can completley throw your opponet offguard while he's thinking, "wtf are you doing?"

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
F-Air would be even worse; I think the landing lag is longer than D-Air, but I might be mistaken (F-Air's is half a second, I know that). You *could* D-Throw > B-Air and not have landing lag, but it's hardly worth it if that's all you do.

...Unless you catch the Banana with the B-Air, in which case you'd have follow-ups. But it is still never a good idea to be above your opponent with Diddy, and there are still better options 99% of the time.

EDIT: Unless you knock the opponent off the edge with the Banana (which would be EPIC
LY SITUATIONAL
; try doing that) and then spike them, sorry, D-Throw > D-Air has too much lag to be useful.

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
F-Air would be even worse; I think the landing lag is longer than D-Air, but I might be mistaken (F-Air's is half a second, I know that). You *could* D-Throw > B-Air and not have landing lag, but it's hardly worth it if that's all you do.

...Unless you catch the Banana with the B-Air, in which case you'd have follow-ups. But it is still never a good idea to be above your opponent with Diddy, and there are still better options 99% of the time.

EDIT: Unless you knock the opponent off the edge with the Banana (which would be EPIC
LY SITUATIONAL
; try doing that) and then spike them, sorry, D-Throw > D-Air has too much lag to be useful.
If the landing lag for FAir is 0.5 seconds, that isn't so bad, if that is the case, it wouldn't be the best for it to be done at low percents, right? Because the FAir is one of Diddy's kill moves if i'm correct? So it has good knock back potential.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
If the landing lag for FAir is 0.5 seconds, that isn't so bad, if that is the case, it wouldn't be the best for it to be done at low percents, right? Because the FAir is one of Diddy's kill moves if i'm correct? So it has good knock back potential.
40~ frames of ending lag...which means A SMASH ATTACK= DEATH.

do what dekar said...which is common competitive knowledge...why do such a thing when u can just literally throw a banana, if u see them trip...follow up and if they shield...then dont lol
on a totally nonadaptive playstyle of course lol....

Top Bottom