• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomers theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Part.1 : The theory

I just see this interesting video made by "Slyke The Hedgehog" and it gives me theories about the newcomers. First, look at the video below for more understanding.

To begin, I want to correct something said in the video about the Mii: They are obviously not present in this mode. During the showcase of the Showdown Battle, why would they put every announced characters yet but not the Mii? This is because they aren't playable in this mode. It's not like there isn't a space between Greninja & Palutena. The reason could be that they might be too random/game changer (or just because you need to create them first).

Smashdown.png

There are two numbers that fit the description : 72 & 84. We have actually 68 characters (excluding the Mii), so we will have either 04 or 16 newcomers but having 16 newcomers sounds delusional. So the total number of newcomers has to be 04 (echo fighters included).

Part.2 : The Predictions

Now that we can guess the number of newcomers, the new "problem" is : who? There are no correct answer at this point so please keep in mind this is just a theory, a game theory! Feel free to tell me what you think about all of this and add elements.

1) Shadow (Sonic)
I personally hate Sonic (in Smash) and I don't want to see "two Sonics" in the game, but there are hints that he might be in the game. Indeed, while he has been an Assist Trophy throughout Super Smash Bros. Brawl up to Super Smash Bros. 4, he hasn't been shown during the Nintendo Direct 08.08.18 but Knuckles did though he isn't as popular as him. He will be an Echo fighter of Sonic, of course.

2) The Legend of Zelda's newcomer
Something interesting about the Zelda's character in Ultimate is their design being taken from various era of the franchise (see below). We can notice that one Era of the franchise is missing : (2006-2011) "The Next Generation". I don't know that series that much so I don't know who could complete the list.
  • Link - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Era: 2013-Present).
  • Sheik - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Era: 2013-Present).
  • Toon Link - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Era: 2002-2005, Four Swords)
  • Young Link - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Era: 1998-2002, The 3D Era).
  • Ganondorf - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Era: 1998-2002, The 3D Era).
  • Zelda - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Era: 1986-1993, The Beginning).
Though there is another possibility that Hilda (from The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds) could be added as an Echo fighter of Zelda. Both shares similar designs and could be animated the same way.

Other new characters :

I have no ideas about the next two characters... But with no new girls (/waifu) announced during the previous Nintendo Direct, I guess that this time we will have more female characters announced. What are your though about this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom