• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomers that you want in Smash for a silly reason

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Banjo & Kazooie: To Reunite the Former Nintendo Characters with their Former Comrades before being bought by Microsoft
Evil Ryu: Heroes vs Villains; and to be an Enemy Without for Ryu; if he were to fall to the satsuo no hado
Heihachi: Because he was a Mii Fighter Costume before
Geese Howard: To Hear his famous Engrish such as; Predictabo, I'll stain my hans wif yo brud
TJ Combo: C-C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Banjo & Kazooie: To Reunite the Former Nintendo Characters with their Former Comrades before being bought by Microsoft
Evil Ryu: Heroes vs Villains; and to be an Enemy Without for Ryu; if he were to fall to the satsuo no hado
Heihachi: Because he was a Mii Fighter Costume before
Geese Howard: To Hear his famous Engrish such as; Predictabo, I'll stain my hans wif yo brud
TJ Combo: C-C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker
Or Bowsette: Because she's hot and Popular in BOTH the Western AND Eastern Hemispheres. and Because Peach Rejected Mario in Super Mario Odyssey.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Camilla (Fire Emblem) - Because she's sexy
Goku & Shrek - I want them mostly for the outrage they will cause. Maybe I want Steve for the same reason.

Or Bowsette: Because she's hot and Popular in BOTH the Western AND Eastern Hemispheres. and Because Peach Rejected Mario in Super Mario Odyssey.
Almost forgot about her but my reasons is that I like any form of Peach. Plus she's sexy and will piss off the right people :)

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I want Cranky Kong, Capp'n Cuttlefish, Peppy Hare, and Toadsworth added so they can team up and go against Ness, Lucas, Inklings, and Bowser Jr. to show these young whippersnappers how it's done!

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I kinda want Shadow out of a nearly malicious reason.
Sure, I love the Sonic series with all my heart, despite everything, but I don't really enjoy quick, rushdown oriented characters at all.

I kinda just wanna see people get upset that their idea of a "pure" Smash has been infested with mediocrity and "cringe" and "edge". It's gonna be pretty funny.

Also kinda hoping he could be Sonic, but without two specials being the same move.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee so Kirby will complete FE’s weapon triangle before FE itself does (since I recall hearing hammers being counted as axes in FE).

King Boo so I can spook people to the blast zone.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
If Sora makes it into Smash Ultimate, I want Nomura to make Sakurai create a story mode specifically for Sora that KH fans will have to play through to understand the plot to KH3.
Dang, dude I don’t even know what to say but...

9C904A1C-DB04-4C30-9790-08B60D88B55D.gif

But anyway, I basically want Geno because he’s a living star that possesses a puppet with a gun arm.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Pokemon Ranger (Lunick/Solana), because we already have the one occupation that is Pokemon Trainer, so we might as well include the overlooked occupation!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Cranky Kong and Earthworm Jim: I have legitimate reasons for both, but Jim giving Cranky whatfor for being called a "No-Hoper" is a bonus.
Tiny, Lanky and Chunky Kong: Besides reuniting the Kong family, I mostly want them in to justify the DK Rap's inclusion in Smash.
Masked Royal: So we can all have the Gen VII starters and put an end to those silly arguments.
Bonk: So I can see if Sakurai can have Air Zonk as his FS. Oh, and reuniting the 90s console rivals.
Duke Nukem: Because you must always bet on Duke. Also, the prospective fan art of him trying to hit on the other ladies.
Rash: I'd like to see how his CGI trailer handles his comical Smash Hits.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Moosh from the Oracles games has been a secret legitimate desire of mine for years. I want other Zelda characters first, but Moosh would bring a smile to my face.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Misty (Preferably GSC design) as another Pokémon Trainer: Because she's my favorite Gym Leader, and to put the entire Smash fanbase out of its misery.:ultridley:

(I'd prefer Ridley over :4pacman: as a Smash-themed troll emote, personally)

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Yeah, I was forgetting about Mr Bison, I'd want him in Smash for the YESH meme, especially associated with Cpt Falcon who also has a YES meme.
YES vs YESH, who would win?

EDIT: Actually, Falcon's is YESZ.

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Goku from Yuyuki.

The salt from the Dragonball fandom would season all French fries for the next 30 years.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, the only reason I even have a tiny amount of want for Ninten is because he's the first one and he'd complete the Mother trio.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Brah, just play PlayStation All-Stars.
Ewwww no thanks. I played PSASBR to see if it was good and honestly it wasn't. It doesn't play like Smash and there's no real polish or incentive to keep playing, and I'm confident that if Ratchet and Clank were in Smash, their PSASBR moveset would be a reference for how NOT to make a moveset.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Thank goodness that meme has been dying down. I can't wait for it to be forgotten.
Even if it's slowing down, it's still trending on Japanese Twitter, there's at least a hundred of submissions on Twitter every hour or so, roms are coming out of the wood work, and it sure ain't gonna be forgotten anytime soon with Bowsette.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
King Hippo and the Eggplant Wizard.

We finally got Simon, Megaman, and Pit together, bring on the Captain N bad guys.

Plus I think they could actually be fun to play as.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Lycanroc simply because he's not Incineroar.

Ayumi or Style Savvy, just to see mundane, powerless teenage girls beating up characters who are extremely powerful.
Likewise, Erdrick, for the Goku comparisons.

Mike Cometa

Smash Rookie
-Crash because he´s crazy and if spirits is more similar to Subspace than to Melee Adventure (As it should) it would be hilarious to see him interacting with other characters (Is also the main reason because I want Crash in base roster rather than as DLC)
-Joker: Because i want Persona in the switch (I don´t know if this count as crazy or legit reason)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Even if it's slowing down, it's still trending on Japanese Twitter, there's at least a hundred of submissions on Twitter every hour or so, roms are coming out of the wood work, and it sure ain't gonna be forgotten anytime soon with Bowsette.
Let's also not forget that the meme will likely spike back up again when that cosplay event happens and when NSMBUD happens.

Anyway, characters I want for silly reasons...
-Peachette, and not just because of the memes(Though that is a bit of a factor now). I actually made the Peachette thread before Bowsette was even a thing, and I originally made it as a test ground for getting more involved with Smashboards. I did not expect any of the stuff to follow, but it has really made me root for her.
-Dry Bones, for pure biased nostalgia(He was my go to for MP8 and MK Wii).

NukeA6

Smash Master

I'd like to add Kitty White on my list of characters I want just for the outrage. Plus, she's got her own Nintendo appearances including Hello Kitty World, Sanrio Smash Ball, and Super Mario Maker. If anything, she's legit even if she's not exactly a videogame character.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Bonk - Because I want 16 bit console wars to have their last place mascot.

Nester/Lark: because I want old Nintendo Power comics to be in some variety of smash disc

Birdo or Poison - just to troll everyone who will now be offended at a possible trans character when they’ve been playable in games before and never been found offensive.

Linkle - Essentially the same troll as Birdo or Poison, just for people who now get offended by female varieties of protagonists.

Mike Jones/Zoda: Because I think if they appear, I’ll get Star Tropics 3.

More Uprising characters: To troll people who are still salty over Palutena and dark pit, also to make it more likely to have Uprising 2.

Phobos_Anomaly

Smash Cadet
DOOMGUY because I'd love to see Nintendo replace all of his violent weaponry with like popguns and stuff.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Crono. but only if his reveal has you first see his hair before you see it's him. so that everyone will think Goku is about to be announced for smash but instead be led into the biggest troll in gaming history.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Shadow, because I know that his ultra-edgy quotes are gonna crack me up.

Also, his current VA also voiced Don Patch from Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo. Any indirect reference to the greatest anime of all time is a win in my book.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Let's also not forget that the meme will likely spike back up again when that cosplay event happens and when NSMBUD happens.
Indeed, and already the talk about her has reignited with that recent Breath of the WIld mod for Bowsette.

Anyway, I would love to have Crash Bandicoot in, if only to have a retread of the infamous "Plumber Boy" routine.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Anyway, I would love to have Crash Bandicoot in, if only to have a retread of the infamous "Plumber Boy" routine.
That would make an excellent reveal trailer. He shows up at the NoA building in the classic routine, and then Mario, Pikachu, Yoshi, and DK walk out in there costomed look from the original Smash commercial, ready to challenge Crash.

Top Bottom