• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer: Simcam enters stage left!!

Slushi Simcabi

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,
I've been lurking on these forums for a while now, reacting with you guys to all the smash bros development news. I figured it was time for me to join the fray myself and offer some personal input on this game's development.

A little bit about me,
I'm a pretty good singer, I was Rolf in the Sound of Music (for all you theater junkies out there, Sixteen going on Seventeen) in my high-school and have had a couple other fun roles.
My favorite smash franchises are Fire Emblem, Pikmin and Pokemon (in no particular order) and my favorite non- Nintendo game would probably have to be Team Fortress 2.

Looking forward to discussing with you all!

Any tips for interacting with members/ not getting trolled??

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yay, even more FE fans ^_^

But anyways, you'll probably want to take a look at the Global Rules first. And think before you post. That helps. Not everyone will agree with all of the things that you may say, but no one should be outright trolling/flaming you for no reason. The community is pretty friendly overall though.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Hi! Welcome to Smashboards! :)

For interacting with other members, just be friendly and all should work out. For not getting trolled, however, there's nothing really you can do. We all get trolled. Just ignore it and move on.

Slushi Simcabi

Smash Cadet
Yay, even more FE fans ^_^

But anyways, you'll probably want to take a look at the Global Rules first. And think before you post. That helps. Not everyone will agree with all of the things that you may say, but no one should be outright trolling/flaming you for no reason. The community is pretty friendly overall though.
Is your avatar from Ghost in the Shell???

I just finished season one and am looking forward to what the next season has in store!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
That's awesome, The Major is a neat lady.

It's cool that I met another GiTs watcher so quickly around here, I don't even watch that much anime!
I find it pretty funny since very few people have brought up GiTs around here. You're the only one to my knowledge that immediately recognized The Major (well, that said something about it anyway). The only other one around on the forums that I know is a GiTs fan is @ Virgilijus Virgilijus because well...look at that avatar :p

Slushi Simcabi

Smash Cadet
I find it pretty funny since very few people have brought up GiTs around here. You're the only one to my knowledge that immediately recognized The Major (well, that said something about it anyway). The only other one around on the forums that I know is a GiTs fan is @ Virgilijus Virgilijus because well...look at that avatar :p
I was playing through Awakening earlier and realized that she and Sully are rather similar (in both appearance and personality) :p

But yeah, I have been planning on following up on season 1 for a while now, but I have been quite busy working the past few weeks, so little has been accomplished in that regard.
Does the tone of the series change at all in season 2 or...?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I was playing through Awakening earlier and realized that she and Sully are rather similar (in both appearance and personality) :p

But yeah, I have been planning on following up on season 1 for a while now, but I have been quite busy working the past few weeks, so little has been accomplished in that regard.
Does the tone of the series change at all in season 2 or...?
I've always thought that. Like, if you just dye Sully's hair purple/lavender/black, she is the spitting image of Motoko Kusanagi :laugh:

And I would answer that question, but I'll let you find out for yourself by watching. I tend to spoil things, even when answering simple questions because my inner-fanboy comes out and I just start ranting. I could simply say "Yes" or "No", but that's not good enough.

Hm, I'll just say that things are "darker" in the second season. Definitely as good as the first one though imo.

Last edited:

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
You assume correct. I have a tradition of rewatching the two seasons (and Solid State Society) each year. Easily my favorite anime.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
You assume correct. I have a tradition of rewatching the two seasons (and Solid State Society) each year. Easily my favorite anime.
I'm currently rewatching the film (2008 remake). Pretty much plan on going through the timeline all over again.

Top Bottom