• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer: Jill from Drill Dozer (NOT Jill Valentine >.<)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Let me just point out that I'm not the only one shoving this character. She did pop up once on the polls, if I'm not mistaken, and I've seen other fans such as ourselves creating ideas for her to be in the game.

And, irregardless, it's not like she can't get a redesign. Geez...:embarrass

tirkaro

Smash Champion
why are people saying she is ugly? she looks pretty cute IMO.
she would be a good addition to smash. she is pretty unique. I never played her game, but it looks like fun.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
No comprende Español... :(

At any rate, detail isn't such a big deal as long as it gives a goo visual image of what the moves would look like.

And I just may start up my own deviantART site - my sister already has one.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

It would be nice to have a mech fighter in SSBB, but wouldn't it be possible for Jill or her Drill Dozer to do short "A-Button"-like attacks? If so, then she could fight like Tron Bonne from the MegaMan Legends series and Hoover (Baby Head in America) from Captain Commando. See Tron Bonne and Hoover in this video footage of Namco X Capcom.

El HP

Smash Ace
Drill Dozer was a solid and entertaining game very underrated, jill would be a good adittion she is an unique character and her appereance would help in sales if a sequel to Drill Dozer comes.

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
Yes!

Though I would preffer to wait a decade and add her as a classic character, but that's just me :p .

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
This is actually one of the most plausible, workable, and just plain awesome character possibilities. A great number of the character suggestions are based on how cool a character looks instead of how they would play in Brawl. Jill and her Drill Dozer are so well suited to Smash Bros, it almost seems like they planned it that way. The simple yet versatile design of the drill dozer itself could very easily lead to one of the most unique and interesting new move sets in Brawl.

I would heavily urge all doubters to play the GBA game. Within 5 minutes of playing, it should become painfully clear that the character design has potential to be a great Smash Bros character beyond 95% of the character suggestions on these boards. Plus, having Jill as a playable character would let people know the game exists and could directly contribute to turning Drill Dozer from an underrated gem to a fruitful Nintendo franchise, which is what this brilliant game deserves.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
YES! Jill would be awesome! Though, I have to wonder how Kirby would look inhaling her.

EDIT: Drill Dozer was one of my favorite games besides Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Possible Jill Moveset

Woo! After teaching some posters about Jill's awesomeness in @Wiseguy's gigantic character prediction thread, I was motivated to come up with a moveset for everyone's favorite girl theif that drives a drill-wielding robot:

-A ATTACKS-

A - Left Jab
AA - Right Jab
AAA - Left Uppercut

Dash Attack - Jill slides forward on the Dozer's underside, drill bit extended (think baseball slide).

Tilt Side - The Dozer's arms jab forward then sweep out.
Tilt Up - Three rapid upward punches with the Dozer's arms.
Tilt Down - Jill spins and sweeps low with the Dozer's arms.

Smash Side - Drilling hit a la Bowser's Smash Up: a few little hits that draw in the victim, then a big knockback blow.
Smash Up - Jill sticks the Dozer's arms out to the side, claps them up together and drills upward.
Smash Down - Jill drills into the ground, spinning the Dozer's body and striking both sides.

Neutral Air - Jill spins horizontally, striking both sides with the Dozer's arms.
Up Air - Jill backflips and the Dozer kicks upward.
Down Air - Pogo drill downward. Jill meteors the enemy and gets a little hop out of it.
Forward Air - A one-two forward move, Jill quickly drills in front and then separates the Dozer's arms to knockback the enemy.
Back Air - One of the Dozer's arms swings around and backhands behind Jill.

-THROWS-

Grab - Simple, she just grabs the enemy with the Dozer's arms.
Grab Attack - Jill stands up in the Dozer and hits the enemy held in the Dozer's arms.

Up Throw - The enemy is held high and Jill headbutts them upward.
Down Throw - Slams the enemy at her feet and drills downward into them.
Front Throw - The Dozer's arms come up together as the drill, spin the enemy and releases them forward.
Back Throw - The Dozer's arms come up together as the drill, spin the enemy and releases them backward.

-B SPECIALS-

B - Starts the Dozer's drill. Holding B keeps the drill running, releasing stops it. Pressing B again while the drill is running will shift gears (for those that haven't played the game, the drill becomes more powerful when shifted up to a max of third gear). Jill can walk with the drill running, but she will stay facing the direction she started drilling regardless of which way she walks. She cannot jump while drilling. The drill blocks projectiles, but explosive ones risk hitting Jill as the drill isn't very long.
Side B - Jill tucks into the Dozer and dashes horizontally, riding on its drive gear; can be a side recovery move (this was a move in Drill Dozer to fit in small tunnels and cross gaps).
Up B - Air Prop. A propeller sprouts from the nose of the drill, which lifts Jill up and floats her down. I see this being a very floaty jump for an otherwise quick falling character; the Dozer isn't a good jumper. If Jill catches an enemy from below, they'll be drilled into as she passes through them.
Down B - Jill drills into the ground and unearths a random throwing item. These items would be exclusive to Jill like Peach's turnips, ranging from simple rocks to the treasures found in her game.

-FINAL SMASH-

Red Dozer Backup Attack! The Red Dozer HQ van drives across the stage, plowing enemies and sending them flying.

I've read FlipTroopa's starter moveset and was glad we had such similar ideas. Seriously, I was going to start this thread myself if it didn't already exist (but I'm glad it does). It's good to see that I'm not the only one aware of the awesomeness that is Drill Dozer. Anyhow, hope you all enjoy!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
So I finally bought this game today and, well...she should be in SSBB. Definately. Somehow in some way, shape, or form, Jill should be in SSBB. :/ :\

This thread also needed a good bumping after a three month's rest.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Judging by the description and reasoning for her, I think she would make a nice addition. I hope that Brawl will add a few new franchises into the mix, instead of just increasing the representation of existing SSB series.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
So I finally bought this game today and, well...she should be in SSBB. Definately. Somehow in some way, shape, or form, Jill should be in SSBB. :/ :\

This thread also needed a good bumping after a three month's rest.
Right on! Thread necromancy at its best :laugh:

JILL FOR BRAWL!!!

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Again, sorry for the confusion with RE's Jill Valentine. That was a dumb mistake on my part.

I got to playing Drill Dozer recently. Great game. But she really needs more than just drills in that Dozer.

Only other option would be an AT appearance.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Again, sorry for the confusion with RE's Jill Valentine. That was a dumb mistake on my part.

I got to playing Drill Dozer recently. Great game. But she really needs more than just drills in that Dozer.

Only other option would be an AT appearance.
Yeah, while she certainly could be an AT (and I'll be honest, I'd just be happy if she was in Brawl at all), I'm gonna shoot for the moon on this one. Check out FlipTroopa's special moves on the first page and my moveset on the 4th page if you've any doubt her drill isn't enough for a full moveset.

JILL FOR BRAWL!!!

dooky

Smash Cadet
I finally managed to get hold of this game and, well, I'm sold on the idea. She has a lot of potential to be a truly unique fighter. As stated elsewhere, the combination of small and heavy is something we haven't seen before, quite apart from her unusual look (and I don't just mean the eyebrows).

An appearance in Brawl, if it happened, would go a long way to sparking interest in this inexplicably ignored franchise: we may yet get a sequel, or at the very least a European release of the original (I had to import my copy. Boo, I say!) I don't know how to rate her chances. I'm not very good at this character predictioin thing... Too much self-doubt, I suppose. So I'll just say that, regardless of her chances, in my view she really deserves to be included.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
ugh.

I really, REALLY hate to say this, since I wanted jill in badly, but if you saw the castle siege vid on IGN,....jill.....is...an.. ASSIST TROPHY ;_;

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
ugh.

I really, REALLY hate to say this, since I wanted jill in badly, but if you saw the castle siege vid on IGN,....jill.....is...an.. ASSIST TROPHY ;_;
;_;

Still, it's cool to see her in there, DURING gameplay footage. That's one lucky ******* in the video.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Look on the bright side guys, Jill IS in the game. I'm plesantly surprised that the folks at Sora even know who she is...
Agreed. As much as I wanted her to be playable, it's great to see that she got AT recognition. Now I can start hoping for Drill Dozer 2...:chuckle:

Joka

Smash Journeyman
She was made by Game Freak remember? Of course they'll know. I for one am dissapointed that Jill couldn't be playable. But I was happy to see her in Brawl!

By the way, Jill hates Yoshis. That's why she drilled him.
:D

Top Bottom