• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer here...

ToyGunslinger

Smash Rookie
So, after a while of smashing on the console, i finally got a hold of controller adapter. Been playing a couple of times last week, but a bit on the laggy side unfortunally. Nicknamed Ink at the time, did i play anyone here?

Anyway, im playing in a 2ghz 256 ram, 64 vid card, on a cable modem. Is that not enough for a decent play speed? is the lag caused by pc performance or by the net conection?

Thanks in advance.

hebrewhammer

Smash Apprentice
There's always a slight delay when compaired to the console, but that machine seems like it would just barly cut it. If you want to ensure better performace get another 256 stick of ram and a slightly better video card.

ant-d

Smash Lord
Playing offline with a good computer will result in no delay.

Actually, a good PC+emulator will run the game better than the N64.

ie. No typical-N64-lag under 4 player mode w/ full resolution etc etc.

Edit:

This is in my personal experience with E6400 3.3GHz C2D, Geforce 7800 GS 256MB, 2GB 800MHz Corsair XMS2 running with Mupen/PJ64 at 1600x1200 resolution. I'm sure a much slower machine can still get the same results, since this is able to play PS2 games relatively well it's pretty overkill for N64 emulation.

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
where do i check my vid card how much vid card i have?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
I used to have the same build but with a 2.4 ghz. It could run 4 player with hardly any lag (57-60 fps) and could run 2 player perfectly. Just shrink your screen size down a bit and then the game will run better.

antd that comp is a beast.

Top Bottom