• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbrunswick Players?

Inraika-Zero

Smash Cadet
Hey, Anyone here from New Brunswick? I live near Fredericton (About an hour away) And I was looking for some smashers around my area.. its so plain playing online.. Im only 14 so I can't really meet up with smashers, but if there is any tournaments being held in Fredericton, I could easlily come and play.
But im really just posting to see how many other smashers live in NB.. maybe we could get a Score borad set up or something... Anyways, it would be nice to here from other smashers in my area.

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
im living in Fredericton because im attending UNB if theirs any tourneys post here so I can go to them plz :)

AAP

Smash Journeyman
this thread is kinda old but...as you can see i am a New Brunswicker. Figured i'd throw a shout out on here. I am also living in the Fredericton area and am wondering how much of a scene there is. Who knows how competitive it is but with the Universities there must be some small groups of smashers scattered about out there.

I would imagine with the right connections i'm sure UNB would have the facilities to host a smash tourney. I don't have the contacts to organize such a thing, but would be more than willing to help anyone who is thinking about putting something together. Anyways drop me a PM if anyone was kinda thinking of trying to pull something together, or if they were simply looking to add another smasher to their group.

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
Even if you don't really play Melee, would you be willing to help with practice? I really have none, and I'm going to Impulse in July.

Rich will probably want to have a huge gaming sesh anyway. What do you think? We'll probably play SSB64 as well.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I can play some melee, but I get tired of playing it after a bit. How do you plan to get to Impulse?

Aren't you and Rich far away from Fredericton?

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
We live in Moncton, which is like an hour and a half away from Fredericton. We can easily go there if its toofar for you.

Pretty sure I'm flying to Impulse.

amplifierworship

Smash Rookie
I live in Dieppe. Me and another guy here are pretty serious about Melee. Anyone in the Greater Moncton Area need practice partners?

BTW, I started a a group on Facebook called Hub City Smash. Look it up, it's been pretty dead (it's comprised of me and a bunch of people I know who have a casual interest in Smash), but I'd love to meet anyone living in the area willing to organize events/tournaments, or just meet up and play friendlies sometime.

Niko_K

Smash Master
So how interested would everyone here be in attending a Canadian national in St.Catharines for Melee? It will attempt to include the majority of small communities which exist throughout our nation in clusters from province to province. I have a large venue with a 200+ capacity that I can rent for a mere $200 daily including bar to purchase soft drinks or alcoholic beverages with ID. This means that the day is covered from 20 individuals paying their venue fees allowing us to divert the excess funds from venue fees into a pot bonus to either extend who places within the money or increase the earnings of those who win.

Considering that it's a beachside venue I would aim to have this run Mid-End of July. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

amplifierworship

Smash Rookie
I would definitely be willing to attend any reasonably sized tournament here in NB!

I'm in Sackville most of the time for uni, but I'm in Moncton April-August and sometimes on weekends.

Likeness101

Smash Apprentice
Fredericton, New Brunswick & Freeport, The Bah
I currently live in Fredericton and am looking for people to play Melee or Brawl to play with. I don't have a car so I can't freely go to Moncton to play with people but I am looking for people to play with. Also for people interested in a Brawl tournament UNB Fredericton is having a CoD tournament with a Brawl tourney being a side event. I am still trying to find the rules for the tourney but I am looking into entering and being able to play with new players

amplifierworship

Smash Rookie
My parents' house is in Dieppe, my apartment is in Sackville. I'd be totally down to meet up and play some Melee (I'm sure JerFlip would be too), unfortunately I've been pretty busy with spring classes lately. I'll have a lot more free time around the end of June though :)

Sqiddwr

Smash Rookie
My parents' house is in Dieppe, my apartment is in Sackville. I'd be totally down to meet up and play some Melee (I'm sure JerFlip would be too), unfortunately I've been pretty busy with spring classes lately. I'll have a lot more free time around the end of June though :)
Sounds awesome, we should do that.

Sqiddwr

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway I can contact you/Jerflip? I`m really wanting to get some matches in sometime.

amplifierworship

Smash Rookie
Yup, send me a personal message with your Facebook info or something, and I'll add you up. I'm just wrapping up my final projects for my spring classes, I'll be free by Friday or Saturday at the latest.

Stryker

Smash Journeyman
Hello
I'm a Project M player who will be moving to Saint John at the end of the month. (Maybe moncton, but at this point, SJ looks more likely.)
I've already spoken at Hub City Smash 4 when I went, but I just wanted to post here to let others know.

Stryker

Smash Journeyman
Update. Will be moving to moncton at the end of the month. If anything smash related is going on around the first weekend of May lemme know! I'll probably post this on the fbook page as well :)

BenjieJay

Smash Rookie
Just crawling into this thread to say that I'm a Project M player in the moncton area, looking to just find some people to play with and practice with (since I have yet to find any smash players around here)

Top Bottom