• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Year's Smasholutions

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Forgive the terrible title, but what are your smash specific new years resolution?

Mine:
  • Master D Throw Roll
  • Convert to GC Controller
  • Iron out input errors with more offline practice
  • Get top 32 at Beast VI
  • Not cry when Samus doesn't get buffed in February
And I believe our collective goal should be to break the perception that Samus is bottom 5, as our once faithful recently stated:

Last edited:

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
- Win a tournament here in my country (using Mario and Samus)
- Attend a tournament in Spain or another european country (no Beast VI this year though)
- Keep being Portugal's best Mario and best Samus.
- #free3stock

and get Samus outta bottom 5 (in my mind she already is out).

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Produce mammoth how to combo video pushing metagame forward. (I'll succeed here, not much of a resolution).
Improve all the basic and advanced tech skill I've been neglecting for lab work on combos.
Somehow find time to go to a tournament.
Achieve character mastery.
Pick up a secondary (spend some real time on it, not just basics, likely megaman but waiting for end of DLC).

Afro Smash Afro Smash Where's that community Samus highlights video in your list? ;)

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Produce mammoth how to combo video pushing metagame forward. (I'll succeed here, not much of a resolution).
Improve all the basic and advanced tech skill I've been neglecting for lab work on combos.
Somehow find time to go to a tournament.
Achieve character mastery.
Pick up a secondary (spend some real time on it, not just basics, likely megaman but waiting for end of DLC).

Afro Smash Afro Smash Where's that community Samus highlights video in your list? ;)
Waitin on more people to send clips!

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Oh yeah I'm also gonna test out ledge camping more in tournaments, particularly in MUs where our neutral is trash

Last edited:

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Iron out my misinputs (biggest killer here)
Spend actual time in the lab. (I did this for fox...practicing off stage gimps/kills and I'm very confident in keeping him off now)

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
There's gonna be so much crap about Samus now because of Esam's tweet.
My resolutions are to get good at Samus' throw combos and keep a secondary for more than a week (looking into Link now, even though he covers none of our MUs... Still fun though.)

I think a lot of the characters considered "bad" have things going for them, just like Samus, so people who know them will think they aren't bottom ten... But the thing is a character could be pretty reasonable competitively like Samus and still potentially be bottom 10 because there are a lot of good characters. Bottom 5 is ridiculous and Esam is obviously salty/johning something (because his

:4jigglypuff::4palutena::4zelda::4ganondorf::4link::4shulk::4lucina::4marth::4littlemac::4duckhunt:

All have multiple MUs on the same level of awfulness as Samus' two awful MUs, Pika and MK. Link might wreck a lot of characters, and then has so many horrible MUs that make Samus' across the board look good. There isn't room in bottom 5 for Samus.

Last edited:

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
My smasholutions:

• Work hard under the guidance of the Samus Community
  • Start attending local weekly tourneys at the barcade in Eugene and win as Samus
  • get my overall FG win Percentage up to 70% (if at all possible)
  • create more content for the community to enjoy (miiverse sketches,Samus artwork, maybe videos)
  • To always strive to harbor no resentment nor fuel arguments in our community in order to spread peace, understanding and an aura of kindness within' the Samus Board.

D

Deleted member

• Be able to go to more locals and regionals this summer, get myself acquainted with Central Florida's Smash community.
  • Get top 8 at a 100-man or larger tournament.
  • Generally improve upon my play and dedicate my time to :4wario:, :4mewtwo: and :4myfriends: in competitive play.
  • Become the best :4dedede: player in the state!

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
  • Don't suck anymore
  • Work on my neutral heavily
  • Attend a local/regional
  • Get people to realize Samus is bottom 6 not bottom 5 Do my best to improve Samus' reputation, even if it's minimal
  • Actually do a combo

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
My smasholutions:

• Work hard under the guidance of the Samus Community
  • Start attending local weekly tourneys at the barcade in Eugene and win as Samus
  • get my overall FG win Percentage up to 70% (if at all possible)
  • create more content for the community to enjoy (miiverse sketches,Samus artwork, maybe videos)
  • To always strive to harbor no resentment nor fuel arguments in our community in order to spread peace, understanding and an aura of kindness within' the Samus Board.
Well I'm well on my way for accomplishing #3,
I got it up to 60.03% on my overall, and in the last 587 matches under the new tag "J Tier" I'm at 72%
Learning a lot from you all, thank you guys so much for all the help

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Well I'm well on my way for accomplishing #3,
I got it up to 60.03% on my overall, and in the last 587 matches under the new tag "J Tier" I'm at 72%
Learning a lot from you all, thank you guys so much for all the help
Funny you use J-Tier...people call me that a lot they even almost changed it for our power rankings as seen here! Good job on the improvement! Keep it up.

Attachments

Top Bottom