• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Years Smash Resolution?

Dinotard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Onehardtard
3DS FC
2766-8060-2134
Just wondering if any of you guys some room for Smash in your New Years Resolution

My resolution is that I plan to be the Best C.Falcon player in NYC, and eventually the Atlantic North.

I have a very long way to go though and I hope that I can Get the amount of practice I need to reach this goal.

I Wanna take it to Apex 2016.

What About you guys?

Drippy

Smash Ace
Hmm... meet NAKAT at a tournament and winning first place in a tournament. Hopefully going to APEX one day too as well? I don't really have the money for out-of-city tournaments though ):

Dinotard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Onehardtard
3DS FC
2766-8060-2134
Hmm... meet NAKAT at a tournament and winning first place in a tournament. Hopefully going to APEX one day too as well? I don't really have the money for out-of-city tournaments though ):
You may just have to win your Local tourneys and get enough cash to go out of city. Could be an option.
I would love to see an Olimar taking a tourney.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
To get into the competitive scene? Nah, that'll never happen.

Something easier... 100%ing the game? Nope.

:4ness::4gaw::4olimar::4duckhunt::4pacman::4kirby:
Completing my Amiibo collection (if they even come out)? Close enough. I have Kirby already.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I might actually 100% do all challenges... on the 3ds. Screw the wii u version challenges. I already got 93 / 105 and the ones are easy to get but I'm too lazy to get to it like completing all star with all characters.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Start going to local tournaments and get first place in at least one of them

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
You may just have to win your Local tourneys and get enough cash to go out of city. Could be an option.
I would love to see an Olimar taking a tourney.
Yeah that's true... I actually didn't think of that haha. I was hoping to get a job at my school's cafeteria next year and saving up for a Wii U because I've been practicing on a 3DS. Yeah I only started playing Olimar today so maybe it's to soon to call myself a Olimar main but he's one of the characters I have enjoyed playing the most so far! :)

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Try to improve some of my skills and see what I might be doing wrong against more professional players that I run into sometimes. (They cut my booty like grass... It makes me get kind of frustrated. XD)

Maybe try to do some more challenges and possibly get a Luigi Amiibo. (Not sure what I'd do with it besides try to make it as OP and impossible to beat as possible.)

Last edited:

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
Learn how to :4darkpit:
Get some Amiibos (and hope to god Wario's is :4wario2: and not :4wario:)
Find/compete in a local tourney

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Improving my Rosalina skill and getting the amiibos I want. That's all I got.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
My resolution is to actually learn from hopeless losses rather than just falling limp/selfdestructing/losing all sense of self-worth and going on a depressed spiral.

...it didn't even take me ten hours to completely blow that resolution.

Last edited:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Uh, to get good at the game. Everybody says Smash requires dedication; well I spent the day getting destroyed and boy am I exhausted. I just want to be able to stand up for myself in the game, and just continue getting better from there. I may also try to find some tourneys to go to, but I'll most likely just go to watch. Probably try and show up early for possible friendlies and advice.
Wish me luck :p

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering if any of you guys some room for Smash in your New Years Resolution

My resolution is that I plan to be the Best C.Falcon player in NYC, and eventually the Atlantic North.

I have a very long way to go though and I hope that I can Get the amount of practice I need to reach this goal.

What About you guys?
To play less smash and pay more attention to my family.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
2 days late (Australian)

I'd like to win a local tournament, Ive came second once (Thanks diddy) but getting first would be a huge accomplishment for little ol' Ness.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I'm gonna learn how to play Guilty Gear to take my understanding of fighting games to the next level.

EZdelFresco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaliKid_E
I wanna try to get my local scene more active. Hopefully I'll be streaming local tournaments soon.

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
Definitely improve in general. I have some bad habits when it comes to competitive, such as being too predictable or easily getting punished. I need to learn how to be more patient and read others well.

I'm also hoping to enter online tournaments, since high school and the lack of a license is currently prohibiting me from really entering locals and whatnot. A laggy For Glory and CPUs are getting pretty tiring, yet that's all I have to work with for now. Hopefully when I get my license and I enter college, I can have an easier time finding and attending locals.

Dinotard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Onehardtard
3DS FC
2766-8060-2134
Definitely improve in general. I have some bad habits when it comes to competitive, such as being too predictable or easily getting punished. I need to learn how to be more patient and read others well.

I'm also hoping to enter online tournaments, since high school and the lack of a license is currently prohibiting me from really entering locals and whatnot. A laggy For Glory and CPUs are getting pretty tiring, yet that's all I have to work with for now. Hopefully when I get my license and I enter college, I can have an easier time finding and attending locals.
I have to start working on my patience and reads as well.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Enter a tournament with people I don't know.

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
To spend less time in For Glory and more time in For Fun. I've been treating Smash more like a chore than a game I play to have good times and memories in.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Do a local tournament.

Find a competitive scene in my area (I live in a town of 2000).

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
  • Get a :4rob:amiibo (if it even comes out this year).
  • Learn how to consistently beat:4fox:,:4darkpit:, and:4yoshi:. (God knows that last one probably isn't gonna happen.)
  • Git gud at:4bowserjr:.
Hey, I'm a massive casual when it comes to Smash. I'm going easy here.

Last edited:

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Further improve my :4shulk: play and try entering a Smash 4 tournament or two.

Vic

Smash Cadet
NNID
victimer3
Ambitious but my biggest goal this year is to become one of the top smashers in the midwest/Chicago area. It probably won't happen in one year but at the very least I want to place in the top 3 at the midwest tournaments I plan to go to.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Actually go to a Smash4 tournament. Will probably have to wait until graduation to have time/money for that, though.

poomonkey14

Smash Rookie

What About you guys?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm already probably the best Mario in this state. So, extend that title I guess. Maybe the best Mario in the South or some **** like that. Who knows some good Marios down South?

ME GRIMLOCH

Smash Cadet
NNID
MeGrimloch
I want to get tilts into my playstyle (been a massive casual for years and havn't had the need for tilts most of the time) and i want to get better at pac-man. Entering an online tourney would be nice to.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I did not do new years resolutions, so no.

Shulkamania

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatguy13
I want to get better at using Shulk and at least place top 8 in a tournament.

Top Bottom