• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new wolf edge guarding tactic

aequitas.veritas

Smash Apprentice
i was practicing today and came across a cool trick that you can do to edgeguard someone who is hanging onto the side. now, i realize that it is PROBABLY a 'take your opponent by surprise' technique than an actual advanced staple technique. but, it works fairly well and im going to use it in my game for those people who constantly wait on the edge anticipating an attack from you.

anyways, all i do is as they are hanging on and i am in a position close enough to the edge to fsmash or grab them when they come up, i sh and do a nuetral a to tear them from the platform, use a jump [towards the stage or up] and quick aerial attack (fair or bair), then do a WALLJUMP OFF THE SIDE OF THE EDGE and attack again if necessary. meanwhile you still have your recovery and you have a fairly good chance of ko. ive done it a few times vs cpu9 . have yet to try it on people but i think its a good trick to have in your arsenal. kinda like a double reverse in football. you wont use it that often, but it can kick *** in the right situation.

btw, anyone know how to record on your wii with a flash memory card. i wanna show video of stuff without having to record it with a camcorder

(i should add that this technique only works on stages like battlefield with a cliff/equivalent)

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
no, he's talking about how you can nair and in the middle of your sh still have your hitbox touch the opponent on the ledge. Then when they are off, you can shfflc (wolf can do it) a fair, then walljump into another one and recover. It is a useful technique, I'm gonna get used to it cuz wolf needs more edgeguards as it is. I use the walljumps alot to surprise T. Link with an uair if they get close enough, but no other good uses so far.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
assuming ur on yoshi's island that is... i for one am not about to risk this on FD and DEF not battle field / smashville

so can we name this valken drop re-vamped?

aequitas.veritas

Smash Apprentice
i should edit, this is extremely hard to do on battlefield. even though thats where i first did it, you can actually only wall jump off the very tip of the level, whereas i thought i had been jumping off the dirt underneath. timing is crucial. much easier on a level with straight edges

Top Bottom