• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Weekly NYC Tournament

TheTwistedHero

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheTwistedHero
Hey, so i recently started going to a new weekly tournament in Game Champ located in brooklyn NY. There is a 5$ buy in for entry, and tournament runs starting from one, with casuals going before and after the tournament. its a small area, but i would like to see it grow, as the NYC smash scene kinda sucks

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
Yeah go figure. I mean woohoo Nebs is back yay. But does it REALLY have to be the only venue?

So the big question is...which game?

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Store owners/ TO's are really great guys. Hope this plays grows in popularity and possibly attracts some more players (and betterones. Would hate to see Nesstus win each week..)

Icheibi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Icheibi
Hey are there any links to this event and such? The nyc smash 4 scene is terrible and I've been looking into how I can get more into the competitive scene!

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Hey are there any links to this event and such? The nyc smash 4 scene is terrible and I've been looking into how I can get more into the competitive scene!
The event is pretty new. And small. I believe there's one tomorrow (the third one so far I think?)
They don't have a site yet. The details though are:
Every Sunday
$5 entry
Double Elimination
Starts 1 PM, friendlies start at around Noon
I believe its bring your own controller. Not sure..
Address:
Game Champ
514 5th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11217
United States

Hope that helps!!

Last edited:

Icheibi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Icheibi
The event is pretty new. And small. I believe there's one tomorrow (the third one so far I think?)
They don't have a site yet. The details though are:
Every Sunday
$5 entry
Double Elimination
Starts 1 PM, friendlies start at around Noon
I believe its bring your own controller. Not sure..
Address:
Game Champ
514 5th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11217
United States

Hope that helps!!
Screenshotted. Yes that did help. Thank you sooooo much man. I think going tomorrow would be too soon haha. I'm part of a couple Sm4sh groups on Facebook, one being the huge Competitive players group, and a tangent of that group, we're called the Smash Mob. Most of them are insanely better than I am, so my confidence isn't all that high. I'm really looking to get better, and that really could be a first step. Tytytytyty

Off Vocal

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0147-0822-2386
These still going on? I'd like me and my crew to come through if possible so I'd like a response ASAP so I can relay the information.

Garret Silver

Smash Rookie
NNID
PacoSilver6
Hey is there a doubles part as well? And are there any age restrictions on it? I would love to finally start getting to do some tournaments semi locally. Thanks in advance!

Aljay

Smash Rookie
Hey is there a doubles part as well? And are there any age restrictions on it? I would love to finally start getting to do some tournaments semi locally. Thanks in advance!

Well depends on how many people that show up to run doubles. But we had a pretty good turn out on sunday yesterday. No age restriction. You can bring your own controller if you'd like. Or you can always borrow one from the guys.

Aljay

Smash Rookie

Well depends on how many people that show up to run doubles. But we had a pretty good turn out on sunday yesterday. No age restriction. You can bring your own controller if you'd like. Or you can always borrow one from the guys.

Top Bottom