• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Villain Thread: Playable, AT, or Boss?

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
The following are 20 of the most evil, crazy, villainous, wicked, bad ***, Nintendo characters.

The Question is simple: Which or the characters should be either:

A) A playable character

B) An Assist Trophy

C) An Adventure Mode Boss

D) Should stay the **** out of Brawl

Bowser Jr. - seems to be a favorite for a Brawl spot (Mario Sunshine)
Kammy Koopa - has aided Bowser in multiple games is is her time to fight? (Paper Mario)
Waluigi - He has appeared in spin-offs and party games; why not Brawl? (Mario Tennis)
King Wart - He threw plants at Mario back in '88 but fell off Nintendo's radar. Comeback? (Super Mario Bros 2)
7 Koopa Kids - This group of of Koopalings have been bosses before. (Super Mario Bros. 3)
Axem Rangers - These Power Ranger lookalikes are very popular to Mario fans (Super Mario RPG)
Shadow Queen - the demon behind the Thousand-Year Door is pretty bad **** and would make a cool female character (Paper Mario 2)
Fawful - Cackletta's crazy and surprisingly funny servant who is indeed memorable (Mario and Luigi)
King K. Rool - DK's very own villain; known for the tumor in his left eye (Donkey Kong Country)
Wizpig - A giant wizard pig from a different planet who likes to race other animals (DiddyKong Racing)
King Deedee - it was talked that he was going to be in the very first Smash (Kirby's Dreamland)
Nightmare - the main villain in Kirby's Adventure
Ganondorf - doubtful that he won't come back playable (Legend of Zelda)
Skullkid - another fan favorite; the poor forest kid who stole the wrong mask (Majora's Mask)
Eggplant Wizard - an interesting villain from the Kid Icarus francise along with appearing in the cartoon "Captain N: The Game Master"
Black Knight - He's a black knight with a huge sword and cape; need I say more? (Fire Emblem)
Ashnard - the main villain in Path of Radiance, he has a dragon and looks awesome (Fire Emblem
Ridley - its hard to find someone who will say Samus' rival won't be in Brawl one way or another (Metroid)
StarWolf - Fox's arch rival appeared in the opening of Melee (StarFox)
General Scales - he's a freakin' Samurai dinosaur. (StarFox Adventures)

Other Mentionable Villains:
Grodus (Paper Mario 2)
Cackletta (Mario and Luigi)
Birdo (Super Mario 2)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)

Give me your predictions and comments and questions.

k.k.slider25

Smash Rookie
all are pretty memorable in their own right but axem rangers(although they are awesome), shadow queen, and the fire emblem villains probably have a lower likelyhood b/c they lack name recognition that some of the other characters have (even cult ones like eggplant wizard and fawful)

if ridley is playable it would be firggin awesome and would add to the representation of the metroid universe.

JonnyJinx

Smash Cadet
I think:

Bowser Jr. - Playable
Kammy Koopa - Not in
Waluigi - Playable
King Wart - Not in
7 Koopa Kids - Not in
Axem Rangers - Not in
Shadow Queen - Not in
Fawful - Assist Trophy
King K. Rool - Boss
Wizpig - Not in
King Dedede - Playable
Nightmare - Boss (maybe)
Ganondorf - Playable
Skull Kid - Boss
Eggplant Wizard - Assist Trophy
Black Knight - Playable
Ashnard - Not sure... Boss, perhaps.
Ridley - Boss or Playable (or both)
Star Wolf - Playable
General Scales - Boss or Not in
Grodus - Not in
Cackletta - Not in
Birdo - Assist Trophy or Background Feature

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Hmm let's see now.

Bowser Jr.: He seems to be a rather popular Mario boss and has some potential. A,B,C

Kammy Koopa: I really don't know much about Kammy so I'm guessing. B,C

Waluigi: Eww eww eww I don't even know why people want him he's so unimportant. D or B is the best he can do.

King Wart: Not much to say. B and even that's pushing it.

7 Koopa Kids: somewhat unique I could see them being in as AT's or Mini bosses. B,C

Axem Rangers: Umm they may not even be in the game at all depending if Nintendo can get rights or not to SMRPG. So no answer.

Shadow Queen: not much to say B,C maybe

Fawful: Somewhat popular. B,C

King K. Rool: DK may need some more rep. A,C

Wizpig: As of right now Diddy doesn't seem to be using anything from DCK. So D for now.

King Dedede: Personal Creation of Sakurai. Top character suggested on the Poll. Recurring boss in the Kirby series. More important than Metaknight to the series; Metaknight would of never been playable if King Dedede wasn't. A and C

Nightmare: Adventure Mode boss only perhaps AT. B,C

Ganondorf: Not much needs to be said. A and C

Skullkid: I honestly don't know what to think about this one.

Eggplant Wizard: I can only see him as an AT. B

Black Knight: An okay villian I'm a bit iffy about his inclusion as a playable character though considering adding him over rep FE9 imo. C

Ashnard: Same as above I can only see him as. D

Ridley: He speaks for himself. A and C

StarWolf: even though I'm still a bit iffy about him. A and C

General Scales: Sorry I don't see him getting in. D

Grodus: :/

Cackletta: :/

Birdo: falls under the Waluigi factor. D maybe B

-Knight

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bowser Jr. - Maybe Playable now that we have seen the FLUDD

Kammy Koopa - Never heard of this person...what about Kamek though?

Waluigi - Seriously, he deserves NOTHING but a fight between Mario Bros and Wario Bros does seem pretty cool...He'd need a redesign though...Can't have new school Wario with a Mario scheme outfitted Waluigi

King Wart - Wart is awesome....Want to see him but most likely no...

7 Koopa Kids - If they were in any form, it would be awesome...AT???

Axem Rangers - Most likely...Nothing...not even a mention.

Shadow Queen - Ok, never heard of this person...though ironically I do own this game...never played it though.

Fawful - Have heard of this person...Never played a game with him in it so I have no opinion.

King K. Rool - Boss most likely...highly doubt on the PC thing but would like it...

Wizpig - Maybe a mention...maybe a Boss??? Prob neither...

King Deedee - PC....Dedede for Brawl ya'll!!!!

Nightmare - NIGHTMARE SUCKS....DARK MATTER FOR BOSS!!!! Dark Matter> Nightmare

Ganondorf - PC

Skullkid - With the exclusion of Kid Link (From OoT, most likely) Skullkid has NO chance.

Eggplant Wizard - Regular enemy...why not mention Medusa???

Black Knight - PC

Ashnard - Not even a mention

Ridley - PC

StarWolf - Maybe PC?

General Scales - Not even a mention in Brawl

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Nightmare - NIGHTMARE SUCKS....DARK MATTER FOR BOSS!!!! Dark Matter> Nightmare

Skullkid - With the exclusion of Kid Link (From OoT, most likely) Skullkid has NO chance.

Eggplant Wizard - Regular enemy...why not mention Medusa???
Nightmare - I would have to agree with Dark Matter, (i'd take a giant eyeball over a weird floating magician anyday.

Skullkid - I thought they were revamping Kid Link to be more like Windwaker Link? eh that doesn't really matter, but I just love SkullKid and think he should at least be in BRAWL

Medusa - I'll put her name on the list (there was no good picture of her from the game)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nightmare - I would have to agree with Dark Matter, (i'd take a giant eyeball over a weird floating magician anyday.

Skullkid - I thought they were revamping Kid Link to be more like Windwaker Link? eh that doesn't really matter, but I just love SkullKid and think he should at least be in BRAWL

Medusa - I'll put her name on the list (there was no good picture of her from the game)
WWLink is what I meant...with no Oot Young Link, SkullKid looses all chance of being in Brawl. Same with Oni Link.

Caael

Smash Lord
Ridley is playable. That's all that needs to be said.

Kirby King said:
Brawl hits US shelves December 3rd and might come out in Japan before that. There's got to be at least a couple weeks (maybe more like a couple months) for manufacturing and printing discs, which means the game has to be totally done by then. And before that, the game has to finish undergoing localization, which is going to come after all the tweaking and balancing and bugtesting that would inevitably accompany adding a character or whatever. If you think they're still making character roster changes at this late in the game you're out of your mind.
Just thought you might like to know that.

Cinder

Smash Master
The following are 20 of the most evil, crazy, villainous, wicked, bad ***, Nintendo characters.

The Question is simple: Which or the characters should be either:

A) A playable character

B) An Assist Trophy

C) An Adventure Mode Boss

D) Should stay the **** out of Brawl

Bowser Jr. - seems to be a favorite for a Brawl spot (Mario Sunshine) PC
Kammy Koopa - has aided Bowser in multiple games is is her time to fight? (Paper Mario) SE boss
Waluigi - He has appeared in spin-offs and party games; why not Brawl? (Mario Tennis) Stay the ****out!!
King Wart - He threw plants at Mario back in '88 but fell off Nintendo's radar. Comeback? (Super Mario Bros 2) AT
7 Koopa Kids - This group of of Koopalings have been bosses before. (Super Mario Bros. 3) AT or Bowser Jr. alt costume
Axem Rangers - These Power Ranger lookalikes are very popular to Mario fans (Super Mario RPG) SE bosses
Shadow Queen - the demon behind the Thousand-Year Door is pretty bad **** and would make a cool female character (Paper Mario 2) SE boss
Fawful - Cackletta's crazy and surprisingly funny servant who is indeed memorable (Mario and Luigi) AT
King K. Rool - DK's very own villain; known for the tumor in his left eye (Donkey Kong Country) AT
Wizpig - A giant wizard pig from a different planet who likes to race other animals (DiddyKong Racing) Stay out
King Deedee - it was talked that he was going to be in the very first Smash (Kirby's Dreamland) PC
Nightmare - the main villain in Kirby's Adventure Idk, AT at most
Ganondorf - doubtful that he won't come back playable (Legend of Zelda) Why ask...PC definately!!
Skullkid - another fan favorite; the poor forest kid who stole the wrong mask (Majora's Mask) PC/AT
Eggplant Wizard - an interesting villain from the Kid Icarus francise along with appearing in the cartoon "Captain N: The Game Master" AT
Black Knight - He's a black knight with a huge sword and cape; need I say more? (Fire Emblem) PC
Ashnard - the main villain in Path of Radiance, he has a dragon and looks awesome (Fire Emblem) Idk
Ridley - its hard to find someone who will say Samus' rival won't be in Brawl one way or another (Metroid) SE boss or PC *prays for PC*
StarWolf - Fox's arch rival appeared in the opening of Melee (StarFox) PC or SE Boss
General Scales - he's a freakin' Samurai dinosaur. (StarFox Adventures) SE Boss

Other Mentionable Villains:
Grodus (Paper Mario 2) SE Boss. if anything
Cackletta (Mario and Luigi) SE Boss or AT
Birdo (Super Mario 2) Yoshi Alt
Medusa (Kid Icarus) AT, if anything

Give me your predictions and comments and questions.
And those are my predictions...not that I think they're definately true...but you never know;)

Top Bottom