• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*New* Vids of my Pit! (2Dios)

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
So. . . .I was at a Brawl tournament today, and we recorded almost all of my Pit fights. My friend said that Pit was too good, He said he won't put up the videos because Pit's broken.

Oh, and I'd also like to mention that the video tape was his, but the capture device he's using at the moment is mine. He said I could have my capture device, but not the tape. It's so frustrating!!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Unlike most Pits, and most Brawl players I've seen in general, you don't look like trash.

Good stuff, sir. Continue to practice.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
I love using Glide! If you use the glide slash near the ground, you have NO lag after it. I like to Glide slash then up tilt. And Mach7, is it okay to join more than one Guild? I'm in an Ike guild, but I like playing Pit alot too!

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
So. . . .I was at a Brawl tournament today, and we recorded almost all of my Pit fights. My friend said that Pit was too good, He said he won't put up the videos because Pit's broken.

Oh, and I'd also like to mention that the video tape was his, but the capture device he's using at the moment is mine. He said I could have my capture device, but not the tape. It's so frustrating!!!
Is your friend like, 8 years old.

"You beat me in a video game, I'm not putting your video up, nyah nyah!"

otter

Smash Ace
It seems like you were using the arrows at REALLY close range, and even if it hits you're getting punished.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
So, just to let you guys know, I'm uploading some Pit matches as we speak, so they should be ready to view on the morrow. I'll update this thread/post when they are done! Some cool stuff in em!

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Why, thank you! I plan on recording some more later this week (against more than one character hopefully), and putting them up. Thanks for the kind praise!

LunaEqualsLuna

Smash Apprentice
Nice vids, I love watching better players than myself cuz I learn new things quickly ^^

I main pit as well and I've also being using lots of the stuff you do like taking advantage of the lagless landing from the rising neutral A to buffer into an immediate uptilt (this move delivers epic win for me too! =D )

I didn't know that his glide attack was lagless on landing as well, that opens up another dimension.

To those that say it doesn't deserve its own thread, it is CERTAINLY more useful than the 101 tier lists, X feature in brawl is broken or brawl will suck threads. I welcome more vids.

I look forward to more vids.

Thx =D

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
Nice vids, I love watching better players than myself cuz I learn new things quickly ^^

I main pit as well and I've also being using lots of the stuff you do like taking advantage of the lagless landing from the rising neutral A to buffer into an immediate uptilt (this move delivers epic win for me too! =D )

I didn't know that his glide attack was lagless on landing as well, that opens up another dimension.

To those that say it doesn't deserve its own thread, it is CERTAINLY more useful than the 101 tier lists, X feature in brawl is broken or brawl will suck threads. I welcome more vids.

I look forward to more vids.

Thx =D
I'm sorry but when I first posted in this thread there was only 1 vid that could easily be posted in the pit videos thread I didn't knew he was going to upload more

Hikarihoshi

Smash Cadet
Whoa, your arrows aiming skills are so amazing! xD Out of all the pit videos I watched so far, you are the best I've seen so far. Good job. =D

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Thanx! I plan on recording some more this following week. I'll get them up as soon as I can. I plan on putting up some against other characters as well (Not just G-dorf).

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Dang your one of the best Pit's I've seen. I'd say that you and DEHF are the best for now. You have differnet styles.

EDIT: Just a question. I am editing so that I don't double post. I made a thread called A request About Pit's Glide or something like that and I was just curious if you or someone could make a video demonstrating how good his glide is, and the attack and such. I asked you because you use it alot in battle so I thought that you'd know.

C Dawg009

Smash Cadet
I always like seeing Pit vids, especially when the user doesn't suck. I have a few questions on how Pit is played. (I have a broken 'P' key on my laptop, so bear with me.)

1. Does Pit play well in your opinion? Is he worth maining?

2. Do you find it frustrating that Pit has a lack of killing moves? If so, how do you compensate for it?

3. I heard that B air is Pit's best killing move. Is this true? Do you find yourself using it often?

4. Now, Ganondorf is just a bad character, but in other matches you've had, have you found out which characters Pit is strong/weak against?

5. And finally, is Pit fun to play?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I am just eager to find more out about my favorite Brawl character. He seems really fun to play. I'm seriously considering him as a main.

*EDIT* Nice vids btw. Sorry I didn't mention that before. They were really enjoyable. Especially the one on battlefield when you spiked Ganondorf. ^_^

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Does Pit play well in your opinion? Is he worth maining?
I love the way Pit plays. He's very speedy, and maneuverable. Kinda floaty though. It takes a bit of getting used to.

Do you find it frustrating that Pit has a lack of killing moves? If so, how do you compensate for it?
I don't think Pit lacks them, you just have to get your opponent to a higher percentage than some other characters. I compensate for it by racking up the damage and poking them. I also try to bait them into using certain moves to get back from the edge.

I heard that B air is Pit's best killing move. Is this true? Do you find yourself using it often?
I think that Pit's B-air is one of his best killing moves, but it is sometimes hard to hit with. I like using D-smash to kill people, and recently, D-air.

Now, Ganondorf is just a bad character, but in other matches you've had, have you found out which characters Pit is strong/weak against?
I still have trouble against a good Jigglypuff, and Rob. Metaknight is an even match. And I've fought a pretty formidable Lucas and Ness. Lucas can kill Pit at very low percentages with his Up-smash:(

And finally, is Pit fun to play?
Pit is really fun to play! Especially if you can get the hang of aiming his arrows, and for me personally, I really enjoy using his Mirror Shield to block attacks. It's great for stopping dashing attack advances. Also, his glide is a very good approach. After the slash, there's no lag, and you can up-tilt or grab or whatever.

LunaEqualsLuna

Smash Apprentice
I'll through in my two cents as well. I'm not as good as DM but i enjoy Pit a lot and am decent with him

1. Does Pit play well in your opinion? Is he worth maining?
Without a doubt, fun hero that matches up well against many characters

2. Do you find it frustrating that Pit has a lack of killing moves? If so, how do you compensate for it?
He does have reasonably good killing moves (not spectacular) I personally like using his forward tilt as an edge guard, it has a deceptively long range.

3. I heard that B air is Pit's best killing move. Is this true? Do you find yourself using it often?
If you define best as the move with the most knock back then yes. Personally like his forward tilt and f-smash a bitmore. Bair can be a bit tough to land against fast opponents.

4. Now, Ganondorf is just a bad character, but in other matches you've had, have you found out which characters Pit is strong/weak against?
I have trouble against game and watch. Might be that i just suck though.

5. And finally, is Pit fun to play?
YES

I think anyone who plans to main pit won't be dissapointed. I had planned to main peach but peach blows so i switched to pit and he's amazing.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Nice game i'm hoping 2 see some new ones from you in the future do you think pit is overpowered like i've been hearing about?

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Definitely not. He's light, he does have some hard time killing certain characters, and some of his aerials come out slower than you think. I always seem to get outprioritized/outhit by Meta and Jiggly.

ROCn

Smash Cadet
Nice vid against peach. Do you have any tips against peach off the top of your head for pit? because my best friend was like the God of oklahoma and he used peach in ssbm and i mained samus and he would just dominate everybody all the time, it took like a year to finally find strategies while using samus for peach. But watching that vid. pit seems naturally anti-peach. is this true?

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
I don't know:( I've fought the one Peach player. He's the only one that played Peach that tournament. No one in my general area plays Peach in Brawl very much. The Peach player was from Washington.

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
The mirror shield looks monstrously effective if used correctly. And Pit's recovery puts Jigglypuff to shame.

"And the gold medal for the long jump AND the high jump goes to: PIT!"

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So we all know pit has great recovery and can stay in the air but do you think he has stronger air or ground game for killing and combo moves?

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
I think it depends on which character you are fighting. He has a couple of air moves that can kill light to moderate weight characters, and several ground moves that kill heavier characters. Against heavy/bad recovery characters, you can just arrow spam/jump out and intercept edge hog them:)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
thanks for the info i played on saturday and he is way sweet thanks for the info i cant wait to play the game again. So that people know pit is way cooool but sonics fs is broken.

Luckman

Smash Rookie
****, Pit can easily recover from any strong attack that knocks him far back. His up + b last kinda long

Top Bottom