• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new venue

Force

Smash Apprentice
one to two months down the road I may buy a building with awesome A/C, get a food liscense and a butt-load of TV's to make an awesome venue Equidistant from Tampa to Orlando, I live about 45 minutes from both of them(almost exactly in the middle of I-4) I would host the following tournies:

The new guilty gear
SSBM
SSBB
Naruto GNT 4
the new soul calibur(Ps3)

WoW private server 2v2+3v3 arena tournies with default gear sets.
and the much waited for starcraft2.

if i do this it will be a major investment so i'm just curious on opinions about the location. who is willing to drive to?? http://www.mapquest.com/maps/lake+alfred+fl+33850/
zoom out to get an idea.
if you look i'm located equidistant from spring hill too and pretty much in the exact center of florida. Comments please? Big life decision for me.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
sounds pretty cool, there are a lot of smashers in CFL so i'm pretty sure people would go if you hosted a SSBB or SSBM tournament.
i would most likely go

Laijin

Smash Hero
The new GG has been out for almost a year and 1/2.
I dont think it can be called new anymore.
Thats like saying. "I'm hosting a tournament for the new Killer Instinct game".
Well. I guess that could work out..but it just does'nt sound right. lol.

Anyways. Its called Accent Core.

Force

Smash Apprentice
The new GG has been out for almost a year and 1/2.
I dont think it can be called new anymore.
Thats like saying. "I'm hosting a tournament for the new Killer Instinct game".
Well. I guess that could work out..but it just does'nt sound right. lol.

Anyways. Its called Accent Core.
thanks, is there a large accent core community ready to spring into action in florida? i am totally clueless when it comes to guilty gear, our main venue is gonna be brawl/melee but i'd like to get people to play gg too

Laijin

Smash Hero
thanks, is there a large accent core community ready to spring into action in florida? i am totally clueless when it comes to guilty gear, our main venue is gonna be brawl/melee but i'd like to get people to play gg too
Yep.
Florida has a pretty large Guilty Gear community actually.
Check out dustloop.com
its the Guilty Gear equivalent to smashboards.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
That would be pretty neat. I'd try to make it out to as many tournies as possible. Just be careful and don't make a rash decision that could destroy your future opportunities in buying things. I wish you the best of luck though.

Force

Smash Apprentice
Finch where the hell u been biatch, if you'da got ahold of me you coulda came out with me and my friends last night. We had some fine *** girls with us, (i even got 2 hooters girls to agree to come to the rock bar we went to after they got off) Gimme ur number nub. and no it's not gonna be a lan center it's gonna be a competitive gaming "arena" X)

Nerodragoon

Smash Apprentice
Heh gnt4, be careful with that one. The competitive seen for that game died last year pretty much. However with the release of the horrible time skip naruto games it wouldn't be impossible to revive it, maybe get more people playing it. I still like the game just haven't had reason to play it in a while. As for the game arena idea in general, it sounds really cool. I don't know exactly what you had in mind but if your main source of income is throwing tournies then entry fee's might get a little steep. If you're really serious about running a competitive gaming buisiness i'd think about throwing in some FPS's. those rake in a lot of people. (specially halo)

Gindler

Smash Champion
Finch where the hell u been biatch, if you'da got ahold of me you coulda came out with me and my friends last night. We had some fine *** girls with us, (i even got 2 hooters girls to agree to come to the rock bar we went to after they got off) Gimme ur number nub. and no it's not gonna be a lan center it's gonna be a competitive gaming "arena" X)

I have no idea whether to believe this story or not :laugh:

But in all seriousness, I think anywhere less than an hour from UCF would be popular with the orlando kids for smash tournies. Just don't schedule them the same weekend as Gigs tournies, but of course that goes without saying.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Force, this idea would be really cool, but it'll be very difficult for you to successfully run this as a business. If you try to do this, then you should host some FPS tournaments too. They will help with getting income. I'd try to support you as much as possible, but I live in Jacksonville so I can't really come to every tournament. :( Good luck.

Show some pictures of the venue, by the way.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Yea this would be great as long as the entrance fees weren't any more than usual.

And like Nero and Gmoney said, hold halo tournaments and possibly computer FPS tournaments if you want to try and make a decent income.

If the venue was really nice it could easily be home to a 50+ person monthly Brawl tourney. I'd recommend a ton of fans.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
one to two months down the road I may buy a building with awesome A/C, get a food liscense and a butt-load of TV's to make an awesome venue Equidistant from Tampa to Orlando, I live about 45 minutes from both of them(almost exactly in the middle of I-4) I would host the following tournies:

The new guilty gear
SSBM
SSBB

Naruto GNT 4
the new soul calibur(Ps3)

WoW private server 2v2+3v3 arena tournies with default gear sets.
and the much waited for starcraft2.

if i do this it will be a major investment so i'm just curious on opinions about the location. who is willing to drive to?? http://www.mapquest.com/maps/lake+alfred+fl+33850/
zoom out to get an idea.
if you look i'm located equidistant from spring hill too and pretty much in the exact center of florida. Comments please? Big life decision for me.
bolded are my choice.

For FPS tournaments, if you do a DoD:S tournament OMG, that would be so awesome.

Edit: Gindler, are you back home? If so when do you get back?
dude holy **** are you like amazing? you play DoD:S too? give me your steam friends name, nao!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well guys, this would be a lan center too, so there would be some comps for people to just come in and play, along with consoles and tvs to play whatever, but me and force love competitive play, so he wanted to focus on that more than it just being a regular lan center. of course, it being a regular center wont have anything to do with you guys, since you wont be here as regular comp. using customers, but you will hopefully be here for all the tourneys.

I think theres gonna be at least one a week, if this goes down. I'm probably the better organizer/planner between the two of us, so I'll probably be taking care of all scheduling of tourneys and whatnot if he wants

Gindler

Smash Champion
For FPS tournaments, if you do a DoD:S tournament OMG, that would be so awesome.

Edit: Gindler, are you back home? If so when do you get back?
Ah, man DoD. I was soooo awesome with the grease gun, everyone hated me "winning" with the worst gun in the game :laugh: Of course source probably isn't as easy :bee:

Nopity Nope, not back yet. I should be heading back in not too long, some chick is taking me to get a haircut first, apparently 2 inches is too long these days? :laugh: Why? is there a whole lot of awesome things I've been missing?

Top Bottom