• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New use for Pit's arrows?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Nice kill but more of just luck then somthing to really try to do. But ill keep it in mind in my fights against D3.

kupo15

Smash Hero
yup but this gets me thinking. For some strange reason when you go high on your own you dont die. Pit can do a wing refresh up to the top, cancel the wings into three jumps and another WoI and still not die. I have no idea why this is but if you shoot an arrow at a pit up there, will they die?

That is basically what happened there. While this situation is rare (DDD never uses Up B that high or in that situation) this could be applied to other characters like snake. It isn't uncommon for a snake to Up B really high.

Or what happens if you shoot a metaknight/kirby doing his Uthrow to your teammate?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
yup but this gets me thinking. For some strange reason when you go high on your own you dont die. Pit can do a wing refresh up to the top, cancel the wings into three jumps and another WoI and still not die. I have no idea why this is but if you shoot an arrow at a pit up there, will they die?

That is basically what happened there. While this situation is rare (DDD never uses Up B that high or in that situation) this could be applied to other characters like snake. It isn't uncommon for a snake to Up B really high.

Or what happens if you shoot a metaknight/kirby doing his Uthrow to your teammate?
Ya did you ever here of the luigi ladder here it is. You can push your self to the top of the screen and and attack with the slightest knockback will push you out. Think of it like a bubble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO8NqlwiGv4

kupo15

Smash Hero
lol yea i no about the luigi ladder but I remember in melee being able to purposely kill myself up there as link....i think

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Links bombs hurt himself causing death. Characters can go infinitely high up and could since Melee, provided they aren't hit by an attack. Wario's flatulance is the one exception.(And explosives with timers.)

kupo15

Smash Hero
i no about the bombs but I think I bombed myself to a safe distance into an up b and killed myself. But w/e it doesn't matter ^_^

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
You can go as high as you want, but in order to die off the top, you have to be hit by something. A bomb, C4, arrow, etc.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yea, I happened to loop an arrow at a Snake who was way up there and it killed him. I liked it.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So my friend and I were teamed up for a tourny he was his winning IC's (I hate them so much) and he was hit high up on the screen he was going to die and I pegged him with an arrow and it saved him. (His Nana died though)

kupo15

Smash Hero
oh to stop the knockback, you need to time that well because it does nothing if you hit them right away

kown

Smash Lord
So my friend and I were teamed up for a tourny he was his winning IC's (I hate them so much) and he was hit high up on the screen he was going to die and I pegged him with an arrow and it saved him. (His Nana died though)
wait wouldnt the arrow kill him? did ur arrow hit Nana making her die? or was it like a looped arrow that pushed him towards the stage? thatd be kinda sick if thats what u did.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
The reason Nana died is because she wasn't intersepted so she kept going. No there was no arrow loop I just shot it strait up. If I had shot the arrow later then I would have missed or he would have been high enough for the arrow to kill him.

kown

Smash Lord
oh so the arrow stopped his momentum of going out of the stage. Is that really what happened cuz im pretty sure ive shot ppl in the sky that were going out of the stage and it didnt look like it had an effect.

kupo15

Smash Hero
it doesn't if you shoot them too early similar to Rise and Drop Dairs like Zamus or sonic doesn't work until the momentum wears off

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, you cannot die if you go outside of the vertical killzone on your own, unless it's a scrolling stage like that new Donkey Kong stage. However, if you get hit while there, you no longer count as being their due to your own accord and die. This is what happened.

kupo15

Smash Hero
i wish that wasn't the case so you have fear of going too high on your own.

I dont understand why the top is so special so this doesnt happen. It is almost as ridiculous as me being able to not die if I decide to glide left or right. Isn't a ring out a ring out no matter which side you go out?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
i wish that wasn't the case so you have fear of going too high on your own.

I dont understand why the top is so special so this doesnt happen. It is almost as ridiculous as me being able to not die if I decide to glide left or right. Isn't a ring out a ring out no matter which side you go out?
Smash is not logical.

Just ask Pit:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182130

Top Bottom