• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS New Update!

JancroFin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jancr0fin
3DS FC
5472-8792-6103
Okay, I might not be entirely wrong on the whole model thing. I've noticed WFT's Sun Salutation has extra effects around it now. Have any of you noticed something like this?
Ike's windbox Eruption now has a little swirly wind around the tip of the sword as he charges it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The CPU difficulty feels the same to me. I really can't tell the difference before and after this update.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So added effects, and possibly better CPUs?

Not bad, but I hate the whole deleted replays thing. Come on, Nintendo.

Come on.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Been totally eating up the mii fighter exchange service :) it's even given me an opportunity to try out equipment, which I never would have touched before. Got my default fighters for tournaments and then my item packing characters for fun matches :D

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Now that replays are uploadable and viewable, the worst of For Glory REALLY comes to show.
Those people need to learn how to be disrespectful while being efficient and stylish. Now that's really insulting!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So most people are saying that Diddy's hoo hah wasn't nerfed.

SAAAAAKUUUURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!
Wait for Mewtwo to be released.

Specifically, wait for Mewtwo to be released and for her to be Femtwo from the 16th movie, and a terrible character who is easily rekt by Diddy, whose down throw and Uair have been buffed. And the only character better than Diddy is Dark Pit, who has been buffed to oblivion, making it obvious that the whole thing was a deliberate ruse by Sakurai to force people to love his ******* son.
Or

Wolf could simply not let him hoo hah.
Some people are saying Miis are now playable in for glory is this true?
Also that manual on the menu is really good.:troll:

Mario1080p

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario128-1080p
3DS FC
4682-8448-5127
Anyone here believe that the Wii U version getting a similar update tomorrow? The 50-Fact Extravaganza has shown a sample date being 2/11/2015 at 30:18.

Last edited:

Mario1080p

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario128-1080p
3DS FC
4682-8448-5127
Watch the video at 30:18 to see for yourself. It could just be a random date for all we know.

Last edited:

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
Anyone here believe that the Wii U version getting a similar update tomorrow? The 50-Fact Extravaganza has shown a sample date being 2/11/2015 at 30:18.

Wow, interesting catch. I wonder if that was really planned, or if it's coincidence.

Also, I notice you have an identical username and avatar on Youtube...

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I feel so left out. People with a new 3ds gets to use amiibos on the 3ds version while non new 3ds users have no clue when an adapter will even come out for any region outside of japan.

Just letting you know that I stole that pic and posted it in another thread for likes :x
That's cool.

Mario1080p

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario128-1080p
3DS FC
4682-8448-5127
Wow, interesting catch. I wonder if that was really planned, or if it's coincidence.
Either way, it's really close to the 3DS update, random or not.

Tried the sharing feature using my Wii U Equipment set I came up with, finally getting my idea out there to the world, it's just a shame that you cannot search or follow specific users unless you're friends with that person. My demo video will most likely be visible for a short time.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Didn't read the whole thread so apologies if this was already mentioned, but if it was a balance patch the Wii U version would get it too.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Didn't read the whole thread so apologies if this was already mentioned, but if it was a balance patch the Wii U version would get it too.
We may be seeing a wii u patch tomorrow, if Mario1080p is right about his guess.

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
Ridley confirmed in this update, Bowser also got a Godzilla alternate costume. Wolf became playable again. Can anyone confirm? I also heard that the Villager can plant two trees while one is still active.

Last edited:

CycIone

Smash Apprentice

Also, I notice you have an identical username and avatar on Youtube...
Agreed. This is an interesting observation, I never paid attention to that before.

Also, news. You can only post a certain amount of data per day. I was just told to leave a new replay for another day. How rude. :lol:

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
It's actually four, but who's counting?
I hate when people spread fake rumors without looking up the facts first. It was confirmed that villager's sapling, when watered, transforms into the Great Deku Tree. The Great Deku Tree covers the whole stage, leaving no space from anyone to land, including villager.

OBVIOUSLY

Densho

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah, it's nothing great, but I noticed that when you check your for glory records, now you van view a more exact KOs and fall average within the update. Before, it would always show 2 and 1, now you see something like 1.60 and 0.93. :p

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
Last edited:

Mario1080p

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario128-1080p
3DS FC
4682-8448-5127
Well, it doesn't look like the Wii U Smash update will arrive today after all.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
We may be seeing a wii u patch tomorrow, if Mario1080p is right about his guess.
I thought about that in the back of my mind but was too lazy to mention it, lol :p

I do hope the Wii U gets this Share update soon, all my Mii fighters were created on Wii U ;-;

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I thought about that in the back of my mind but was too lazy to mention it, lol :p

I do hope the Wii U gets this Share update soon, all my Mii fighters were created on Wii U ;-;
You can transfer Mii fighters back and forth tho.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
So here are my thoughts about the whole sharing system so far. I like it. I don't think it's perfect but it's ok. I'm not going to like people having miis of themselves which there is a lot which is what I expected I guess... However there are some miis that are definitely worth receiving like Goku for example that I find the person did a real good job on. There was only a couple miis that really wowed me out of 8 pages.

Snapshots in my opinion is no big deal at all but it's there and I did see some cool shots here and there. I did see some people trying dirty shots which is... come on guys, it's smash bros. I do like the fact that non new 3ds users have the opportunity to post on miiverse now with it.

Replays is probably my favorite out of the 3. I don't know how people will be able to do anything messed up other than naming the title. This can help you learn more about a character thanks to the whole search options can be so specific. I believe this can not only just be to show off, but also an opportunity to do stuff like combos or show some strategies. I already did a combo replay of Lugi doing some decent combos for about 30 seconds and hope someone watches it and can learn from it. Also we could also be able to see some tournament players use this replay share as well which I think will be interesting to see.

If there is anything to improve on it would be for them to implement a search bar so you can find specific stuff like "Goku" miis or "Combos" replays, and having the ability to go further than 8 pages and 100 replays at a time.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well once I get my New 3DS XL, I'm gonna start training my Amiibos the same way I trained on the Wii U version.

Uh, can they be transferred between versions, by the way?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Well once I get my New 3DS XL, I'm gonna start training my Amiibos the same way I trained on the Wii U version.

Uh, can they be transferred between versions, by the way?
If you mean by the data not being erased for playing a different version, then yes. Your data will be the same as it was playing the Wii U version.

Elisay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Elisay7
3DS FC
2552-2548-4286
Hackers are exploiting this update and putting their hacked mii's online.

Looks like I've found a new main.:troll:

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
Hackers are exploiting this update and putting their hacked mii's online.

Looks like I've found a new main.:troll:
Good thing they can't be used online. But boy, I almost feel sorry for the Grim Reaper now...

So here are my thoughts about the whole sharing system so far. I like it. I don't think it's perfect but it's ok. I'm not going to like people having miis of themselves which there is a lot which is what I expected I guess... However there are some miis that are definitely worth receiving like Goku for example that I find the person did a real good job on. There was only a couple miis that really wowed me out of 8 pages.
Clearly, you have not seen the Mii the above quoter has...

Snapshots in my opinion is no big deal at all but it's there and I did see some cool shots here and there. I did see some people trying dirty shots which is... come on guys, it's smash bros. I do like the fact that non new 3ds users have the opportunity to post on miiverse now with it.
You are complaining about dirty shots taken by others when one of the OFFICIAL screenshots was this dandy?

FTR, I did post (on the 3DS) one titled "The Truth" from a replay someone sent when Pacman ended up positioned just perfectly next to Rosalina. His face was too perfect for me not to get it. To be fair, I captured one about ten frames or so earlier where it appeared Pacman was holding up Rosalina as a trophy and smiling for the camera. I'm not a photo planner, I just capture things as they happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom