• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS New Update!

kimkam120

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-2050-6751
So from what I understand, NEW 3ds's will be able to use Amiibos directly from NFC stuff. But other 3ds's will need some kind of adapter not yet released? If so that is pretty bad because there is no way im buying a NEW 3ds XL, do not like the XL versions.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
So I guess the only content left to be added in to either game is tournament mode for wii u, the miiverse stage, mewtwo, and the rest of the ammibos. did i leave anything out?
no SHARE replay, mii and pics in WII U version?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Guys. the update hasn't been out for a full day and I already see a Hitler mii...

Can't wait to see the future of this.

anaglyphix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glyph
3DS FC
3669-0309-2018
has anyone checked that version yet? if it hasn't updated yet, I think we can expect tournament mode with the wii u share modem, since it already has amiibo support.

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
The default opponent when beginning a game of Smash is now one CPU instead of two.

The main menu now has a Game Manual option on the bottom screen.

Some people are climing lv 8 and 9 CPUs are more agressive now, but that could be the sugar pills talking.

Also, the first thing I do when there's a patch is see if Din's Fire still leaves Zelda in a helpless fall. It still does. Meta Knight also still has eyerolling hitboxes.

Last edited:

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
Through testing so far, it appears you can post replays for anyone in the world to see immediately, but sending a replay to friends only means they can't see it for quite some time. Logical? Guessing it has to be sent through other online features, and Nintendo even says it might take a while. Better to just post them.

Another fun thing: you can now search for replays others post featuring you. Just search for your main and the mode of play, and scroll through the list looking for your name. Myself, I posted a replay with leito, myself (as P2), kam, and "....". Two posts above, I found myself in an earlier match with a different P4 who left after two or three matches, and posted the earlier replay. You'll find both under Team Smash For Glory by focusing on Kirby.

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so DIddy's hoo hah was definitely not nerfed, now this might be placebo, but it feels harder to chain back airs, like they might have more endlag. I could be wrong however.

Edit: (After more testing i think I'm wrong, but I will keep this here in case anyone wants to try it out and see if i was somehow magically right)

Last edited:

Hawke753

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-2790-2061
The CPUs are indeed better, they don't air dodge out of panic anymore (thank god, that made them so easy to beat) and they're overrall more aggresive

just fought a lvl 9 :4metaknight: and he got me with a few D-throw -> Up B several times and i don't remember the CPU trying stuff like that before

i guess that's great for people that have barely any friends to practice with like me :p

Edit: also RIP IN PEACE MY REPLAYS :'v

Last edited:

gamecrazy94

Smash Rookie
NNID
gamecrazy94
3DS FC
2320-6128-1064
I can confirm what Hawke753 said about the computers being more difficult. Far away from the stage on the right side, :4luigi: used his side b to get close, down b to go up and up b to make it to the ledge. Never seen a :4luigi: Lv 9 cpu get close to doing that. Seen it on Wii U though.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
As happy as I am with the update. I was sad that I lost my multi man endless replay of doc getting 627 kills. And now I think the cpu for multi man are harder than normal as well since I was having struggles getting over 300.

Also I am thinking of posting combo replays for Doc, Mario, Luigi and maybe more for people wanting to learn more about them thanks for the ability to share replays now. :)

Hellzsaint

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hellzsaint
3DS FC
0087-2525-0130
Really hyped about the computer thing but I'm still getting error codes on my downloads. :\

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I think better models are used now when you're fighting (miight be wrong). Also the quality when looking at shared screenshots makes me puke.

Last edited:

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
As happy as I am with the update. I was sad that I lost my multi man endless replay of doc getting 627 kills. And now I think the cpu for multi man are harder than normal as well since I was having struggles getting over 300.

Also I am thinking of posting combo replays for Doc, Mario, Luigi and maybe more for people wanting to learn more about them thanks for the ability to share replays now. :)
So in other words, I should be happy I got my 5 KOs in Cruel Smash the other day with Kirby because it will never happen again?

(Seriously, that was hard. Really hard.)

Meanwhile, I got my first download packet. 7 replays, including some I already downloaded from world posts when we were testing it and noticed friend sending delays. Also got a Mii Fighter I have yet to look at.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
So in other words, I should be happy I got my 5 KOs in Cruel Smash the other day with Kirby because it will never happen again?
Possibly.

I can definitely tell that the cpu are tougher in the update. Not difficult but better than before. I can tell because Dr.Mario level 9 uses a lot more tornado moves than before. I also did a 1v2 against 2 level 9 Dr Marios. I noticed that occasionally one of them gets up close to me while the other spams pills. I don't think this has happened before.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I might not be entirely wrong on the whole model thing. I've noticed WFT's Sun Salutation has extra effects around it now. Have any of you noticed something like this?

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
My main worry about this edition is not being able to sort miis, screenshots, replays, or even stages in the Wii U version by download count.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Okay, I might not be entirely wrong on the whole model thing. I've noticed WFT's Sun Salutation has extra effects around it now. Have any of you noticed something like this?
Not just her. Palu's Uair has some visual improvements as well.

Well, not like many people here care about that, sadly.

Hawke753

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-2790-2061
Actually yes, i think :4ganondorf: up B has some new effects to it, not sure about that one though

on a side note it's really cool that they added stuff like this :p

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
I'm waiting for the the Wii U version! Most of people I know have Wii U.

Custom stages!

Densho

Smash Rookie
Indeed, CPUs are more agressive than before and do less stupidities. Also, I noticed that Rob's light is now more intense, making it easier to know when it's laser is fully charged. Oh, and loadimg times takes a bit more of time.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Replays I saved prior to the new update won't work anymore? Are you ****ing me?
This is the worst part of the patches imo, I have so many cool things on replays that are unlikely to happen again and now they are gonna stop working just like that?

I think im gonna record my best replays with a capture card before patching.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This is the worst part of the patches imo, I have so many cool things on replays that are unlikely to happen again and now they are gonna stop working just like that?

I think im gonna record my best replays with a capture card before patching.
Ugh...same here, man. Lots of epic moments I saved up in the box only to dump it all into the recycling bin again? Why even bother with this whole replay **** if they gonna keep making us delete them when they have a new patch coming?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Obviously, the fact that replays saved after the 1.0.4 update are unplayable in update 1.0.5 strongly suggests that some characters have been modified. For example, I've been hearing that Link's custom specials have been changed, with the Power Bow taking much longer to fully charge than before.

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
I wish replays really could be uploaded to social media or something like images, because even if you save them on miiverse, you won't be able to download and play them with a new update.

Are you sure M&SGuy? Someone mentioned it was because of the replay revamp. I don't think the community is going to want to go through and test literally every aspect of every character to check for buffs/nerfs AGAIN.

I sure hope Power Bow isn't nerfed, I like how borderline broken it is. Because it makes me want to cape it right back for KO :D

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll check that Power Bow thing when I get home. I'll try team up with a friend and check out balance changes, with me using 1.0.4.

I highly doubt there are any though, since the Wii U version hasn't seen any, and the whole point of 1.0.4 was to bring the 3DS version up to speed with the Wii U version.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Are you sure M&SGuy? Someone mentioned it was because of the replay revamp. I don't think the community is going to want to go through and test literally every aspect of every character to check for buffs/nerfs AGAIN.

I sure hope Power Bow isn't nerfed, I like how borderline broken it is. Because it makes me want to cape it right back for KO :D
In Smash Wii U, from what I've seen, the Power Bow seemed to take longer to fully charge than in Smash 3DS.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Checked the update. No amiibo menu. Must only show up on the New 3ds.

But the best part of this update is...
The manual in the main menu!:troll:

MegaSilver

Smash Cadet
NNID
MegaSilver
They REALLY nerfed Greninja. After weakening him in the first balance patch that shadow sneak was his only real ace move left because everything else has such a short range. Too bad too, because I wanted to main him, oh well...

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
They REALLY nerfed Greninja. After weakening him in the first balance patch that shadow sneak was his only real ace move left because everything else has such a short range. Too bad too, because I wanted to main him, oh well...
Nothing is confirmed, someone even said Nintendo said they didn't change any gameplay aspect.

I really hope they didn't nerf Greninja, he has not been OP since maybe 1.03 and aMSa's Greninja is so hype. I hope it's all placebo and Nintendo isn't going around just nerfing any good moves in the game, or else everyone is just going to be neutered and the game really will get boring.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I think Palutena's Super Speed momentum save glitch is gone. Can anyone else confirm?

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
If there is balancing, then the WiiU version should have received an update too, no?

MegaSilver

Smash Cadet
NNID
MegaSilver
Nothing is confirmed, someone even said Nintendo said they didn't change any gameplay aspect.

I really hope they didn't nerf Greninja, he has not been OP since maybe 1.03 and aMSa's Greninja is so hype. I hope it's all placebo and Nintendo isn't going around just nerfing any good moves in the game, or else everyone is just going to be neutered and the game really will get boring.
I don't even think he was that OP before the update. His attacks are so short range he needs something to make him worth it.

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
If there is balancing, then the WiiU version should have received an update too, no?
No it was primarily for 3DS and for the Amiibo support. Both consoles are likely to see any balance patches once Mewtwo is released.

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
Possibly.

I can definitely tell that the cpu are tougher in the update. Not difficult but better than before. I can tell because Dr.Mario level 9 uses a lot more tornado moves than before. I also did a 1v2 against 2 level 9 Dr Marios. I noticed that occasionally one of them gets up close to me while the other spams pills. I don't think this has happened before.
I've heard about difficult CPUs in a Twitch chat I hang out in as well.

Also, I did get my five KOs in Cruel Smash again, so I went ahead and posted a video. Look up Canada if you go looking for it.

Top Bottom