• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Update: Superspicy Curry

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I think adding detail to food is just mundane, and unnecessary. I'd much rather them focus on other details than what the food looks like. Food is small anyway, when you're battling, it's not like you're going to notice (or at least, I wouldn't.)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
LMFAO. Very clever!

I think adding detail to food is just mundane, and unnecessary. I'd much rather them focus on other details than what the food looks like. Food is small anyway, when you're battling, it's not like you're going to notice (or at least, I wouldn't.)
Seriously, stfu already about the graphics. Graphics aren't important, especially when it comes to something as insignificant as this.

If they like forgot to give fox arms or something, then id see your point, but this is tinnny.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
The curry could be totally kickass when you add people like Ike and Captain Falcon to it!

Rolando84

Smash Rookie
First post, woot I guess? :p

I never thought I'd see this kind of item in Smash Bros. Sakurai amazed me, lol, he's being serious when he said that only dedicated fans will recognize some things. This is from Kirby's Dreamland, since you couldn't eat enemies to copy their abilities you could eat bombs, microphones or.. hot curry, to aid you :p-

komickid

Smash Apprentice
It certainly is now a possibility that all food items will have a side effect. If that happens it would add a slight bit of strategy. In Melee whenever food items were on the stage people would mindlessly try to pick up every food item. However, if all the food items give you certain capabilities people will be more selective in their choice.

Of course the other possibility is that the Superspicy Curry is a one off, although I prefer the former theory.

I just re read the update

This can be interpreted as meaning that only a select few foods have a certain effect. Which practically makes my first thought redundant lol.

Apologies if something similar has been suggested earlier in the thread.
Like I think when you pick up the bannana you should eat the bannana then it becomes the bannana peel.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Why does everyone complain about the items? Items make this game stand apart from every other Street Fighter/ Soul Calibur/ Marvel vs Capcom out there.
I agree completely.

Items add FUN factor to the game. I mean, there's nothing wrong with throwng a baseball bat at your little cousin's character and enjoying every second of it.

Plus, Link would look sick with a flaming Master Sword.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I hate not having items.

Sakurai seems to really like the fire. How many times have we now seen fire involved in one of the updates?
Several.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe there are this many pages for a thread about spicy curry. There shouldn't even have been a thread for it. We should just throw all these useless updates into one thread called USELESS UPDATES OF THE WEEK and realize that it's just to stall until we get the one good update per week, maaaaybe two, which has been the routine thus far.

Smash Ace
I hate not having items.

Sakurai seems to really like the fire. How many times have we now seen fire involved in one of the updates?
Several.
There's proof that Roy is returning, since ph1r3 + 5up3r5p1cy cu22y = teh t0talz0m3ne55 pwn4g3 0f 5t4g3x0rz.

I had to copy that last part, since that was so dang cool

Top Bottom