• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Up-B setup (maybe?)

Durant-man

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone,

so I was doing some testing with Zelda after the new patch, I was trying a combo I had red about, Down-tilt to Up-Air.
But while fooling around a bit, I've landed a Down-tilt to Up-B, which resulted in a kill. The combo meter indicated that this was a true combo, but I've struggled to replicate it.
If this is correct it could be a safer way to land an Up-B kill.
I've narrow it down to 100%-115%, before those the second hit of Up-B doesn't land and after those I haven't been able to get it true.

EDIT : Also work with DOWN-THROW !! Around the same %

Note : Tested against Captain Falcon with no rage. My best results were when I activate the Up-B while rising from my short-hop, don't work when you activate the Up-B at the apex of your shorthop.
The timing is a bit strict.

I don't know if this new, I don't go often on the Zelda's board but I thought this could interest you guys.

(Sorry if bad english)

Last edited:

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
It is known. Because FW works different in the air, it's considered unreliable and risky.

Thanks for sharing though.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Yeah, aerial Farore's is really wonky because the first hit's KB isn't very strong until higher percents. The angle also isn't straight up like the grounded version, it's slightly to the side which makes aiming harder. But with rage, the first hit can connect to the second much much earlier, usually resulting in an early kill.

Low % dtilts can also combo into grounded Elevators. See my sig for an example, lol. Courtesy of @SBphiloz4 's montage.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Both dtilt and dthrow are also heavily DI-able meaning it shouldn't actually be guaranteed against real people.

Durant-man

Smash Rookie
Well, thanks for the feedback :)

She's really fun to play but she have so many problems, I was really hoping for something new too boost her up.
But the research are not over so maybe someone will figure out something.

Top Bottom