• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New tripping AT ?

Blind Fremen

Smash Cadet
So I was messing around in Training when I performed a Usmash that caused the computer to TRIP. Except it was closer to being stunned by her Dsmash than a trip, because the other character floated a little above the stage. I couldn't duplicate it very well, and I may have pressed some other buttons; I'm still trying to figure it out.

:confused:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
A trip is possible by every move, as long as it hits the opponents feet and has a particular angle, IIRC.

But stunning is strange, to bad it was training = no replay

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Look at that UP smash.

I don't know how this would work, unless they somehow got tripped while going into the ridiculous hitlag caused by ZSS's whip.

DeTa

Smash Apprentice
try to make a video of this. I'm kind of curious now :o

SuSa

Banned via Administration
A trip is possible by every move, as long as it hits the opponents feet and has a particular angle, IIRC.

But stunning is strange, to bad it was training = no replay
Almost certain that angle is 361.

AKA:
"The Sakurai Angle"

Because... a normal angle can only be 359. :x (360 would be equivalent to 0 IIRC)

And I'd consider 0 not an angle.

DeTa

Smash Apprentice
Almost certain that angle is 361.

AKA:
"The Sakurai Angle"

Because... a normal angle can only be 359. :x (360 would be equivalent to 0 IIRC)

And I'd consider 0 not an angle.
but the reference angle of 361 would just be 1 degree, except it'd be in the negative (quadrant IV) quadrant on a graph if you were to graph it.
359 degrees would be the same deal, except it's one degree in quadrant I, so technically, the "sakurai angle" and the normal angle are only 2 degrees apart. Therefore, it would be difficult to distinguish between the normal and sakurai angle, making both angles plausible for tripping a character.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Think of a circle. 360 degrees. Each degree is within the circle. 361 would technically just be 1 degree, therefore it doesn't exist.

To fully understand this, you'd have to have Phantom Wings Smash Attack Program (Project SA) and under Trajectory (the knockback direction of a move) you'll see 361, if removed. The move doesn't trip.

Therefore 361 = tripping = Sakurai Angle (because everyone blames tripping on Sakurai)

DeTa

Smash Apprentice
Think of a circle. 360 degrees. Each degree is within the circle. 361 would technically just be 1 degree, therefore it doesn't exist.

To fully understand this, you'd have to have Phantom Wings Smash Attack Program (Project SA) and under Trajectory (the knockback direction of a move) you'll see 361, if removed. The move doesn't trip.

Therefore 361 = tripping = Sakurai Angle (because everyone blames tripping on Sakurai)
Hm... I'll take your word for it, since I don't have Project SA. Yeah, tripping is all Sakurai's fault xD
but just so you know, 361 degrees does exist o_o

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
SuSa is correct, it is 361.

Just forgot about it real quickly. Heh.

Anyways, I think this was just you seeing it wrong, Blind. Try to recreate it all you want though.

Blind Fremen

Smash Cadet
I also found a way to spike characters off the edge of the stage after a Dsmash. Do a full hop Dair--spaced just right, so that her front foot hits near the edge of the stage--to send the opponent straight downwards. I'm not sure if it works at every %, but it does work at around 50%.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I also found a way to spike characters off the edge of the stage after a Dsmash. Do a full hop Dair--spaced just right, so that her front foot hits near the edge of the stage--to send the opponent straight downwards. I'm not sure if it works at every %, but it does work at around 50%.
yeah I do this when im lazy but do you know what else works, walk back down B delay down B :D.

But this can be tricky and if they are right on the edge, run off down B towards the stage down B.

Top Bottom