• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New tourney, have some questions

Qbopper

Smash Rookie
I live in a relatively small town and I know some people in my area enjoy Smash, but I'm not sure how to effectively reach out to gauge interest in a tourney. I have some survey cards with basic questions (skill level/controllers/ability to bring a tv/wii) and have a facebook group I've asked people to invite their friends who might be interested to, but I'm looking for other ways to get the word out there.

I considered posters, but I can't organize the tournament until I'm sure I have a few people (I'd say 16 would work well, small # makes things easier while allowing an actual bracket)

So, my questions are:

• How can I effectively spread the word and let people know that a tourney can happen with enough people?
  • How can I effectively introduce non Smashers to the game? (I know many people who play League of Legends competitively and I'm sure they'd enjoy comp Smash)
  • What's a good TV + Wii to players ratio? I don't think turnout will be massive because it's a small town, but I have two working setups at the moment.
The tourney will be Project M and players of any skill level will be welcome. Thanks for reading.

Top Bottom