• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to the Smash Boards (and happy to be here)

Linxter

Smash Rookie
Hey, all! The name is Lincoln. I'm glad to have found this place. :)

I've played Smash Bros since I was around 5 I think (maybe younger). I started off on Super Smash Bros. for the N64 which still stands to be one of my all time favorite games to this day.
Once Melee came out, I played it a lot more. Got pretty good at Peach and had fun playing with my friends and family growing up.
I heard about Brawl, but during that stage of my life I had lost some interest. My upbringing was in the performing arts which took a lot of time. So I didn't really think about it for several years. But every now and then during that time I would pull out my old N64 and play Smash. This was when I realized I preferred Fox over all the other characters in SSB64.

It wasn't until Smash 4 came out that I became more interested in Smash again (I was in my mid to late teens by this time). I became even more interested as I watched all 4 hours and 18 minutes of The Smash Brothers Documentary on Youtube. I had no idea that there was a whole competitive side of Smash! I didn't have a Wii U, but I played at a few friends house's occasionally. So instead, I went back to Melee and started to practice with Marth (inspired by all the Marth players I had seen in the documentary, and I found him easy to use). This was also around the time I was told by a friend about Project M which I thought was fantastic (I only played it once though).

Nowadays, Ultimate has been the one I've played most recently (I main Zelda :ultzelda:). I live in northern CA (though I was raised in Houston, TX) as part of a traveling performing arts company that combines dancing and drums. I lived in France for 5 months, and have traveled a lot. The only exposure I have to Smash currently is a local coffee shop that has gaming nights once a week, or the occasional friend inviting me over to play. Out of the locals I've played in my area, I consider myself above average. There have only been two guys I've played around here where the game has felt evenly matched.

Anywho, that's me. I don't consider myself to be a "hardcore" player by any means. But I appreciate the game quite a lot and watch a lot of tournaments on Twitch when I can.

Be blessed!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
We're happy to have you, dude!

I loved Zelda in this game. Best iteration of her yet. If you have an online subscription and want to play even more people, we frequently have arenas set up with the Ultimate forum regulars, or you can browse the tournaments section to find online and in-person tourneys in your area. Even if you don't feel ready to compete, those are great places to play friendlies and find new Smash friends.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hey, all! The name is Lincoln. I'm glad to have found this place. :)

I've played Smash Bros since I was around 5 I think (maybe younger). I started off on Super Smash Bros. for the N64 which still stands to be one of my all time favorite games to this day.
Once Melee came out, I played it a lot more. Got pretty good at Peach and had fun playing with my friends and family growing up.
I heard about Brawl, but during that stage of my life I had lost some interest. My upbringing was in the performing arts which took a lot of time. So I didn't really think about it for several years. But every now and then during that time I would pull out my old N64 and play Smash. This was when I realized I preferred Fox over all the other characters in SSB64.

It wasn't until Smash 4 came out that I became more interested in Smash again (I was in my mid to late teens by this time). I became even more interested as I watched all 4 hours and 18 minutes of The Smash Brothers Documentary on Youtube. I had no idea that there was a whole competitive side of Smash! I didn't have a Wii U, but I played at a few friends house's occasionally. So instead, I went back to Melee and started to practice with Marth (inspired by all the Marth players I had seen in the documentary, and I found him easy to use). This was also around the time I was told by a friend about Project M which I thought was fantastic (I only played it once though).

Nowadays, Ultimate has been the one I've played most recently (I main Zelda :ultzelda:). I live in northern CA (though I was raised in Houston, TX) as part of a traveling performing arts company that combines dancing and drums. I lived in France for 5 months, and have traveled a lot. The only exposure I have to Smash currently is a local coffee shop that has gaming nights once a week, or the occasional friend inviting me over to play. Out of the locals I've played in my area, I consider myself above average. There have only been two guys I've played around here where the game has felt evenly matched.

Anywho, that's me. I don't consider myself to be a "hardcore" player by any means. But I appreciate the game quite a lot and watch a lot of tournaments on Twitch when I can.

Be blessed!
Hey Lincoln :239:

Welcome to Smashboards!

Top Bottom