• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new to the G&W threads

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
hi, i main ganon but have recently been picking up G&W just because. does anyone have any
tips for me on when to go g&w or when to stay ganon. also, i'm not sure if this has been mentioned but dthrow to pan on the edge is a fun way to kill most fastfallers at a relatively low %. (56k i hear that you also play ganon so your advice is key to my victory with g&w). ty all :)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
be G&W all the time, ganon is overrated, G&W ftw

Palafrak the valiant

Smash Cadet
g&w ftw, but you should play both for certain matchups. For example, Game and Watch is really good against specific characters, like mewtwo, boozer, and ic's. Ganon beats... I dunno, I don't play ganon, but if you fight a falco, and your gw is experienced (like mine xD), you definitely want to go gw. It just depends on the matchups and your skill with gw for going with gw or ganon. Also, that dthrow trick I've never tried... a good DI would work against it, but gw's grapple is so hard to predict. Oh well.

Pick GW or Ganon depending on the matchup.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Also, that dthrow trick I've never tried... a good DI would work against it, but gw's grapple is so hard to predict. Oh well.

Pick GW or Ganon depending on the matchup.
yea, DI does sometimes screw that little doozie over but yea, you mentioned his grab is way to hard to predict and most times its a sure thing. thats so far for your advice you guys but i would like to learn more! =]

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
Make sure you have a credit card addiction. if you already do you will play a good GAW. lol.

use the F-air for everything.

use the d-tilt to setup for basically everything.

ummm d-throw to parachute works well with semi-floaty to floaty characters.

u-throw for fast fallers to parachute.

GAW>spacies.

wavelanding is always good.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Use ganon against jiggs, samus, c.falcon,marth,mario,luigi,doc and use G&W for the others specially fox and falco(but you'll get ***** anyway >_> but IMO G&W has a better match up against spacies than ganon)

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I agree. If you're going against a Falco, go G&W. If you're having trouble keeping up with faster opponents, also go G&W.

If you're going against a Peach, for the love of god DO NOT USE G&W. I'm sure most people here will agree with me :laugh: Ganon is definitely a better choice vs Peach. Also go Ganon vs Marth. And if you know your opponent is a very powerful character, it's better to go Ganon since he's extremely heavy while G&W would die early. However, I use G&W vs Ganon ;)

BlargCow

Smash Journeyman
i agree with 56k, peach completely counters g&w, i prefer using c.falcon when playing a peach

Top Bottom