• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to the Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, im new to these forums. I just got Melee, yes, i know its a little late for just getting it, but ive played it before frequently at a friend's house. My favorite character happens to be Kirby! Anyway, i just wanted to say hi and see if anyone had any tips on playing for me.

-KR

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
wow thats 2 people who just signed up in one day. what are the chances? well first of all welcome to the boards. this place is great. and secondly go to this other thread made by IC3R as this will give you a lot 0f tips. its called "hello there!"

ye25

Smash Journeyman
Hey, welcome to the boards, I hope that the information here will help up the level of your ssbm skills =D. Feel free to ask questions and dont worry, we wont flame you too hard.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Hi guys, im new to these forums. I just got Melee, yes, i know its a little late for just getting it, but ive played it before frequently at a friend's house. My favorite character happens to be Kirby! Anyway, i just wanted to say hi and see if anyone had any tips on playing for me.

-KR
Yeah, it might be a little late for Melee... but it's early for Brawl! If anything, your practice with Melee will no doubt benefit your gameplay when Dec. 3rd rolls around. And, who knows, maybe Kirby will get an up-grade, so it will be like getting a handicap lifted and we Kirby players will dominate.

Read the stickied threads, because they have a lot of info to digest. Make sure to ask questions, because it's not like the Kirby boards get an overwhelming number of posts as it is.

BTW, my favorite character happens to be Kirby, too.

BTW x2, your signature isn't working for others to see. You'll have to upload it to a photo hosting site, like photobucket.com and then link it. You can't link it from your desktop, unfortunately.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
So, im gathering that Kirby is one of those characters that takes a while to play well, but when you get used to him, can kill anything... is that right???

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
So, im gathering that Kirby is one of those characters that takes a while to play well, but when you get used to him, can kill anything... is that right???

Not really... Kirby has one of the most difficult times in killing anyone due to his lack of a good aerial kill move, combo setups, and the ability to do effective grab combos (besides kirbyciding). You really can only kill via smashes which aren't great, and edgeguarding. He is very slow in the air due to his weight as well. He can be decent if you get the hang of him. But his moves simply don't link as well as many of the others.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Not really... Kirby has one of the most difficult times in killing anyone due to his lack of a good aerial kill move, combo setups, and the ability to do effective grab combos (besides kirbyciding). You really can only kill via smashes which aren't great, and edgeguarding. He is very slow in the air due to his weight as well. He can be decent if you get the hang of him. But his moves simply don't link as well as many of the others.
Don't be discouraged by this truth :p. Most people don't even know how to play against a Kirby since they are so rare. Even my friends hate playing my kirby because he does some crazy things...like ducking everyone's grabs :laugh:.

Kirby may have lots of disadvantages, but he is still fun to play as IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom