• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to the forum... kind of

shaneknows

Smash Rookie
Hello all,

My name is Shane and I have been playing smash bros since the n64 one came out many moons ago. I remember reading about the game in EGM and counting the days until it came out.

During the n64 and melee days I would play in small tournaments just between my friends, but when brawl came out I started playing random other people at different local fighting game events. The first of which was the gamestop launch tournament. That was the most fun I had had at a tournament before (probably slightly biased because I won the local one). I took that enthusiasm to the next round and got knocked out first round. Oh well.

The next tournament I went to was another local one where I got eliminated by the people who got first and second place. One metaknight player crushed me so bad I had no idea what was going on. He told me about smashboards so I saught out the boards. I have been reading here for a few years now, but with the launch of the new smash games I feel I should try to be a little more active in the community.

Being in Maryland I know I am near a lot of good smash talent with Xanadu in baltimore and we have a decent local scene in southern maryland. Ness was my main in the N64 version and since melee it has been falco all the way. I usually just pick random when playing with friends though.

Hope to see you all at some tournaments!

Top Bottom