• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to Smash... PlayStation All Stars Pro!

GameFreakJason

Smash Rookie
Haha, figured that'd get some attention.

-I have never played Smash before, and never understood the rules until I played PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale, which I actually enjoy (despite its flaws)
-I bought a WiiU for SSB, but I am somewhat afraid I wont love it like everyone seems to... though I love PlayStation All Stars, so I assume I'll like SSB even more since it seems to be mechanically superior
-I only recently learned about smash attacks, and now understand why I sucked when playing with friends, whenever they'd play at parties
-Not that it mattered, since I didn't know the point of the game was to ring out your enemies (I'd just spam hoping for a "kill"). I learned about this after people complained about no ring outs in PlayStation All Stars
-I feel nervous purchasing a WiiU since I don't have the money, but I hope to love SSB.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
*Pulls up pants* We don't take kindly to PlayStation All-Stars players 'round these parts

Nah, I joke I joke, I kid I kid. I do hope that you end up liking Smash Bros. though. Nice to have you apart of our community now :)

Morbi

Scavenger
I would assert that you are rightfully nervous, you probably should have tried out a previous Smash title on the Wii (Smash 64 is on the eShop and it is backwards compatible with Melee) prior to purchasing a Wii U. However, it will be fine, you will surely love the glory that is Smash 4!

I am also a fan of Playstation All-Stars, it is not generally regarded as a great game around here though. I could appreciate it for what it offered and I had a lot of fun with it.

Regardless, welcome! Stay for more than a day!

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Welcome to the Smash community. PlayStation All-Stars is actually a very fun game for what it is, in my opinion. The sheer lack of balance, poor netcode, and constant disruptive patches finally compelled me to stop playing, but I was really into the game for a good while. Most fans of the game seem to have started as Smash fans, so it's quite interesting to see someone who actually got into Smash by playing All-Stars first.

I bought a Wii U for Smash as well (as have many people), so you're not alone. What's the extent of your prior experience with the series?

GameFreakJason

Smash Rookie
^ Haha.

I've only played Smash games (64, Gamecube) a handful of times. When I'm at a party, usually. I never knew how to play (ring outs) or how to do smash attacks (flick + attack). So it was always me mashing an attack and that's it.

I loved Power Stone back in the day, but that's a different game altogether.

I dont play fighting games like Street Fighter, because I'm terrible at them, but I did enjoy PlayStation All Stars a lot (despite that it's an admittedly badly polished and flawed game, I still enjoy it). I figured that if I enjoy All Stars so much and since I seem to do well playing All Stars, I shouldn't have a problem enjoying SSB and getting to understand it, especially now that I know how to play!

The sheer breadth of content and fan service seems amazing in Smash, but I'm trying to learn more about the game. The Wikis don't seem to help, but I'd love to know the number of modes, the level of customization (for modes/characters), etc.

I can't seem to find a proper place to read all the details of the game (customizing modes/gameplay, reading about how single player works, etc).

I seem to have a small grasp, but I'd love to know about the content outside the gameplay, as I seem to understand the gameplay now..

Hopefully my WiiU arrives tomorrow, and I'd love to add some of you guys :) (NNID same as username here)

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I myself wasn't huge into PASBR, but I don't doubt it's fun if you can get into it. Glad to see you checking out Smash though, it's hella fun!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Welcome Jason!

I'm fine if you're a PSA pro. What only matters is if you accept Superman as your personal lord and savior. If you are a Batheretic, only then will I shun you.

Welcome again, enjoy your stay, and remember: glory to Superman!

tumblr_mybivpgM3o1qf0xcjo1_1280.jpg

Top Bottom