• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to Smash and this forum

IAmEnel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Hello, Smashboards. My name is Matt. Just recently, my interest to play Smash Brothers competitively has peaked. I mostly play Project M and Smash 64 but occasionally play Brawl. Can you give me any tips on how to immerse myself into this community and more importantly, how to get good at Smash. Thanks!

ViVio

Smash Apprentice
join your local smash scene's fb page and start playing with people and join events/tournaments and stuff

welcome

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to Smash Boards! What I would do first is to practice against CPU, and at least try to win a few matches against level 9s. It's not that hard to complete that task! Then I would start learning mechanics of the game online and play against other players and try to learn from the matches you have with those players.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey there @ IAmEnel IAmEnel .

To add on to the points made, I'll link you to the Regional Zones forum (you can look into finding local Smashers to play here) and a guide to playing Smash competitively (take your time with it as it contains plenty of information that I'm sure you'll find helpful).

Immersing yourself into the community is something that you've already started - you joined the forums :)

To continue, try to become apart of your local Smash scene and get a lot of practice and establish connections with the players around you. It'll take many baby steps, but you'll get to where you want to be eventually.

Enjoy your stay!

Top Bottom